• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who thinks that Zams is "too big"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just compare her models and arts work to everything from Brawl. It seems like she's went up a few sizes despite being based on Metroid Other M. It's like Sakurai is clearly trying to make her Dead or Alive material.

Last edited:

DM1

Banned via Warnings
Sex appeal has definitely been upped significantly. I've been wondering if she'd actually be able to fit in her varia suit with a proper side by side comparison.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
At least it is not nearly on the scale of the female character designs in Soul Calibur IV. Now THOSE were obscene. That being said, compared to some woman character designs I have seen in some other fighting games, Zero Suit Samus's design is really not that bad.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Yeah, and so what? What's the problem? So her breasts are bigger, there's nothing really more to it. I guess they are a bit ridiculous in a few shots.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think she looks fine. Like people said she's nothing compared to DoA or Soul Calibur.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
At least it is not nearly on the scale of the female character designs in Soul Calibur IV. Now THOSE were obscene. That being said, compared to some woman character designs I have seen in some other fighting games, Zero Suit Samus's design is really not that bad.
At least her whole body is covered

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hell Zero Suit Samus shows the least amount of skin out every female in the game so far.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
They are a bit... enhanced, but at least they don't move all over the place. I always hated that in fighting games like Bloody Roar (I'm looking at you, Jenny) and Soul Caliber. It was just... obscene. I like to be a big kid when I play games, and it just spoils it when there's too much sex factor. This, I think, is just right. Enough for some to look and wiggle an eyebrow at it, without being really distracting in gameplay and making the kiddies go, "Mommy, why do they jiggle?"

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Jenny and Ivy were major offenders in this area, I agree, but the other characters weren't that bad, were they?

ZSS may not have jiggle mechanics and may not show skin but she still has a complete lack of anything else in her costume and this does put focus on the one aspect that stands out. Her character design does draw attention to her chest, intentionally or otherwise and, as such, people are going to notice it.
The size change may or may not make her a tad unrealistic but I really don't care. For me, it merely demonstrates that Nintendo thought they could find a different sort of appeal with her. One that doesn't involve having an interesting moveset or character.

I don't think she's too big but I do think that the increase is an issue. It shows Smash heading the way of other fighters that have whored out their female cast and possibly even returning sub-par characters on that aspect alone.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also, I think her glowing back and her gun (probably the boots too as they are so colorful) draw even more attention than anything else
If you're still only looking at her front, it's probably because you think too much about it.

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Eh, I have no problem with big boobs and the same applies here. Call it impractical or impossible and I'll show you everything else in the series. Yeah, she's bigger, and we'll debate it for a time and then the games will come out and no one will care.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, I figure people won't really care about the design when in-game since the camera will be zoomed out anyway. Camera mode will allow those who want to have a look do just that.

It's funny, Samus has been the cause of a lot of feminist controversy in Smash 4, and it always comes with hype worthy moments. First there was her being punched by Little Mac in his trailer, now there is this redesign among all of the other awesome announcements of the direct.

domriver

Smash Lord
I dont mind Samus' new look. Its very nice but you think thats Namco or Nintendo doing the design for this one in particular. It does look Dead or Alive material. jeje

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
As for the breasts, they aren't bigger. The Brawl model just had her breasts droop down, and the Zero Suit wrapped around them perfectly, as if the Zero Suit was a layer of skin. The new model actually realistically has the suit prop her breasts up in a firm position, and it doesn't wrap around her cleavage this time, which is what it should look like. Compare it to the biker outfits for the females in Mario Kart (or of a real life woman).
from another thread. . .and honestly they arent that much bigger, they just look that way in the picture because that is what the camera is focused on

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
from another thread. . .and honestly they arent that much bigger, they just look that way in the picture because that is what the camera is focused on
In almost everyone of he screenshots she's leaning slightly forwards to make them look bigger, looking at the first 3DS screenshot you can see how they aren't bigger plus I wouldn't even say they look that big in the first place so I don't know why everyone is getting so pissed off

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
You need an expert for this :troll:

They aren't bigger. As TopTierPichu quoted, how the zero suit is around her chest is more realistic and is less "second skin" like. Also, the fact it is shining give them some "dimensions", compared to Brawl's flat texture.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
First there was her being punched by Little Mac in his trailer...
That was one dumb thread, women have as much right to be punched in the face as men do!
How much of a right that is is highly debatable but a fighting game character getting beaten up should not be cause for controversy, regardless of their gender.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That was one dumb thread, women have as much right to be punched in the face as men do!
How much of a right that is is highly debatable but a fighting game character getting beaten up should not be cause for controversy, regardless of their gender.
Honestly, feminists are just rabid these days, especially on tumblr, and will hate on bloody anything, even if it makes them look hypocritical. It really bothers me that they just can't leave people to enjoy ZSS's return because they disapprove of how she is portrayed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She may not be my most beloved character or anything but I'm happy she's back, happy for the people who mained her, and I think she looks great.

Also, this perfectly contextualises the situation with ZSS:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom