• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I the only one who thinks Mario should have gotten Mega Mario as his new final smash?

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
You know. The one in the Mario games where he picks up the giant gold mushroom several times his size, turns really big, and stomps through the level kicking everything in his way over?

Yes it would basically just be a rehash of Beast Ganon, but it just fits him better than a big fireball attack.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know. The one in the Mario games where he picks up the giant gold mushroom several times his size, turns really big, and stomps through the level kicking everything in his way over?

Yes it would basically just be a rehash of Beast Ganon, but it just fits him better than a big fireball attack.
It would be cool but at this point I think the Mario Finale is set in stone as a tradition.

I was almost expecting him to get a Final Smash where he cap-tures a T-Rex and cleans house like it's 1993 again.

D

Deleted member

For what it's worth, Mario Finale does have some similarities to his Ultra Flame attack from Super Mario RPG if nothing else.

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
It would have to be like Bowser’s new final smash. It looks like we won’t have any transformation final smashes. Everyone who had a transformation smash had theirs changed. They haven’t revealed Yoshi, Diddy, and Lucario’s Final Smashes since they also transformed, so there might be some. But mega Mario would work best as a transformation, and we don’t have those as of now. Although changing into mega Mario to do a final smash would be pretty cool.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I think he should have captured the t-rex and rampaged around the stage.

I'm just really not a fan of Mario Finale. It never feels very good to use and it really doesn't pull from any of his games in particular.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I always thought it would be neat if Mario's Final Smash was Gold Mario and he shoots out the Finale but with giant golden fireballs that leave a trail of coins.

Nyubi

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-2778-3020-7519
I heard them saying that they want to do the smashes as something like "instant moves" so no transformation where you have a certain duration until your smash move is gone, like Warios W-MAN, Yoshis ?Dragon Form, Little macs Buffed Form and so on.

But otherwise I like the idea! ;P

Top Bottom