• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

So how difficult is it to get a Rosalina Amiibo haha? I want to try and get my three Smash mains, and so far I was successful at getting an MK one about a week ago which is supposedly non-existent. My brother works at Target so I'll see if he can do anything for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So how difficult is it to get a Rosalina Amiibo haha? I want to try and get my three Smash mains, and so far I was successful at getting an MK one about a week ago which is supposedly non-existent. My brother works at Target so I'll see if he can do anything for me.
She's a unicorn, so very difficult to get. If you can't find one locally, then import one as soon as you can, as even import sources are becoming scarce.

--------------

I just ordered Lucario from GameStop.ie. Free express shipping too, since I'm living in Ireland, so he should be here on Monday (deliveries don't come on weekends). Hopefully Rosalina arrives then too.

Also, I decided I am going to start bringing packed lunches to college from now on. The money I spend on lunch in a week is enough to buy me 2-3 Amiibos, so I may as well start saving money like that. Feels good to finally be back into buying these things. In the past two weeks I have received three, and should be getting Lucario and Rosalina this week.

Of the currently available figures, all I have left are:

Wave 1: :4mario::4dk::4kirby::4pikachu: (my brother actually has the latter two, Kirby being a gift from me, but I want my own copies)
Wave 2: :4littlemac:
Wave 3: :4bowser::4tlink:

I might be able to get Little Mac off someone soon too, so hopefully I can do that.

PF9

Smash Lord
so, if I ever decide to import a Lucario amiibo, I'll name it Cadbury

any guesses as to why such a name would be appropriate?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

OOOOOOOH MAMA
Y'know, it occurs to me we've seen enough convincing custom re-packages that it's becoming less likely exactly one of these things slip through the cracks every wave, and more likely this is somebody creating a hoax.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Y'know, it occurs to me we've seen enough convincing custom re-packages that it's becoming less likely exactly one of these things slip through the cracks every wave, and more likely this is somebody creating a hoax.
I don't really care myself either way, dual-wielding Rosalina is just beastly to me. :V

D

Deleted member

I'd pay someone to fake a defect of Shulk wielding Ragnell. "I'm really stealing it!"

Khao

Smash Lord
I don't really care myself either way, dual-wielding Rosalina is just beastly to me. :V
For that price, you might as well just get another one and do it yourself. =P

Heck, get four Rosalinas and make a Rosalina with four arms and wands controlling an entire Luma gang.

I can already imagine it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys I was just posting a cool defect/custom please ignore the price (unless you plan on buying it then knock yourself out).

---------

Also I found this pretty funny:

I want my Samus and Rosalina Amiibos to do that too. :c

D

Deleted member

For that price, you might as well just get another one and do it yourself. =P

Heck, get four Rosalinas and make a Rosalina with four arms and wands controlling an entire Luma gang.

I can already imagine it.
We need this.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Here's how my day went with amiibos.

"I'm tired of :4mario:Fire Mario, :4mario:Bidizzle, and :4luigi:Lugy getting tied on the amount of wins. Let's just put Lugy on steroids".

Lugy now has
+102 attack
+14 defense
+4 speed
+Exploding perfect sheild
+Heal sheilding
+Life steal
+Bouncing Fire ball

Before was (not as accurate because I don't remember)
+24 attack
+7 defense
+5 speed
+Heal sheilding
+Life steal

Bidizzle always has
+73
+21
+26
- Weakened jump

Fire Mario has no stat boost and is normal. Only thing going for him is that he is customed painted but that's it.

Surprisingly, at the time Lugy had
+72 attack
+12 defense
+9 speed
+Heal sheilding
+Life steal

And did a 1v1 against Fire Mario 8 stock... Fire Mario won with 2 stocks left...

Now Lugy is a beast. I also had to step it up for him so he now does 1v2 3 stocks against custom level 9 cpus since obviously cpus are tougher with customs on. Of course you can guess that Lugy owns at it. I'm surprised that Bidizzle can still keep up and win 50% of the time against him. So I guess that didn't entirely solve them being tied all the time...Same goes with Fire Mario (again, he has no equipment on at all). I made Lugy much more powerful and the other 2 seems to keep up it's insane.

I also have trouble fighting Lugy myself. I can still win with no customs but I need to play almost perfectly on what move I make. I need to do a combo to do some damage while Lugy's fireball alone does some damage (at least 12% from a fireball). Not only that but if he perfect shields, you just instantly took 30% damage because his shield can explode. Not to mention he heals by normally shielding and attacking me. By the time I do 30% to him he can do one combo to fully heal himself and making go from 0-50%.

Basically he is a train wreck that not even 2 level 9 cpus with customs can beat which is something Bidizzle and Fire Mario isn't trained for yet. I can definitely see a 1v3 potential from Lugy.

I also had to reset Curbie:4kirby:. He couldn't beat a level 9 kirby which is how he was trained since level 4-50 (free for all with 3 other amiibos that started out level 1 as well). So it was ashame to see him lose since he started to defeat a level 9 kirby since he was level 26. He is fine now. He's not as great as the others but that is what he usually was anyway since he was one of my experiments along with 3 other amiibos who were all trained differently (although:4pikachu::4yoshi: are great amiibos and :4dk: was worse).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Small update:
It's my birthday and I've ended up more than doubling my Amiibo collection.

:4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4mario::4dk::4zelda::4bowser: Were what I had a few days ago.
:4pikachu::4villager::rosalina::4littlemac::4diddy::4samus::4fox:
:4falcon: and :4kirby: are in the post too from others. Being given birthday money to nab :4tlink: too.

Far outstripped my amiibo hopes this birthday.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Small update:
It's my birthday and I've ended up more than doubling my Amiibo collection.

:4yoshi::4luigi::4peach::4mario::4dk::4zelda::4bowser: Were what I had a few days ago.
:4pikachu::4villager::rosalina::4littlemac::4diddy::4samus::4fox:
:4falcon: and :4kirby: are in the post too from others. Being given birthday money to nab :4tlink: too.

Far outstripped my amiibo hopes this birthday.
I hope my birthday treats me just as generously, haha. This is making me excited for it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
My Shulk's being shipped to my apartment :D

I still need Lucario. @ ChikoLad ChikoLad If you're willing to ship a Lucario to the USA, PM me. Pretty sure Virginia got, like, zero Lucario. Can't afford primo scalper prices anymore. If I can get Lucario, I'll have 1 of every Smash Amiibo, until US wave 4... Still losing sleep over wave 4...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm looking at Wave 4 and realizing I want all of them (except Wario). I'm gonna go cry in a corner.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm looking at Wave 4 and realizing I want all of them (except Wario). I'm gonna go cry in a corner.
Bro, I know that feel. I got some of the wave 3 figures purely out of obligation, but I legitimately want all 6 of wave 4!

I really, really, REALLY hope wave 5 and beyond stay small. Keep the waves at 6 figures each. It will take longer to release them all, but they will hopefully be a bit easier to acquire!

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Bro, I know that feel. I got some of the wave 3 figures purely out of obligation, but I legitimately want all 6 of wave 4!

I really, really, REALLY hope wave 5 and beyond stay small. Keep the waves at 6 figures each. It will take longer to release them all, but they will hopefully be a bit easier to acquire!
Wave 3 I'm already screwed due to being unprepared. I at least have Rosalina secured out of sheer whim and Shulk is locked down. Everyone else I want except for :4lucario: and :4sheik: due to disinterest. It's gonna be a pain to get the rest of Wave 3.
I still need :4wiifit:and :4fox: from Wave 1 and :4falcon:from 2. And I'll eventually obtain the commons little by little once the rare ones are acquired just for collection's sake (except for :4diddy: and :4dk:)
Mind games I tell you! They make me want the ones I can't have!
At the very least I'm glad I despise :4villager: because he's by far the most expensive.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
[quote="Flaxr XIII, post: 18539934, member: 221382"]Wave 3 I'm already screwed due to being unprepared. I at least have Rosalina secured out of sheer whim and Shulk is locked down. Everyone else I want except for :4lucario: and :4sheik: due to disinterest. It's gonna be a pain to get the rest of Wave 3.
I still need :4wiifit:and :4fox: from Wave 1 and :4falcon:from 2. And I'll eventually obtain the commons little by little once the rare ones are acquired just for collection's sake (except for :4diddy: and :4dk:)
Mind games I tell you! They make me want the ones I can't have!
At the very least I'm glad I despise :4villager: because he's by far the most expensive.[/quote]
I hear Bowser's pretty common though, so at least there's that. I'm still loving my Bowser amiibo, and hoping for a Shulk re-stock after initial release (thoguh doubtful, he probably will end up like Rosalina. : ( )

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I hear Bowser's pretty common though, so at least there's that. I'm still loving my Bowser amiibo, and hoping for a Shulk re-stock after initial release (thoguh doubtful, he probably will end up like Rosalina. : ( )
Yeah I saw like a million Bowsers today. I'm tight on money till Friday so I didn't bother buying anyone that wasn't :4myfriends:,:4megaman:, or :4sonic: from Wave 3. Though it's pretty silly of me to expect anyone that wasn't :4bowser: to just magically be there.

Also I can confirm FYE is no longer taking Wave 4 preorders. Prrrrrrobably should've jumped on that right away, though the closest FYE to me is still pretty far away.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Today clearly demonstrated that, if I want an amiibo, I should get it as soon as possible. Just two days ago, the Toys R Us in my area had at least a dozen Lucarios, Sheiks, and Toon Links. I decided to stop in today, thinking that Toon Link would be nice to have, and now they're down to one Lucario and no Sheiks or Toon Links.

It's not a big deal, and Toon Link will likely be in EB Games in the next week or two, but it definitely made that clear to me. Every store had at least two dozen Bowsers, though, so clearly non-exclusive Mario characters are the exception.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
So lately, my mum has been pestering me about Diddy Kong. Me, being oblivious, didn't think anything of it.

Today, I found out she'd ordered me one. That brings me to having all of Wave 2 besides Little Mac, the lovely woman.

On the 20th, I'll be heading to Smyths to hopefully pick up Shulk and Toon Link.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Pretty much, a lot of Rosalina went through Target stores on release day, such that most people who wanted one on 2/1 got one. However, that's it. Supposedly, no more retail Rosalina in America. That means if you didn't get one, you're stuck importing, trading, or buying off a reseller.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So made a picture with my Amiibos for a competition. What do you guys think?

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
So of course, as my luck would have it, the Sonic preorder that I bought for my sister's birthday got cancelled by GameStop:facepalm:

Good thing I still have my Shulk amiibo shipped...the only question about that is why the tracking number won't work for it...

What's better than that, though, is that I snagged Luigi and Kirby from TRU using that sweet 2 for $20 deal and now possess all of the original 12 released so far, with only Ness and Jigglypuff left for me to wait on...
which should be a fun time.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
My Toy's ' us moved the amiibo section to a smaller one. The only amiibos in it is the whole Mario gang, Link, Zelda, and Pikachu. Kinda sad really.

Only one that is not those figures in it is one :4samus: which I took the liberty to buy. It's a little bended for some reason. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So this morning I went to TRU and I noticed many boxes being opened and toys being restocked, I had assumed that they just had a truck delivery recently... and they still didn't have any new amiibos. They said that amiibos come separately in Fed Ex trucks, not generic delivery trucks. It was a hope spot but no Lucario or Sheik for me yet.

I'll have to try again tomorrow morning.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lucario should arrive tomorrow morning.

Will also pray to the real goddess Rosalina that Amiibo Rosalina might finally arrive too.

Pikachu24Fan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pikachu24Fan
3DS FC
4725-8122-1698
Hoping to try to get the megaman amiibo, heard it's supposed to be at gamestop around the 20th though not 100% sure

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
My Toon Link and Sheik should be coming sometime tomorrow or Tuesday :D
I just have to pray that my Sonic pre-order doesn't get cancelled. He's on back order right now. Also what Amiibo come out on the 13th this week? All I need from wave 3 are Lucario, Meta Knight, and Dedede. (Possibly Sonic depending if he gets delivered or not)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm sitting here and it's dawning on me that, between my paranoia ordering back-ups in case of cancellations and my g/f who's also buying them, together we wound up with 2 Lucarios, 3 Sheiks, 3 Tinks, 3 Bowsers, and 4 Rosalinas (one of whom has already been given away as a gift).

God help us, we've gone mad.

Top Bottom