• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
I just can't see the Mario Party amiibos being as bad as the SSB ones. Probably just wishful thinking.

I hope :4dedede: :4megaman::4metaknight: arn't gonna be rare in usa and we get a :4lucario: restock what do you guys think
My guess is rare, rare and rare and no. For what it's worth during the whole TRU cancel debacle Ike and King DeDeDe were set aside for ONLY those who had them on their original order that was cancelled. They clearly isolated those 2 in my opinion because they forecast a shortage on Ike and DeDeDe. All signs point to this being the case.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got an email that my Ike/Sonic order from Gamestop on backorder. >_>

Well they come out next week/two weeks so I guess it's better to get this news sooner rather than later.

AquaInferno

Smash Apprentice
Just got an email that my Ike/Sonic order from Gamestop on backorder. >_>

Well they come out next week/two weeks so I guess it's better to get this news sooner rather than later.
B&H is steadily reminding me they don't have Ike yet. TRU is pushing my order out as they get them though. I should have a few more minions within the next 4 days I'm hoping tomorrow. I'm litterally going to work at 5:30 AM tomorrow so I can come home early and stare down the mail truck and dare them to not ring my doorbell and leave that stupid orange slip like they did last time. If the box is too big for the mail hut they just lazy out. Well I'm not a lazy when it comes to these amiibos so mail lady it's on!

Last edited:

Nomein

Smash Rookie
I'm not super knowledgeable about FYE (there are only two in my city), but when I went there the other day they had some amiibo in stock, and were still accepting preorders for wave 3. Supposedly some FYE stores are allowing wave 4 preorders, but when I went they didn't have any info on it.

They don't seem that bad for preorders, but as far as actual stock is concerned they only have a few commons.

Hey guys, that amiami place has ROSALINA and Meta Knight in stock for 1296 yen, the equivalent of $11.03 in the us. Is it reliable enough?

Ooh and Lucario too
Aww drat I missed them. I've been watching carefully for MK and I can never get him. Any idea on a regular time that he's in stock?

And from what I hear they're pretty reliable and a good place to import from.

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Wave 2 is ****ing finally starting to come up in my country oh my god.

Still got no sign of Pit (the only one I got preordered) but the store I use was updated with Zelda, Luigi and Diddy Kong.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
I'm starting to get a little worried about my Meta Knight. He hasn't been scanned since the 29th... he's shipping from Hong Kong... however he still has one more week to arrive, so I guess I'll just keep holding out.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I just got a notification that my Sonic Amiibo just got put on back order. I'm quite upset now.

I also got a response from Nintendo on my note.

Response By Email (02/05/2015 08:49 AM)
Hello Nathan,

Thank you for contacting us. I can certainly understand your concerns about the availability of amiibo. I see that you have previously contacted us in regard to the availability of amiibo and the Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter. We enjoy hearing what is important to our fans as it helps us create the best experience in the years to come. As such, rest assured, I have forwarded your comments and concerns to the appropriate departments here at Nintendo to review and thoughtfully consider.

As my colleague previously stated, certain sold-out amiibo may return to these markets at a later stage. We are continually aiming and working diligently to always have a regular supply of amiibo in the marketplace and there are many waves of amiibo to come.

I know this isn't what you were hoping to hear; however, if you have any further questions about release dates, pre-orders, or availability of amiibo, please contact your local retailers as they will have the most accurate information.

Thanks again for writing us.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Ben Daily

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My Pikachu and Kirby order came today!

Sort of.

For some reason, GameStop either forgot, or shipped Pikachu separately. Although I did also get the Villager I imported for my brother today, and I have no complaints there.

EDIT: Just checked my email, and they shipped the two separately. Why would you do that?

Last edited by a moderator:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Double checked in store on my wave 3. C'mon gamestop..... hold up.

I think they are working backward on cancelling preorders. Can everyone who has said their Gamestop order was cancelled post when they reserved it, and what method used to pay? Maybe even region. Perhaps we can find a theme.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik

I think they are working backward on cancelling preorders. Can everyone who has said their Gamestop order was cancelled post when they reserved it, and what method used to pay? Maybe even region. Perhaps we can find a theme.
Mine isn't cancelled but it's on back order right now. I pre ordered Sonic online on Christmas Day.

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
I pre-ordered in-store for Ike at Gamestop, paid in cash, preordered like around the 12 of January in North America. No emails about cancels.

I wonder if it is an online thing? I mean, they don't charge until they ship online, but in real life they already took my money. So maybe they are more likely to delay/backorder online ones?

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Well amazon has told me Toon Link and Sheik have been delayed for who knows how long. I called gamestop and they assured me my preorders for Ike, Sonic, Megaman, and Dedede are secure. I preordered from them on 05 Jan.

Last edited:

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
Well amazon has told me Toon Link and Sheik have been delayed for who knows how long. I called gamestop and they assured me my preorders are secure. I preordered from them on 05 Jan.
I pre-ordered my Toon Link from Walmart and I have been informed it has shipped.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

When I was in line for Rosalina, I spoke to a woman who used to work for a fraud protection agency. She told me all retailers are the same with preorders; They will always honor the 'most available funds' first. This means the pecking order for choosing cancellations is always the same: Paypal is first to go, then debit cards, credit cards, and finally gift cards - of course, they will avoid cancelling gift cards at all costs because those are very difficult to replace.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm still ok on my Gamestop pre-order as far as I can tell; the status is showing closed despite it not being available for pick up, but I didn't get a canceled email or text. I reserved online for Shulk December 12 and December 18 for Ike, Mega Man, and Sheik.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
When I was in line for Rosalina, I spoke to a woman who used to work for a fraud protection agency. She told me all retailers are the same with preorders; They will always honor the 'most available funds' first. This means the pecking order for choosing cancellations is always the same: Paypal is first to go, then debit cards, credit cards, and finally gift cards - of course, they will avoid cancelling gift cards at all costs because those are very difficult to replace.
How does cash money fit into this equation?
The fact that it isn't listed as first tells me that this doesn't follow protocol for in-store preorders.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Man, now im regretting now pre-ordering Shulk. : \ Oh well, maybe i'll be able to find him after he's released...probably online though.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I paid for mine in store late December or early January using my debit card. I successfully picked up Bowser on February 1st. Then a few days ago... I got a text and email that stated the rest have been cancelled.
I'm still ok on my Gamestop pre-order as far as I can tell; the status is showing closed despite it not being available for pick up, but I didn't get a canceled email or text. I reserved online for Shulk December 12 and December 18 for Ike, Mega Man, and Sheik.
You might want to check that. That's what mine said at first, then a few days later...

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
So it looks like the only very hard to find ones will be Ike, DeDeDe, and all store exclusives....let's all get in a prayer circle guys.

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
I wish I would have gotten Ike on the 1st like originally promised. I'm hanging with some friends this weekend and doing amiibo teams, and now I can't fight for my friends.

At least my Marth is pretty fierce. Any ideas why? He's my newest amiibo. I trained him to about thirty on my own, and then I stuck him in an 6 player match with my other amiibos for 60 lives. Now he is scary good.

I get they "learn" but why aren't my old ones learning to beat him? He mops the floor with my Zelda, Link, Yoshi, and Wii fit. And they aren't learning to beat him.

(I don't feed items, they're all at zero, I just fight them).

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I wish I would have gotten Ike on the 1st like originally promised. I'm hanging with some friends this weekend and doing amiibo teams, and now I can't fight for my friends.

At least my Marth is pretty fierce. Any ideas why? He's my newest amiibo. I trained him to about thirty on my own, and then I stuck him in an 6 player match with my other amiibos for 60 lives. Now he is scary good.

I get they "learn" but why aren't my old ones learning to beat him? He mops the floor with my Zelda, Link, Yoshi, and Wii fit. And they aren't learning to beat him.

(I don't feed items, they're all at zero, I just fight them).
How often do you have Marth fight your other amiibos? It takes them a while to adapt to your strategy, or your amiibos/anyone they fight.

Also, it might just be due to the match up ratios between the characters. I mean, say you make Level 50 ZSS(even though she's not out yet) and Level 50 Bowser Amiibos fight each other, even if the circumstances are different with the buffed strengths and strategies the amiibos have, ZSS is still likely to mop the floor with Bowser if she's been trained to shield and play a good enough defensive game to not take incredibly damage from Bowser all at once and combo him to death. Yes, it's not as simple as a normal match up, but you gotta take that into consideration. If you pit a Zelda amiibo against a Sheik Amiibo, who do you expect to win? :\

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
How often do you have Marth fight your other amiibos? It takes them a while to adapt to your strategy, or your amiibos/anyone they fight.

Also, it might just be due to the match up ratios between the characters. I mean, say you make Level 50 ZSS(even though she's not out yet) and Level 50 Bowser Amiibos fight each other, even if the circumstances are different with the buffed strengths and strategies the amiibos have, ZSS is still likely to mop the floor with Bowser if she's been trained to shield and play a good enough defensive game to not take incredibly damage from Bowser all at once and combo him to death. Yes, it's not as simple as a normal match up, but you gotta take that into consideration. If you pit a Zelda amiibo against a Sheik Amiibo, who do you expect to win? :\
Usually Sheik but my Zelda kept beating my friend's Sheik. She just won't realize Marth has a counter, or she'd be my best amiibo. I figure my Yoshi would be the best because he is a higher tier than all of them, but my Zelda, who I consider a lower tier character, drop kicks and teleports like a pro.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Usually Sheik but my Zelda kept beating my friend's Sheik. She just won't realize Marth has a counter, or she'd be my best amiibo. I figure my Yoshi would be the best because he is a higher tier than all of them, but my Zelda, who I consider a lower tier character, drop kicks and teleports like a pro.
Fair enough then. Maybe try reseting Zelda and teaching her how to deal with people with Counters early on? I hear they learn those kinds of things better at levels 1-10 and how not to make mistakes like recovering badly or being over aggressive and get punished for it at the very beginning.

Frenzy

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough then. Maybe try reseting Zelda and teaching her how to deal with people with Counters early on? I hear they learn those kinds of things better at levels 1-10 and how not to make mistakes like recovering badly or being over aggressive and get punished for it at the very beginning.
Yeah, but I'm nervous she'll stop being so awesome in other ways. I might just save her for fights without countering characters.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
My Toon Link and Sheik shipped O:

Supposed to arrive on Wednesday next week, hype :3

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
How does cash money fit into this equation?
The fact that it isn't listed as first tells me that this doesn't follow protocol for in-store preorders.
Correct. We were talking specifically about online preorders. It should go without saying that an in-store preorder paid in full in cash is practically a guarantee, considering they can't give you your money back unless you come in with your receipt.

Tell me about it. Yoshi's my main, but no matter what I do, he ends up spamming eggs all day. It doesn't resemble me in the least, nor is it effective at all - it's the only amiibo I have that I can consistently 3-stock at level 50 (which is funny, because between levels 18-24 it was practically a spitting image of my playstyle and was actually pretty difficult to beat).

So far, the best amiibo I've seen is my girlfriend's Peach - which is hilarious because neither of us really knew how to train them at the time, and just by winging it the results were terrifying. I finally got a Kirby that can rival it after 4 tries, but it's still not as good.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
(Sorry! Double post, can't delete it myself. Move along?)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Put myself under notification for when Ike becomes available on Amazon.

Got the email today. Opened it up. He's now available from 3rd party sellers for $30. :facepalm:

Untitled1234.png

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
$29.99... it's a shame Amazon is burning your e-mail alert on a scalper.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Is anyone else in South Florida searching for these things? Lauderdale to Miami, maybe Boca?
It would aid me to have a nearby Smashboards collector.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Every wave is more obnoxious than the previous, Jesus...

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sooo, Amiibo support for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D I guess. Not sure what it does yet but it can't be more pointless than Captain Toad, right?
Ill kindly wait for the Wii EShop release though.

Update: So Shulk Amiibo will give you tokens that you can also get from Streetpass to unlock music and character models. Not bad.

Last edited:

Maester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Maester
3DS FC
4468-0971-1384
Looking for some help training my Rosalina amiibo. She's not using her down b against projectiles (e.g. Samus, Lucario, Mega Man) and doesn't want to up tilt, uair or dair. Maybe I should start over with her? Really want her to be 1on1 beast. Any advice is appreciated.

Top Bottom