• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The stores in my area had plenty of Bowsers, Sheiks, and Toon Links, and the Toys R Us had a lot of Lucarios. (I especially appreciated the sign stating that they were only allowing one Lucario amiibo per customer)

No sign of the other wave three characters (not even Meta Knight or Shulk in the stores that they're exclusive to), but I'm thinking they'll be spread out over the next week or two - the same thing happened with Diddy Kong for wave two (and technically Captain Falcon, though he's still a lot harder to find).

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
The stores in my area had plenty of Bowsers, Sheiks, and Toon Links, and the Toys R Us had a lot of Lucarios. (I especially appreciated the sign stating that they were only allowing one Lucario amiibo per customer)

No sign of the other wave three characters (not even Meta Knight or Shulk in the stores that they're exclusive to), but I'm thinking they'll be spread out over the next week or two - the same thing happened with Diddy Kong for wave two (and technically Captain Falcon, though he's still a lot harder to find).
sheik !!! so lucky !

D

Deleted member

Sooo, Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D I guess. Not sure what it does yet but it can't be more pointless than Captain Toad, right?
Ill kindly wait for the Wii EShop release though.

Update: So Shulk Amiibo will give you tokens that you can also get from Streetpass to unlock music and character models. Not bad.
Man, I wanted it to skip a certain boss at Bionis' Heart.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Sooo, Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D I guess. Not sure what it does yet but it can't be more pointless than Captain Toad, right?
Ill kindly wait for the Wii EShop release though.

Update: So Shulk Amiibo will give you tokens that you can also get from Streetpass to unlock music and character models. Not bad.
Ah, that sounds cool! Definitely gonna remember that when i get a New 3DS...If i ever manage to find Shulk.

I will say though, i will be a bit dissapointed if Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't give you some kind of content for having a Shulk Amiibo though, just saying.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Looking for some help training my Rosalina amiibo. She's not using her down b against projectiles (e.g. Samus, Lucario, Mega Man) and doesn't want to up tilt, uair or dair. Maybe I should start over with her? Really want her to be 1on1 beast. Any advice is appreciated.
Sounds defective. You should go back to the store and get a New one, :troll:

Khao

Smash Lord
Finally managed to get my hands on Pit's amiibo.

It's a small collection when compared to others, but I'm super happy with it.

The only one that's missing that I really want is Mega Man. After that, dunno if I'll be going for anyone else. There's a lot I would like to have, but don't really feel like I need to (yes, because I totally needed the ones I have right now and I wouldn't have been able to live my life properly without buying them).

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Meanwhile in Britain we still have hi and the Wii Fit Trainer going for £12.99
Seriously NOA must really get their act together
I've really started losing hope in Nintendo of America as a whole...
First no normal New 3DS, then the amiibo situation, and the fact that Mario Party 10 is the only way to get the Mario amiibo in the Super Mario series...it's just dissapointing how bad they are at making desiscions.

...but on a more positive note... (EDIT: how do we even add images?)

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Nintendo would be damned stupid if Ike and Shulk aren't restocked for their use in CodeName Steam and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, respectively

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Shulk's in the mail... I was getting worried with everyone reporting cancellations.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nintendo would be damned stupid if Ike and Shulk aren't restocked for their use in CodeName Steam and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, respectively
How does that make it any stupider than making such a low supply of them in the first place?
Theoretically, either could get a different Amiibo, or even, just the cards.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
This is a new type of Amiibo event I came up with. The Amiibo Showdown!!! It's very similar to the Salty Suite. Except with no money or alcohol lol Two Amiibos will go head to head in a usually best of 3 set. Sometimes more. Fighters are usually chosen to face-off as a reference to a game, meme, or Amiibo Cup rivalry. Like Mario vs Bowser or Link vs Ganon. The names for the sets will have outrageous names so heads up for quite odd references or goofy names

The first showdown was quite interesting with 2 Showdowns that happened. Boozer :4bowser: made his 1st appearance ever in any Amiibo event. He was solid against Danky Dong :4dk: took the set 2-0 with no problem. There is no question that when Boozer :4bowser: enters the Amiibo Cup, he's going to be a force to be reckoned with. It was a Mario Bros. War in the other showdown. 'Murica :4mario: barely edged Weegee :4luigi: as he beat him 2-1 in a tight set. It came down to last, hit last stock and 'Murica :4mario: showed his patriotic power and took down the $2 slices of Weegee :4luigi:. More Showdowns will be coming soon to fill the brief absence of the Amiibo Cup while more Amiibo join the rush.

Showdown 1

The Booze takes on a Dong: Best of 3
Donkey Kong: 0 vs Bowser: 2

Hug Me Brotha!!!!: Best of 3
Mario: 2 vs Luigi: 1

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it looks like the only very hard to find ones will be Ike, DeDeDe, and all store exclusives....let's all get in a prayer circle guys.
Lucario is gonna be common enough, I'm pretty sure he wasn't discontinued like Rosalina. Ike could be kinda rare, but I think Sheik looks worse off. I hear a lot more people having trouble finding her compared to Ike.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Welp, it's my birthday tomorrow, but I received some early presents today and yesterday:

:4pikachu::4villager::rosalina: and :4littlemac:! The rare trio there were all from my wonderful wife. Don't deserve her.

Tonight I'm also apparently getting :4diddy: and one of the following: :4samus:/:4fox:

Takes my total amiibo collection to:
:4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4mario::4dk::4zelda::4bowser::4pikachu::4villager::rosalina::4littlemac::4diddy: and :4samus:/:4fox:

Also have Toad on the pre-order, and :4pacman: and:4ness:. Happy with my little collection.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Lucario is gonna be common enough, I'm pretty sure he wasn't discontinued like Rosalina. Ike could be kinda rare, but I think Sheik looks worse off. I hear a lot more people having trouble finding her compared to Ike.
I thought it was rumored, in the US at least, that Sheik is expected to be like Diddy, rare at first but then fairly common. This was based on a Toys R Us layout for Amiibo I believe. That was certainly my experience with Diddy; I saw him at a Target early on but didn't have the money at the time, so I didn't buy him. After that, it took me quite a while to find him again, but now most times I'm out shopping they have 2 or 3 of him in stock.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought it was rumored, in the US at least, that Sheik is expected to be like Diddy, rare at first but then fairly common. This was based on a Toys R Us layout for Amiibo I believe. That was certainly my experience with Diddy; I saw him at a Target early on but didn't have the money at the time, so I didn't buy him. After that, it took me quite a while to find him again, but now most times I'm out shopping they have 2 or 3 of him in stock.
I don't see why that would be the case. Outside of Smash Sheik is a character that appeared in one canon Zelda game and one spin-off. And she hasn't got any substantial use outside of Smash.

Ike makes more sense to be a Diddy case. He at least starred in two games, and has his Codename STEAM functionality, which is pretty substantial.

The whole "Sheik is a Diddy case" just sounds like blind optimism to me. Most people just have trouble finding her full stop, while Ike hasn't been that hard to get a hold of.

energonkid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Energon_kid
Switch FC
SW-5446-8459-8780
Does anyone think I'll be able to get :4tlink::4sheik::4shulk: on the 13th without preorders during the late afternoon? If not I'm waiting for the Toon to get back on Amazon and getting sheik and shulk in NYC. I'm going there this spring. Sigh.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why that would be the case. Outside of Smash Sheik is a character that appeared in one canon Zelda game and one spin-off. And she hasn't got any substantial use outside of Smash.

Ike makes more sense to be a Diddy case. He at least starred in two games, and has his Codename STEAM functionality, which is pretty substantial.

The whole "Sheik is a Diddy case" just sounds like blind optimism to me. Most people just have trouble finding her full stop, while Ike hasn't been that hard to get a hold of.
I don't think it makes sense, but it's definitely appearing to be the case. I went to a Toys R Us this morning to try to take advantage of the 2 for 20 special, and they had tons of Bowser, 2 Sheik, and 0 of everything else from wave 3. I didn't think Diddy would be a common one eventually either when characters like Samus got bumped. Ike sounds like he'll be rare since Target isn't stocking him in store and I believe Toys R Us only is allocating him one rung on their display.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Marth was impossible to find in the states.
Yet Ike is somehow less likely to be rare?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think it makes sense, but it's definitely appearing to be the case. I went to a Toys R Us this morning to try to take advantage of the 2 for 20 special, and they had tons of Bowser, 2 Sheik, and 0 of everything else from wave 3. I didn't think Diddy would be a common one eventually either when characters like Samus got bumped. Ike sounds like he'll be rare since Target isn't stocking him in store and I believe Toys R Us only is allocating him one rung on their display.
Well Ike isn't actually out in the US yet, so that's why you can't find him there:

Going off of Europeans though, and even just Ireland, Ike is definitely better stocked than Sheik. Granted, both aren't too heavily stocked in Ireland and are easy to get since nobody wants them, but Ike is the easier of the two.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone think I'll be able to get :4tlink::4sheik::4shulk: on the 13th without preorders during the late afternoon? If not I'm waiting for the Toon to get back on Amazon and getting sheik and shulk in NYC. I'm going there this spring. Sigh.
You're gonna have to be extremely lucky to get Shulk without a preorder. It seems as though most stores only ordered enough figures to cover the preorders.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're gonna have to be extremely lucky to get Shulk without a preorder. It seems as though most stores only ordered enough figures to cover the preorders.
A cancelled preorder still ships, to Gamestop at least.
Start asking if their were any cancellations, and befriend the store enough that they will hold it for you.

D

Deleted member

A cancelled preorder still ships, to Gamestop at least.
Start asking if their were any cancellations, and befriend the store enough that they will hold it for you.
True. Yet another reason why I'm thankful my order hasn't been canceled.

Yet...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Went and pre-ordered Charizard on Amazon.uk just in case. They also have Wario up for pre-order as well.

Will cancel the order if I can find something more reliable (LMAO), but for now hopefully I'm safe on at least one Wave 4.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I will repeat: Gamestop confirmed my Shulk is in the mail. That means he's coming out WAY sooner than the 13th. I would start calling around now.

Tink and Sheik are already out everywhere. You're better off checking Walmart as their release for wave 3a is late, but my estimate was they'd release yesterday on the 6th, so... yeah, call them too.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Turns out my local FYE stores (didn't even realize I had local FYE stores lol) had some Sonic/Mega Man but they sold out in minutes yesterday with only about 4 each in stock. It's good to know I guess that they're up and about.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Anyone have a history with preordering with FYE? Have they ever really cancelled anything? I have all of Wave 4 preordered plus the SM Series Toad and Bowser.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
This is false advertisement.
I do not see a single wall let alone two.
Apparently Wall = Wand. XD

Apparently Gamestop still can't let you pre-order Wave 4 amiibos yet, meh. Still contemplating whether to get Ness or Charizard (not gonna get both, since money).

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just got my :rosalina:amiibo in the mail this morning. She's okay!
That just bring my collection to: :4link:and now :rosalina:(RosaLink is in the house).
Now I just need to get :4megaman:,:4myfriends:and :4shulk:and from the wave 4 line :4lucina:and maybe :4robinm:and my amiibo collection will be fully complete.

Top Bottom