• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, game stop is out of Robin and Lucina. On my turn.

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Well, game stop is out of Robin and Lucina. On my turn.
The fact that they havent learned from Marth and Ike is so depressing, jeez
This whole thing has me anxious about whether I'll even be able to get the ones that I didnt think would be that rare to begin with, like Jigglypuff, Squidgirl, and Pac-Man

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Stood in line over an hour. The very first person got their order through after an hour, then 20 minutes later we were told they had nothing left but Charizard and Ness. They served literally one person. I am pretty much done with these figures. The quality for the FE characters has been like Russian Roulette anyways. *ollies outie*

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Ness Success! Went to my local store and managed to preorder one! The servers were painfully slow and kept crashing, but I managed to pull through! I´m so happy right now!

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
I just ordered Pacman from Amazon for my friend. The shipping was obscene since it's from Japan, and I hate spending money in the first place...However, my aforementioned friend got my Lucario amiibo for about the same price, so it's a fair trade.

All I can say is that I'm so glad I'm not collecting these things.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Waiting forever for Robin preorders to open on amazon. This is ridiculous.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So I waited an hour and 40 minutes to order Ness, Charizard, and Pac man. Gamestops crashing and customer service not helping at all. Instore online was a brilliant idea, lets have stores from everywhere try to make orders online at once. Nothing bad could happen to the website. Then Ness is a exclusive. To make matters worse, Lucina and Robin are out of stock. Luckily I didn't want them, but I feel bad for people who waited like me to have them out of stock.

Really grateful for how cooperative the staff were, though. I hope Nintendo takes note about this. Stop making exclusives and make amiibo have more then 1 month of production.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Waited an hour and 15 minutes in line. They were crashed even before I got there.

Lucina/Robin were out. Ness they bet was out. Charizard they had no idea. Pac/Wario would be another 20 minutes at the least, assuming they were still there.

Took 45 minutes before the first person in line left, and even then I don't think they got their full order.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I was lucky enough to reserve Ness and avoid the bloodbath right at 2pm,unless if you count the slow checkout as part of the bloodbath.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I need a minute to collect myself before I share my story.

My plans going into this (none of which came to pass, mind you) were as follows: Call in sick so I can work from home while I focus on amiibo orders (fortunately, my job's flexible enough that I can not only work from home but make up any lost time due to goofing off by working later, and nobody complains). Order 1 of each for myself and my collecting buddy, and be done. A third person, Scot (remember the guy I traded my Lucario to for a fourth Rosalina in exchange for a contact with someone who had the Majora's Mask 3DS?) was trying to get me to order his for him because he'd be in class at 3. He even went as far as setting up an account at Gamestop with his credit card and shipping info and was about to send me the password. I kept saying "I can't promise you anything, also are you crazy you've only met me in person once?!" but then he said he'd found another way.

Showed up at Gamestop at 2:30. Only one person in line ahead of me - it's Jake, the dude who gave me free shiny Pokemon during the wait for Smash 4 Wii U's release! We chat and trade stories while people line up behind us. Meanwhile, I learn that there's one order ahead of both of us... lo and behold, it's Scot! He'd run in, bought a gift card, and because he's friends with the GS employees, they were going to let his order go in first. Kind of... a bit cringe-worthy, sure, but I'm third in line. I've got this.

2:57 rolls around and the computers stop working. People are panicking at every little flicker of the lights (it was rainy and windy outside) thinking at first the weather was the cause. All registers but one are rebooted, tech support is called, etc. - nothing fixes it. Other stores are called or call this one - the problem is widespread, only one store out of 4 had actually got their first order through. The line is moved three times as Scot's order pinwheels on a single register. By 3:30, not a single order has gone through, and nobody actually in the line is being serviced. People start complaining they have to leave for work, and they too are allowed gift cards and their place in line guaranteed.

Finally, Scot's order goes through. Jake's order is started. Meanwhile, a customer comes in complaining he bought a phone at Gamestop (wait, you can do that?!) and it stopped working after 9 weeks, he's trying to get something back for it since it's just after the return policy and he hadn't extended the warranty. The guy working our register happens to be the manager and nobody else knows what to do. Jake's order is slow, but working, but hindered by the interruptions from the phone guy. Minutes pass with the web site just sitting there, not loading but awaiting user input. I suppress the urge to reach over and click "Submit" myself...

At last, it's my turn. My order goes in, it's moving right along, he clicks checkout...

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," the employee exclaims, and the 6-pack of Smash amiibos is removed from my cart. It's 3:45, and after an entire day of hookie to get these stupid things, I'm faced with the harsh reality that I may go home with exactly zero.

The GS employee starts asking me which ones I want in order so he can place them individually in the cart. My head actually hits the counter in defeat. "Ness..." I mutter. "Lucina... Robin... Pac man... Charizard... Wario last." 3rd in line, and here I am prioritizing these stupid things because there weren't enough to go around online. It's taking all my will power not to complain too loudly about the guy with the phone - it's not really his fault, but his interruption is what cost me.

Minutes drag on. The assistant manager is pointing at the screen for the manager to click. It's quiet. I have no idea what's in my cart and what isn't.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, both managers' faces light up. "Oh my god, look! It came back!" Somehow, by some crazy miracle, the 6-pack was back in my cart! They smashed the Checkout button, I fumbled to get my credit card through the scanner and then nearly threw it at the guy for verification. The next few moments were a blur, but only seconds later I was holding my receipt and confirmation with the entire 6-pack.

I shook the guy's hand, tried to say "Thank you so much, see you around" and it probably came out like "Tharggyua smush." I walked slowly outside, too drained even to celebrate. Halfway to my car though, my phone buzzed - my e-mail verification came through, and seeing that, I threw my hands in the air and actually let out an exhausted, barely joyful yell, right there in the parking lot.

My collecting buddy was not so lucky, however... He was right behind the guy who was in my position, when the 6-pack was taken out of his cart. By 4:30 he'd messaged me to say he had only succeeded in securing Ness. At least he got the exclusive.

6 down, 2 to go...

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Had a class and exam at 3, so i couldnt skip, and i had to run home to get more money after finding out i had to pay in full, So i didnt get to my store till like 4:30. Only 2 people in front of me. The cashier asks what I want (:4charizard::4pacman: and Splatoon pack), and says I should be fine. He tries entering the first guy order like 5 times before apparently EVERYTHING sells out somehow. So I'm mad salty. The one time I actually try to preorder right away and I can't.

Guess I get to camp on Toys R Us tonight >.>

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Gonna check GS this weekend to see if they even offer in-store pre-orders in Ireland.

It's great not knowing whether or not this product that is advertised as coming to my country is actually coming to my country.

--------

Amiibos can't be found.

Last edited:

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
There are two Gamestops in my town. I went to the Gamestop in my mall and there were only two other people trying to pre-order. Apparently the stand alone Gamestop was insanely packed. So I'd advise to try more obscure locations, if anyone is still trying to pre-order/next wave.
Got my Ness. Won't be getting another one until Lucas comes out. Hopefully Nintendo has their act together by then. (spoiler: lolno)

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Someone in line mentioned there was a GS in Kansas with over 30 people in line. I can't even imagine the riot that must've ensued after 28 of them went home empty handed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's my amiibo story today...

At 2:10pm, I checked Wave 4 amiibos on Google and found out about the GameStop bundle and the Splatoon 3-pack. I told my boyfriend about the bundles at 2:20pm and he called the store at 2:30pm and found out they were doing in-store pre-orders at 3pm. He was already driving when he made the phone call and made a detour to the nearest GameStop. By 2:40pm, he was already the fourth in line at the store... and at 3pm, after the first person got their pre-orders, the computers temporarily went down (or the website went down, I don't know) for a bit. They went back up and the computers were taking pre-orders very slowly...

By the time he was second in line, I told him that he would need to pay in full. He said he can barely afford them and I dipped into my cash savings and took out $100. I immediately got my brother to drive me to the store. By the time I got to the store, I saw that there were like 10 other people behind him and he was already paying for both bundles. He came out of the store and told me he got them and I paid him back $100. A lady behind him came out of the store and said that they were out of bundles so she was able to get two individual amiibos.

My god, we were so lucky today! We got the last bundles at that store.

:4charizard::4lucina::4ness::4pacman::4robinm::4wario: + Splatoon 3-pack should be arriving at my boyfriend's house around June 8-15.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Pac Man's amiibo is no longer up on Amazon.
I didn't intend to, but I guess I made off like a bandit with this one.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/2/8334935/amiibo-pre-orders-reservations-gamestop-target-toys-r-us

Update: Greninja is exclusive to Toys R Us, a representative for the retailer confirmed to Polygon today. Toys R Us will begin taking pre-orders for Greninja as well as Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man, Lucina and Robin on its website tomorrow. Greninja will sell for $13.99 at Toys R Us, and you can see an image of the figure below.

The rep also noted that Toys R Us is offering a buy one, get one 40 percent off deal on all existing amiibo figures from now through Saturday, April 4.

Update 2: Asked about timing, the Toys R Us representative said pre-orders will go live some time from 7-9 a.m. ET.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well that was fun...they ran out of the 6-pack right before me. My gamestop managed to sell one successfully. There are a few ways to describe this, no e of which are appropriate for this forum.

Ah well. I did manage to get :4charizard::4ness::4pacman:, so not a total loss. Unless of course they cancel my order - one game stop didn't finish my Shulk in-store order properly, and hq cancelled it.

And if all else fails, I'll import from Europe. Probably will anyway since I'm stoked for :4ganondorf:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Ok I tried a second Gamestop store (in a mall per @ FamiGrafx FamiGrafx advice), and the cashier told me that basically, Gamestop has a national stock, and they order from that based on the amount of preorders they have. This means theoretically that if one GS in the area sells out of everything, they all should (my friend told me his cashier told him the same thing. He managed to get Pac and Zard congrats to him).

However, apparently the last Gamestop I was at tried ordering the things when the site was still being glitchy, so it looked like everything was out of stock but it wasn't. They still had Pac-Man and the Splatoon 3-pack in stock, so I managed to buy both of those. Sold out of Charizard though. Didn't even ask about the others characters cause considering how I felt not being able to get them the first time, I'm just not gonna bother with the ones I only sorta want anymore. Just gonna let someone who actually really wants them have them. So no Bowser Jr or Ganondorf for me anymore.

Update 2: Asked about timing, the Toys R Us representative said pre-orders will go live some time from 7-9 a.m. ET.
Oh god. Do I believe them and just set an alarm, or do I just not sleep...

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Great, well at least I don't have to do anything until 9:30 tomorrow and then nothing after 10:30. "shrugs"

Sucks that TRU isn't on NowinStock either.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/2/8334935/amiibo-pre-orders-reservations-gamestop-target-toys-r-us

Update: Greninja is exclusive to Toys R Us, a representative for the retailer confirmed to Polygon today. Toys R Us will begin taking pre-orders for Greninja as well as Charizard, Wario, Pac-Man, Lucina and Robin on its website tomorrow. Greninja will sell for $13.99 at Toys R Us, and you can see an image of the figure below.

The rep also noted that Toys R Us is offering a buy one, get one 40 percent off deal on all existing amiibo figures from now through Saturday, April 4.

I wanted to go to Toys R Us tomorrow and pre-order Greninja amiibo in person but now I am not sure if I will... this is a Catch-22 situation for me...

Do I go to Toys R Us and wait for 2 hours before opening to pre-order only to find out it's online only? Or do I stay home from 7am to 9am to try and pre-order Greninja only to find out they ran out of pre-orders and then I rush to the store and there's already a long line?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Arcadenik Arcadenik It would probably be a good idea to give Toys R Us a call.
I went to Toys R Us after GameStop today and asked an employee... he said to give them a call (grr, I am deaf and I don't like having to make phone calls) and he gave me conflicting answers... that they were not doing pre-orders anymore and that I could try and pre-order in person.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
So I'm just watching the US go mad over Wave 4 pre-orders... while I already secured my pre-order for Robin and Lucina on day one after their announcement. Thanks, Aus retailers!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ooooohohohoho I got Ness and the Splatoon bundle. I decided to test my luck and just go for it. I had to pull from my Splatoon preorder but I can fill that back up later.
The GameStop employee told me that they only sold like two Wave 4 bundles before they sold out. And it took like 48 minutes to get the first guy through. Kinda glad I didn't go at noon. :chuckle::chuckle:

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I went to Toys R Us after GameStop today and asked an employee... he said to give them a call (grr, I am deaf and I don't like having to make phone calls) and he gave me conflicting answers... that they were not doing pre-orders anymore and that I could try and pre-order in person.
If you have a smart phone do both wait in line while hitting refresh on the browser. Be logged in with payment and address book complete. I have such great advice even though today I was a complete failure.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Here's my amiibo story today...

At 2:10pm, I checked Wave 4 amiibos on Google and found out about the GameStop bundle and the Splatoon 3-pack. I told my boyfriend about the bundles at 2:20pm and he called the store at 2:30pm and found out they were doing in-store pre-orders at 3pm. He was already driving when he made the phone call and made a detour to the nearest GameStop. By 2:40pm, he was already the fourth in line at the store... and at 3pm, after the first person got their pre-orders, the computers temporarily went down (or the website went down, I don't know) for a bit. They went back up and the computers were taking pre-orders very slowly...

By the time he was second in line, I told him that he would need to pay in full. He said he can barely afford them and I dipped into my cash savings and took out $100. I immediately got my brother to drive me to the store. By the time I got to the store, I saw that there were like 10 other people behind him and he was already paying for both bundles. He came out of the store and told me he got them and I paid him back $100. A lady behind him came out of the store and said that they were out of bundles so she was able to get two individual amiibos.

My god, we were so lucky today! We got the last bundles at that store.

:4charizard::4lucina::4ness::4pacman::4robinm::4wario: + Splatoon 3-pack should be arriving at my boyfriend's house around June 8-15.
Sounds like we had about the same level of good fortune! Sorry not everyone could get it. This really was a debacle today. I actually feel bad that I got them but my partner in crime did not. He was behind the last guy who got the bundle.

All told though, it sounds like they at least have a hefty stock of Ness. Nearly everyone I've talked to who went to GS at least walked away with him.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Trying to set up my info on TRU. Is there any sort of free shipping option or a way to enter in the credit card info ahead of time?

D

Deleted member

Wait, so the Toys R Us preorders come out anywhere from 7-9 am?? I'm usually asleep at that time.
I'm so tempted to set my alarm around 6-6:30 just so I can test my luck and play a game of chance...

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I managed to get :4ness: and :4pacman:. Robin, Lucina, and Wario were out of stock in like 10 minutes, Charizard went out of stock while I was in line and right after I pre-ordered Ness, he was sold out. This whole thing is a disaster. I'm tempted to quit hunting because scalpers have ruined this whole experience. I feel so bad for one of my friends too. She was about to get Ness and then it said out of stock :( It's really sad to see stuff like that happen. I can't enjoy Amiibos the same way now, seeing all the sad faces on everyone, knowing their favorite character is out of stock or never available.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
pk succes got :4ness: and splatoon bundle never thought i could get ness but yeah thanks gamestop nowvjust need to get/preorder:4jigglypuff::4greninja::4charizard::4pacman::4wario::4robinm::4lucina:But those should hopefuly be easy compared to :4ness: hopefuly wave 4 is gonna be easy to get but hey can't be worse than 4 store exsclusives like wave 3

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If you have a smart phone do both wait in line while hitting refresh on the browser. Be logged in with payment and address book complete. I have such great advice even though today I was a complete failure.
So I need a Toys R Us account? Ugh... guess I better get one.

Oh, and I absolutely hate my phone because the battery always die quickly... and I am not sure how to get my tablet online outside my house.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So I need a Toys R Us account? Ugh... guess I better get one.

Oh, and I absolutely hate my phone because the battery always die quickly... and I am not sure how to get my tablet online outside my house.
It's not necessary, but it helps speed the process along. Less clicking between your shopping cart and a confirmed order.

D

Deleted member

Is it bad if I bought a Robin from Japan on Amazon?
I paid for him for $35 and they called him "Leflet" instead of "Reflet."
I bought him after getting frustrated from waiting for over an hour for Robin, only for the managers at GameStop to tell me he is out of stock.

Top Bottom