• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AM I the only One......

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I love how Luigi is ranked
29/37 in advantages and
25/37 in tournaments.
This is going to make him Low tier and I love it. I love underused characters.

Discuss.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I main MK and I'm deciding to learn Luigi as my secondary. When I side smashed Dedede off FD from near center at like 110% with that spammy side smash of Weegee's I was hooked. Stupid reason? Maybe. But I can see the rest of his moveset isn't to disappoint.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
Every character should be overused so we can learn tons of techs.

strongfan

Smash Rookie
Dude, Luigi is my main! I almost always play as him!
He should be, like, top tier(next to Tabuu, his off waves a harsh!)

Dragnil

Smash Cadet
I AM TOP TIER CAN NOT DEFEAT ME MUAHAHA. Luigi comes up ,pwned.

Just makes it a lot more fun to beat top tier guys

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Nintendo kinda left Luigi still, thinking he'd be fine, not realizing that taking away wavedashing cut his speed in half.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Eh, I don't like it. Luigi is an EXTREMELY good character (bottom of high tier - top of mid tier) and people are going to instantly assume that he suck because of his placing on the tier list if he is in low. I can understand Luigi being low in Melee, but he shouldn't be low JUST because he is underused, I don't like that. Only bad characters should be in the low tiers, like Capt. Falcon and Link, not good, underused characters.

Eten

Smash Ace
I don't really care about how Luigi is ranked
But I play him and think
"I wish he got a lot more attention so this guy's metagame can develop faster"
Cause right now I think he's extremely underdeveloped in metagame
I don't actually main luigi, I just play him from time to time
Things like a walk into a sliding downsmash, just hold over and slightly up to avoid a dtilt and hit down c-stick- how useful? I dunno, NO ONE talks about it
It comes as a shock to people about the basics like luigi can short hop double aerial ANY aerial(or any mix of them). With good control, in terms of spacing and mindgames this should make him godly- like short hop backwards dair, then DI forward away from your opponent again and bair. What about when he fastfalls where during different short hop aerials? Short hop Bair to fastfalled airdodge, the airdodge landing means you can buffer in the next input, stuff like that.
People say Luigi's edgeguard game is inferior to mario's. Well, a lot of attention has been given to Mario's edgeguard options, almost none to Luigi's- who knows what tricks luigi can actually have?
Hell, even the basics are almost totally NOT talked about- like recovery. You couldn't find the info on these boards- should he charge over-B in one shot and sweetspot the ledge(cause he can grab right in the middle of his green missile move where he couldn't in melee), now that the over-B gives him height the longer it charges, and in case of misfire it shoots you just enough higher to clear the ledge and hit anybody trying to ledgeguard, or should come up from below or shoot over the top of the stage and come down from above?

Like I said, I only play Luigi from time to time, and these are just a few random things I just notice. Playing Luigi makes me think of a character at least on G&W level, but while G&W is having all sorts of little nuances discovered and players playing him all over the place improving his metagame most Luigi's aren't going to be anything more advanced than the Luigi you can find Virtual Void playing back in February, before the game even came out in the states!

Top Bottom