• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Am I a good wolf player

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Wolf is my 2nd main, and I <3 to spam his F-Smash and not run actually I sometimes do use other moves (U-Smash, D-Smash, Reflector). all I want to know is this a good technique or should I find another one, I use aerial attacks a lot. Falco is my #1 main

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
You need a video. All you get across is that you spam f-smash and use other moves. I'll tell you now that spamming f-smash only works on noobs and makes you a noob as well. An experienced player will shield grab you to hell.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Spamming smash attacks is looked down upon by most Wolf players. And you'll eventually realize it's ineffective against more skilled players.

If you want advice on Wolf, I would suggest using his back-aerial a lot more often. Coupled with a short-hop it's a very effective technique for approaching and can even KO at higher percentages. Also, learning the stage-scar technique will also be very helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYdJXeytVo

There's also some other things about Wolf that are commonly looked at as "bad" or "useless" but I think the people who say that are the ones who hardly even put forth any effort in trying to use him effectively. His blaster while a little easy to avoid, is still useful for slowing down approaches, and the extra knockback at close-range make it safer to use at close range than Fox and Falco's. Then there's his recovery, use Side+B for reaching the ledge from horizontal distances. His Up+B recovery isn't as bad as people like to say. It requires you to carefully and quickly aim in order to hit the ledge, you also can't DI after using it. However, it's got a very long distance and with lots of experience, recovering really shouldn't be a huge problem. It's even less of a problem on stages where the ledges are easy to grab such as Battlefield, Smashville, and Yoshi's Island (Brawl).

Wolf can also spike with his down-aerial. Most people disregard this technique because they think it's too dangerous, but really it's only dangerous in the hands of a careless player. Just make sure you never double-jump off the edge, as you'll need that second jump to return to the stage. I've found that down-throwing someone off the ledge and then immediately going for a short-hopped down-aerial works very well.

havocnetwork

Smash Cadet
You sound pretty good. My only advice is to use only fsmash; drop all those other useless moves.
All wolf users reading this, don't worry about this post, he's just trying to rile you up. That or he wants this wolf to be a weak opponent.

fsmash is good as a kill move and can also be used as a defending move but don't use it too much or you'll become to predictable and they will just roll behind you and dsmash.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
All wolf users reading this, don't worry about this post, he's just trying to rile you up. That or he wants this wolf to be a weak opponent.

fsmash is good as a kill move and can also be used as a defending move but don't use it too much or you'll become to predictable and they will just roll behind you and dsmash.
LMAO :chuckle:

LAW-WOLF

Smash Rookie
ok so u need to short hop bair it is very good also look at the guide the ummmmm koskinator told u he had it gave me some help

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Wolf is my 2nd main, and I <3 to spam his F-Smash and not run actually I sometimes do use other moves (U-Smash, D-Smash, Reflector). all I want to know is this a good technique or should I find another one, I use aerial attacks a lot. Falco is my #1 main
Can't judge since I'm not a Wolf player and I haven't actually seen you play.

However, I''m going to give you the most useful answer ever. :chuckle:

No, no you're not a good Wolf player. In fact, you suck, go practice.

PyroJet

Smash Apprentice
A wolf player that does nothing but spam smashes, admits that he hates moving his char, and says all of wolf's other moves are crap. You most likely suck.

acv

Smash Journeyman
try doing that to a ICs and they will grab you for the rest of eternity.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I've changed with wolf now, I use some of his moves a lot mainly the b-air and d-air and I use the blaster a lot(i know its for n00bs) when a guy got a hammer or a golden one

Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom