• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NeilJam

Smash Cadet
Having threads for each of those would be a flat out organizational mess and would kill discussion in the long run. Training Amiibos could warrant it's own discussion, however, next to no one is talking about that.

It's possible that people are not talking about that because it is difficult to carry out multiple discussions within the same thread. One might not bother posting a question about training if it is going to be missed or glossed over amongst the discussion on how hard it is to get the latest upcoming wave.

There are many different discussions to be had concerning Amiibo, but restricting them all to a single thread is hampering those discussions from taking place here.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Who I obtained first from first to latest: :4pikachu::4yoshi::4peach::4kirby::4bowser::4shulk::4sonic::4megaman::4sheik::4metaknight::4tlink::4mario:
Duplicates: 2 Mega Men (one of which I'm going to paint) and Smash Mario and Gold Mario
Have Pre-ordered: :4ness::4pacman::4lucina::4robinm::4wario::4charizard:, as well as the Splatoon 3-pack bundle
Absolutely must have!!! : :4greninja::4palutena::4olimar::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4falco::4mewtwo::4lucas:, Mario Party :rosalina:
Still haven't gotten yet: :4littlemac::4pit: , might get :4darkpit: if I still can't obtain the original

I feel soooo mad about missing out on Greninja's pre-order, and whatever happens I better not miss out again on April 27th or else I'll go punch someone's baby :mad:! My mom pre-ordered the Splatoon bundle pack for me at Gamestop too, I don't mean to be an in-grate or anything but I kinda didn't really want it and I didn't think she was going to. Truth be told, I think they look cool and I'm glad she got it but the only one I fnd "wow" is the green squid one (I love squids and octopi, some of my favorite animals :)), not really as excited for the Inklings. But in case I still don't get the Greninja I wanted, I'll just sell/trade the bundle with somebody who did, and keep it if I do seize my chance on April 27th.

Also, is there any good case to store amiibo at a reasonable price that you guys would recommend? Running out of room on my table for these lil guys.

Kendude

Smash Cadet
Lists are fun!

Own: :4samus::4luigi::4zelda::4metaknight::4shulk::4peach:(both),:4tlink::4megaman::4kirby::4bowser:(SMB only):substitute:(Toad)

Preordered: :4ness::4mario:(Gold)

Absolute must-haves: :4palutena::4zss::4falcon::4ganondorf::4robinf:(if they make her):4gaw::4olimar::4wario2:(SMB only):4charizard:

Would prefer to have: :4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4mewtwo::rosalina:(SMB only)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I could go on for quite a while, dear.
altro028.gif

It's possible that people are not talking about that because it is difficult to carry out multiple discussions within the same thread. One might not bother posting a question about training if it is going to be missed or glossed over amongst the discussion on how hard it is to get the latest upcoming wave.

There are many different discussions to be had concerning Amiibo, but restricting them all to a single thread is hampering those discussions from taking place here.
Having things on the level of threads (rather than posts) was the reason this thread was made. Members/New Users made threads for various topics that couldn't sustain enough activity bar Farming (which is a different subject) and were pushed back resulting in new new threads continuing the cycle of disorganization.

Ignoring other sites, this is the first time in several dozen pages that someone has asked about training amiibos, and you all immediately ignored the post's question and started arguing about not being able to have your discussion when there was no restrictions in place (which is funny because the first reply to that post was after 4 posts about people's collections).

From what I can tell, you are all complaining about discussions you're not interested in having.

I agree a Sub Forum will one day be in order, but Amiibos have not shown their real potential between the very minor things they unlock and the fact that it's hard to obtain them in the first place.

If you guys want to create a basic amiibo training regiment section to the OP that would be a great way to help new users out and to promote non-collecting/**** it Nintendo discussions. :)

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Where did it come from?
It ordered it from Amazon from Japan.

Anyway, it costed some hefty money, but now I ordered King Dedede, Lucario and Villager on Amazon today, and now I'll take a break from ordering amiibos online.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I, too, would enjoy a separate thread for training tips. The main reason I don't play with them more is because I don't yet have an effective training strategy, and I'd love to trade ideas with others (seriously, the best one we have is the first one we got, and we were just doing random stuff to it and accidentally created the scariest Peach ever). I suspect there are different strategies that work best for some amiibos but not others (a formula I found on Reddit worked will enough for Kirby, but not Fox).

Funny thing is, I was actually involved with an amiibo training thread a while back, but it mysteriously disappeared and I never understood why. While it was active, I found it to be an effective grounds for brainstorming training regimens. I'd love to have that back.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There are plenty of sustainable thread ideas I can think of for an Amiibo sub-forum. Like:

-Multiple tracking threads for different regions.

-Training in Smash/uses in other games (not sure if these should be the one thread or separate ones though).

-Custom Amiibo showcasing and demonstrations.

-Amiibo Photography

-Amiibo Speculation and Rumours Thread

-Amiibo NFC Modding (not terribly widespread yet but it will be in due time).

-Obligatory Social Forum

If I'm not mistaken, the amount of stickied threads a sub-forum can have is 8. Well there's over 10 right there.

-------------

Production Models of some upcoming figures:

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That is a pretty condescending response for a moderator to present.
To be fair, the tone of the comments you've made haven't been much better. Thus I thought it was time to have a little fun. :p

Take it to heart if you will, but if you do, take it to PMs as well.

Production Models of some upcoming figures:

Can definitely tell they added vertical height to Greninja's Tongue, head is also a little tucked down like Link. Jigglypuff looks great.

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
I didn't get Ness either, and I spent an hour trying to see if Wave 4 preorders popped up on either GameStop.com or Amazon.com since I wasn't allowed to buy Ness off of EB Games, and well... Never came on. I know how you feel.
I went to Gamestop yesterday to get a Majoras Mask 3DS case, and I asked the clerk there if they knew if Ness would get a restock, she said, "I am assuming yes because Shulk got a restock, but that was 6 months after he came out, but I think Ness will get one sooner because the Amiibos are starting to become more accessible."
What does this mean?
Ness will get a restock only to be sold out in 30 minutes

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I went to Gamestop yesterday to get a Majoras Mask 3DS case, and I asked the clerk there if they knew if Ness would get a restock, she said, "I am assuming yes because Shulk got a restock, but that was 6 months after he came out, but I think Ness will get one sooner because the Amiibos are starting to become more accessible."
What does this mean?
Ness will get a restock only to be sold out in 30 minutes
...Shulk had a restock that was up for like 3 hours.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thank you so flubbin' much for saying this. This is exactly what I've been thinking the entire time.

Which reminds me, did we ever get an official statement about the Shulk, Meta Knight and King Dedede situation and stock in Europe?
Only official statement we got was that Nintendo cancelled the majority of shipments of them meant for Europe. Around the same time, Nintendo had announced that Australia would be getting some European and Japanese Amiibo stock, so it sounds like they gave our Amiibos to Australia in this case.

If you want to get these guys at MSRP, I recommend having contacts abroad. Dedede and Shulk are secured for me by a friend in New York when they were available at Nintendo World Store, and he's gonna help me with Meta Knight when Best Buy restocks him.

KiRbY.KiiLLeR

Smash Rookie
NNID
fatturnip779
Warning Received
Smashboards mods believe a single thread is enough for the entire component of the contemporary game which is amiibo.
It all goes here and despite my attempts to find out why, and my posts into the webosphere asking for a reasoning, no one will explain it. Hand of god.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comm...eta_knight_will_be_getting_a_restock/.compact

Servers are congested because all of the US is trying to leech off UK stock. :V
You caught me, but can you blame us? You guys are a wave ahead, and meanwhile those of us who missed our 10 minute window for Jpuff/Greninja/etc. due to servers cramping up have no other choice.

I really have to wonder how there are so many preorders available on eBay with practically the same title, clearly from the same person... at the risk of sounding paranoid, it seriously looks like an inside job.

Anyway, Metaknight being cancelled for good would be a surprise as he's a particularly popular character - unless they're thinking of releasing an alternate version of him for Kirby and the Canvas Curse...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You caught me, but can you blame us? You guys are a wave ahead, and meanwhile those of us who missed our 10 minute window for Jpuff/Greninja/etc. due to servers cramping up have no other choice.

I really have to wonder how there are so many preorders available on eBay with practically the same title, clearly from the same person... at the risk of sounding paranoid, it seriously looks like an inside job.

Anyway, Metaknight being cancelled for good would be a surprise as he's a particularly popular character - unless they're thinking of releasing an alternate version of him for Kirby and the Canvas Curse...
I'm not gonna chase people down about it, but is a little bothersome when the US leeches off of our already smaller stock. It's understandable with Greninja and Jiggs, but the rest haven't even been put up for pre-order in the US yet, we don't know how rare they will be yet. And if anything, the fact we will get them before the US gives the US some foresight on how rare they might be. And when you look at the fact some countries in Europe don't even get certain figures, it's disheartening to think they may not even be able to resort to importing from a neighbouring country.

At the end of the day though, I get that people just want to secure the figures and have them out of the way. It doesn't make me angry, it just makes me sad, especially since I live in a country that does miss out on quite a few characters.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
I'm not gonna chase people down about it, but is a little bothersome when the US leeches off of our already smaller stock. It's understandable with Greninja and Jiggs, but the rest haven't even been put up for pre-order in the US yet, we don't know how rare they will be yet. And if anything, the fact we will get them before the US gives the US some foresight on how rare they might be. And when you look at the fact some countries in Europe don't even get certain figures, it's disheartening to think they may not even be able to resort to importing from a neighbouring country.

At the end of the day though, I get that people just want to secure the figures and have them out of the way. It doesn't make me angry, it just makes me sad, especially since I live in a country that does miss out on quite a few characters.
I think this really shows how this community needs to act. We shouldn't take others stock right from them. We need to be considerate of others. That's just not right. That is why I'm waiting for Amazon US preorders.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Is it just me, or does Lucina's sword look like it's bending a bit, like what happened with Marth's sword?
Yeah, it kinda does, right around the hilt/where the hilt meets the handguard. Hopefully it's a trick of the eye and her sword is reasonably normal.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or does Lucina's sword look like it's bending a bit, like what happened with Marth's sword?
I've found that swords being bent is kind of completely meaningless; you can literally bend/unbend it yourself because of how freaking soft the plastic is. My Marth and Link amiibo both came with a hilariously bent sword, but now the're basically perfect. Just hold the thing in the opposite direction it's bent for a couple of seconds and they'll be perfectly straight in no time.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I've found that swords being bent is kind of completely meaningless; you can literally bend/unbend it yourself because of how freaking soft the plastic is. My Marth and Link amiibo both came with a hilariously bent sword, but now the're basically perfect. Just hold the thing in the opposite direction it's bent for a couple of seconds and they'll be perfectly straight in no time.
I've heard on r/amiibo though about some convoluted methods involving dipping the swords into boiling water for seconds before putting it into freezing cold water soon after to straighten it, though. Is that effective?

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I could probably give that particular method a try, then. That is, if Luci's sword does end up being bent (which is probably going to be expected).

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I have that problem with my Ike. Link's sword is fine, Marth's may be bent by a fraction, but Ike's is really bad. Samus is also leaning to the side for me too. Tried bending them right, but it stays for a bit and slowly relaxes back. I was thinking about trying to fix it with a splint, but haven't done that yet. Don't know if I feel comfortable with rapid temp changes, but that definitely should work, assuming it doesn't crack the plastic

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I have that problem with my Ike. Link's sword is fine, Marth's may be bent by a fraction, but Ike's is really bad. Samus is also leaning to the side for me too. Tried bending them right, but it stays for a bit and slowly relaxes back. I was thinking about trying to fix it with a splint, but haven't done that yet. Don't know if I feel comfortable with rapid temp changes, but that definitely should work, assuming it doesn't crack the plastic
Isn't Ike's supposed to be like that? I mean, then they would have to increase the size of Ike's base for his Amiibo...

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Isn't Ike's supposed to be like that? I mean, then they would have to increase the size of Ike's base for his Amiibo...
If so, I'd be more comfortable with it. The way it seems, his arm is too long for where his sword is planted, so if it went straight down, they'd need to extedn the base. I notice a few characters have gotten modified poses, so Ike probably should have had his sword on an angle instead of vertical - as it stands, it goes vertical through the blade, then the handle has to curve almost half a centimeter to reach his hand. I think the Ike is definitely the worst amiibo in terms of look anyway - the face is unimaginably derpy, even Marth and Link look halfway decent (Zelda, however is a different story)

Ah well, Rosalina is almost perfect, and the more cartoonish characters look way better as you go. I hope Ganondorf can retain a bit of his look, but even the Dorf model in game is derpy so I don't have much hope for that.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If so, I'd be more comfortable with it. The way it seems, his arm is too long for where his sword is planted, so if it went straight down, they'd need to extedn the base. I notice a few characters have gotten modified poses, so Ike probably should have had his sword on an angle instead of vertical - as it stands, it goes vertical through the blade, then the handle has to curve almost half a centimeter to reach his hand. I think the Ike is definitely the worst amiibo in terms of look anyway - the face is unimaginably derpy, even Marth and Link look halfway decent (Zelda, however is a different story)

Ah well, Rosalina is almost perfect, and the more cartoonish characters look way better as you go. I hope Ganondorf can retain a bit of his look, but even the Dorf model in game is derpy so I don't have much hope for that.
Actually I have a picture of a Ganon Amiibo (albeit at a weird angle) and he looks hella derpy LOL XD :p

Top Bottom