• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Nope. There hasn't been a single pre-order opportunity in North America (and given that this is the wave that includes characters like Ness, the new amiibos seem like they're going to be hard enough to find as is). I remember reading that Nintendo was waiting to see how the port strike and its after-effects would effect the amount that they could ship before they announced release dates and pre-orders, but I can't remember what website I saw that on.
That's so stupid IMO.
I mean come on you would think Pacman would go live considering who helped make the game

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
who are you guys trying to get in wave 4 them all or just a few I'm trying for them all but want :4ness::4charizard::4pacman::4robinm: the most
I unfortunately want all except Wario. I've had good luck with Wave 3 so far except for Dedede and Metaknight so this should be no problem (I say naively)

izumisempai

Smash Rookie
I might pick up Robin and Charizard because I hope to use them for future Fire Emblem and Pokemon games for the Wii U. I'm a little disappointed with how the Fire Emblem Amiibo look but for $13 I guess I shouldn't expect the Lucina Amiibo to look like a Lucina Figma. Ness looks like one of the better looking figures.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm hoping to get Ness, Lucina, and maybe Pac-Man and Charizard. (I'm waiting for the Mario Bros. version for Wario) Don't know if I'll be able to get any of them outside of Pac-Man, though.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
For Wave 4, I only plan to make a full effort to get Robin, partial effort to get Lucina. That's it tbh.

D

Deleted member

I only want Lucina and Robin for wave 4 and I really wish pre-orders for the US are out in fear that they'll be unicorn status. D:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
For Wave 4 I'm only looking for Charizard and Pac-Man. Maybe Ness or Lucina if I feel like it at the time but probably wont lose sleep over them.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Preordered Robin and Lucina. Praying they arrive safely.

May try get a second pair for my partner, she'd really like them too.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
For Wave 4, I really want Robin and would like to pick up Ness and Lucina as well. If they're not too hard to get, I'll probably snag Pac-Man and Charizard eventually. I barely play Wario, so I'm not sure if I'll try to get him.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
My :4sheik: Amiibo has learned to tech off the wall on a consistent basis like a pro. The discoveries with these things keep coming and she continues to use difference combo setups like; Forward Tilt lock into Forward Air or Up Air, Downthrow Up Air, Downthrow Forward Air, Downthrow Bouncing Fish, Bouncing Fish Edgeguards, Jump Needles, and more!!!

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Gold and Silver Mario are the exceptions here; there are "limited edition" amiibo for collectors.
Honestly, most amiibos are limited edition. Any figures that don't belong to uber popular franchises (and even then you've got wild cards in that respect, just look at Rosalina) are pretty much limited by default. Some like Shulk and Marth get reprints, but otherwise you either get them when they come out, pay triple or more the original price if you miss out on the initial shipment, or not at all.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
One reason I don't care about Gold Mario is because that means I'd have to consistently go to Walmart and find **** like this:

I get that Walmart takes returns but this still pisses me off.
Also they pretty much ONLY sell Luigi's and Pikachus there.

On a better note, training Megaman was a blast. Megamins is a Short-Hop Slash Clawing, Fox-Trotting, Pivoting beast and it's really fun watching him fight. He had trouble fighting Luigi when I was training him and my Amiibo Loogi completely destroyed him even at Level 50. I'm going to play some more Luigi matches with him so he can improve.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
One reason I don't care about Gold Mario is because that means I'd have to consistently go to Walmart and find **** like this:

On a better note, training Megaman was a blast. Megamins is a Short-Hop Slash Clawing, Fox-Trotting, Pivoting beast and it's really fun watching him fight. He had trouble fighting Luigi when I was training him and my Amiibo Loogi completely destroyed him even at Level 50. I'm going to play some more Luigi matches with him so he can improve.
That is literally the easiest thing to steal.
You could also use it in the store if you had the New 3ds.
I mean what. :luigi:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Picked up a :4dk: and :4zelda: through the Target sale. Bummed there was no Links or Smash Yoshis. May go back later for Diddy just for the heck of it.

Zelda surprisingly doesn't look that great up close, her hair lacks texture and it really stands out.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
The 4th wave is the first wave where I really want them all.

1. :4ness:
  2. :4charizard:
  3. :4wario:
  4. :4pacman:/:4robinm:
  5. :4lucina:

They all look really good (although we all know how much they love to botch the FEs) and I really loved all the series they come from. If I can, definitely getting all of them.

Zelda surprisingly doesn't look that great up close, her hair lacks texture and it really stands out.
I thought that too at first, but her face is so well-done and not destroyed like a certain blue-haired swordsman it makes it acceptable. Also, her general body and clothes are great as well.

Her hair is honestly the only not-so-good thing about her.

Last edited:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Why would you buy him just because he's rare? Leave that preorder for someone who cares about the character.
I do like Ness as a character as well considering I love Earthbound. I'm just saying that he's my main focus of getting for the next Wave.

Also: http://www.target.com/s/amiibo

Target is having a 25% off sale on Amiibos. It be a perfect time to get some of the commons.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I do like Ness as a character as well considering I love Earthbound. I'm just saying that he's my main focus of getting for the next Wave.

Also: http://www.target.com/s/amiibo

Target is having a 25% off sale on Amiibos. It be a perfect time to get some of the commons.
Toys R Us will also price match Target and tends to have a better selection. I picked up a Toad that way today.

JapanGuy

Smash Cadet
Are the Mario Party 10 amiibo set just as annoying to get as the Smash Brothers set?

EDIT: While on the Amiibo subject I must say I'm not big into collecting them, but I do want certain characters. I have :4mario: & :4sonic:. I would also like to get :4falcon:, :4bowser:, :4metaknight:, :4megaman: & :4pacman:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Are the Mario Party 10 amiibo set just as annoying to get as the Smash Brothers set?
Not really - from what I've seen, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Yoshi are incredibly common. Mario's not on shelves at the moment, but it seems like he'll be in a similar situation. The only one who's difficult to find is Toad, and even he's not as bad as Shulk, Little Mac, etc. (I've seen four Toads on shelves, which is more than I can say for half of waves two and three)

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

you would think they would discount this atrocity of an amiibo

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
you would think they would discount this atrocity of an amiibo
Luigi deserves better than this.

And for what reason would you need to return one? It'd be interesting if someone modded it to have a virus or something in the NFC chip and it'll crash your game when you can it or something.
Yeesh.... Calm down, satan.

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
Nope. There hasn't been a single pre-order opportunity in North America (and given that this is the wave that includes characters like Ness, the new amiibos seem like they're going to be hard enough to find as is). I remember reading that Nintendo was waiting to see how the port strike and its after-effects would effect the amount that they could ship before they announced release dates and pre-orders, but I can't remember what website I saw that on.
Actually that is untrue, the first part. FYE offered Wave 4 preorders for a time way back in January. Only found out thanks to a friend who is an avid collector. I still have yet to see any other NA/US store even list Wave 4.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
Actually that is untrue, the first part. FYE offered Wave 4 preorders for a time way back in January. Only found out thanks to a friend who is an avid collector. I still have yet to see any other NA/US store even list Wave 4.
FYE preorders are cancelled.

EDIT: Toys R Us has wave 4 in their system.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

EDIT: While on the Amiibo subject I must say I'm not big into collecting them, but I do want certain characters. I have :4mario: & :4sonic:. I would also like to get :4falcon:, :4bowser:, :4metaknight:, :4megaman: & :4pacman:
Last I checked, all of them but Mario are plentiful at my local Toys R Us. Mario only comes with Mario Party 10... and my boyfriend had to ask them to check if there is a Mario Party 10 bundle with Mario amiibo in the back because they weren't anywhere on the sales floor.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm just gunning for one of each, but I'll need a second Pac-Man for my girlfriend. He's one of her mains.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll probably get about 3 Super Mario Rosalinas myself, if she is as abundant as the other Super Mario Amiibos are right now and appears in stores in Ireland.

One to open and use as normal.

One to make a custom out of (I'd love to do the Smash version but honestly the chances of me getting another one are very slim). I'll also keep the box for this custom in good condition so it can be stored away safely. And I'd probably train it in Smash too, except I won't give it equipment like I normally do. Would make for a nice, raw training partner.

One to keep in the box, but I'll do the tinfoil removal thing. Then I'm gonna train it up for a while, still keeping it in the box. And then I'll send it over to my friend in New York. He bought a Smash Rosalina specifically so he could practice against it when I'm not around (since I main Rosalina and he knows nobody else who does), but I think it'd be even better if he had a Rosalina Amiibo that was trained by me. He probably wouldn't get a Super Mario Rosalina himself either, so he gets a free figure out of it too. He can then take it out of the box too (the purpose of me not taking it out of the box is to make shipping it over safer).

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/03/30/rumour-nintendo-direct-on-april-1st/
Signs are pointing towards a new Direct this week. Can't say if it'll actually happen or not but it's safe to speculate. Keep in mind this leak is from the UK's supposed Direct.
Amiibo related rumors are as followed.
amiibo Gallery will be presented. With this app, gamers can use their amiibo already used on the console, to look at them in a gallery. There you can take pictures of them and show them in Miiverse. There is also a mode called Origins. When you scan the amiibo via the NFC reader, you’ll be able to play a segment of the first game the amiibo appeared in. (My note: If you scan Link, you should be able to play a part of the first Legend of Zelda is my understanding of this.) This app will be available for free in May 2015 for Wii U and 3DS.
~~~
Splatoon will have support for amiibo: Special Splatoon amiibos where you can save your Inkling and take to your friend. With selected other amiibo you can unlock special gear. Game releases May 29th 2015 in Europe.

Next Super Smash Bros. amiibo wave will be available June 12th 2015. Newcomers are: Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Palutena, Zer Suit Samus, Falco and Duck Hunt Duo.

The Ganondorf amiibo will be compatible with Hyrule Warriors and unlocks a new weapon for him. Which one that is will will remain a secret until later. A software update, which will unlock this function, will be released on June 12th.
Amiibo gallery seems interesting but it's pretty much the Smash trophy picture taking thing (can't remember the name at the moment). Origins seems pretty cool but I guess Sonic gets left out since Sega isn't supporting VC this time.

Either Splatoon is totally getting Amiibo or everyone's bandwagoning the rumors to destroy me if it turns out false. I need Splatoon!
Quick note: Not sure why you'd need to "take Splatoon to your friend" if there's no local multiplayer...

Smash Wave 5 continues the trend of me wanting to get all but one character, this time being Jigglypuff. I could probably live without Ganondorf but he might be the easiest to find honestly. Also hurray for the HW stuff.

Eh I dunno guys. Seems sketchy but all the supposed Direct rumors point at April 1. Has there been a time where a leak like this has come true? Because I can't seem to remember. What do you guys think?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd also like to note that there have been quite a few other "leaks" about an April 1st Direct on 4chan, that have all been incredibly similar to the one above, but with notable differences. One leak that Etika covered (I'm assuming most of you know who he is by now) was pretty similar, but instead of a new Paper Mario, they claimed that we'd be getting a Mario spin-off tentatively called "Bowser Wii U", in which Mario, Luigi, and Peach get kidnapped by a mysterious new villain, and Bowser decides to try and save them. They also claimed the new Star Fox would be shown, and that the story was about Fox and the crew getting sucked into a wormhole that sends them back in time to Andross' second attack, and they have to try and play out events exactly as they originally did in order to maintain stability in the timeline, while trying to find a way to control a wormhole to bring them back to their own time period.

Top Bottom