• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amazing New Pika Technique Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubis

Smash Cadet
AHH. I just picked up pickachu and started to try to find tricks. Well I found an amazing one.

I call it TeleCancel : TC:
To use your Up + B Attack to teleport and then quickly press down as soon as you press up + b in order to cancel all post lag of the Next move and all Ending lag of teleport (B Up).

This has so much petential due to the fact You can have an infinate lagless teleport if you do it correctly. So far I've Only got it working on the ground.

(Hidden Bonus) You can do areal attacks on the ground :) thats right. Try it. Works best with His down areal since the whole ending frame hits. And it lands quickly. Press B+up + a side direction and then hit Down + A quickly.

Also, By pressing B+up and Down quickly, You stay in the same spot, but also cancel lag. With this technique ive been able to chain 3 teleports in a row.

The most useful thing ive done out of this technique so far is using Thunder.
You move extremely fast when you teleport, so it hard to avoid.

This could be the beginning of a whole new amazing character. Comments? Has someone already figured this out?

Nubis

Smash Cadet
well i havent seen anyone use it in their videos, or post it on the forum, would you mind linking it to me?

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
As much as people have posted/made reference/encouraged usage/debated name/posted success stories

You really haven't seen anything on the boards?

Right now there's two threads on the first page with Quick Attack Cancel in it.

You probably missed em cuz you were searching for teleport

El Em Ef Ay Oh

gallax

Smash Hero
this has been discovered a while ago. called the quick attack cancel and it also led into the quick attack lock. its most useful to do a QAC into the groud and into a SH fair/nair/uair. also great for mindgames.

Nubis

Smash Cadet
well sorry... still im gonna call it tele cancel. quick attack cancel is a dumb name because you arent just using it for "attacks" you can also chain Teleport with it. I discovered this alone, I didn't look on the forums like everyone else. I find it annoying that people can't find stuff out by them selves anyways.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
well sorry... still im gonna call it tele cancel. quick attack cancel is a dumb name because you arent just using it for "attacks" you can also chain Teleport with it. I discovered this alone, I didn't look on the forums like everyone else. I find it annoying that people can't find stuff out by them selves anyways.
i lol'd

10qac's

Roller

Smash Legend
wow. You are so cool dude. No, realy, I wish I was you. Your method seems realy effective, you only took about 3 months longer to discover this extremely widely known and often used technique. I can't wait to see how long it takes you to discover you can lock someone with it...

:psycho:

EDIT: Scissors, your sig is hilarious! I love it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
It's stupid to use resources to learn! You shouldn't use a math book to learn calculus!

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Teleport... Err... wait... let me get this straight....

...Pika's upB is called Teleport? Even though the instruction manual, game guide, and other resources have been calling is Quick Attack since the original?

...-__________________________________-; *facepalm*

Oh and that last statement is LOL worthy. You are gonna be sigged from now on. :) Also, tell me how many people would've found out about ISJR on their own, and that it can be done with lots of aerials and done with every character? That's an example of 'learning from others'. Sir, learn to learn from others, or you'll fail miserbly in life.

Boss: Okay, to operate this machine safely, you-

You: I find it stupid that I can't figure out how to do this on my own. I'll figure out how to do it on my own, so go away please.

*the next day in the newspaper*

DEAD MAN IN MACHINE

Refused to listen to boss's instructions and died! Refused to learn from others! You all have the right to laugh at him according to the government!

EDIT: Sorry, but I and many others are tired of people who go and don't read the board, post an already discovered technique, than rename it to something inappropiate. Oh, and the SJR and ISJR's full extent was only discovered because this one guy found out Marth's infinite fair jump, and from that and Charizard's uair (apparently the DKers also knew this for a while now, but thought it was DK only. =P), tried it with other characters. Then other people did research, and... we found out a lot in 36 hours, with a rough estimation of which moves can do it to boot, among other things. Don't know what SJR is? Read. Oh right, you find it stupid to not find things out on your own.

XP

EDIT2: BUT, now you know. :D It's indeed a very useful technique. Try reading up on it.

Trillion

Smash Ace
it is called quick attack cancel because the name of the move is quick attack. you are cancelling it. and yes the move does do an attack so it IS an attack. discovering a technique on your own is great, but there is nothing wrong with learning a new technique by having someone else teach you. but the most ******** thing that you said was "I find it annoying that people can't find stuff out by them selves anyways" because by saying that you are saying that people should find stuff out for themselves, but here you are posting a thread trying to say that you discovered a new technique and trying to prevent other people from learning it themselves. You are a Bidoof. Thats right that dumb looking pokemon from Diamond and Pearl. If you don't know what one is, google it. That's you.

gallax

Smash Hero
im glad you have a lucario instead of a pika as part of you profile. i would be ashamed of knowing you as a fellow pika mainer.

Roller

Smash Legend
im glad you have a lucario instead of a pika as part of you profile. i would be ashamed of knowing you as a fellow pika mainer.
I must agree.

I love how at first he was responding to the posts, and now he has just been beaten into submission.

lol

P.S. If I had room in my sig you would definately be in it dude.

OMGZ! He should be on the next SWF Tshirt! Someone alert the people who make those kind of decisions ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom