• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Always quit, dont think i can improve.

Forgeblazer

Smash Rookie
Nearly every game i end up sd'ing on purpose on my last stocks. I see myself at a disadvantage, and i quit. That, and i also get bodied every game, cant improve, and barely play out of hesitancy becauce i believe ill only get destroyed and not improve. This is kinda a TLDR, ill reply if you want more info.

Nearly every game i end up sd'ing on purpose on my last stocks. I see myself at a disadvantage, and i quit. That, and i also get bodied every game, cant improve, and barely play out of hesitancy becauce i believe ill only get destroyed and not improve. This is kinda a TLDR, ill reply if you want more info.
We could do some dittos practice matches with the character of your choice (without pressure, just to try and practice some stuff).

If you're interested, just create an arena (items and hazards off, 7 stocks, stage of your choice) and add me, here's my FC: SW-3401-4513-1537

Last edited:

Forgeblazer

Smash Rookie
We could do some dittos practice matches with the character of your choice (without pressure, just to try and practice some stuff).

If you're interested, just create an arena (items and hazards off, 7 stocks, stage of your choice) and add me, here's my FC: SW-3401-4513-1537
Thats another thing, i have no exact main. At the moment my favorite characters to play would be wolf, dr mario, and ganondorf though.

Thats another thing, i have no exact main. At the moment my favorite characters to play would be wolf, dr mario, and ganondorf though.
It's alright, no need to have a main. Playing different characters allows you to understand their playstyles, it's just more knowledge in the end.

I play Ganondorf pretty often, maybe i could show you a few tricks. Anyways, the offer is still there for a practice arena, i'll check my notifications as often as possible so don't hesitate (you can post on my profile or send me a PM).

Last edited:

Forgeblazer

Smash Rookie
It's alright, no need to have a main. Playing different characters allows you to understand their playstyles, it's just more knowledge in the end.

I play Ganondorf pretty often, maybe i could show you a few tricks. Anyways, the offer is still there for a practice arena, i'll check my notifications as often as possible so don't hesitate (you can post on my profile or send me a PM).
Ill likely add you, if i dont, it means i forgot, because im definitely interested.

Forgeblazer

Smash Rookie
Also, im struggling really badly with wolf. I feel like hes overhyped and is really a low mid tier imo, maybe even low, when i play him i can never kill, and i get edge guarded and combos so horribly, and he seems to lack combos himself, so if i can get any advice om how to play him better ill take it. I still keep suiciding every other game when i quit as well.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I know, its just really hard whenever it seems that coming back is literally impossible
Smash isn't an RPG. At not point in this game are you required to take any amount of damage. "Literally impossible" does not mathematically exist here.

A losing battle is an opportunity to improve yourself. Denying yourself that is a lousy habit that will make you a lousy player forever. "It's not worth trying anymore" is an ugly weed of a mentality that I guarantee will destroy any prospects you have of improving if you entertain it.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I know, its just really hard whenever it seems that coming back is literally impossible
If you focus too much on winning it'll make things much harder than needed, not just emotionally, but also because your mind will be focusing on stuff that doesn't matter while you are playing. Try focusing on improving on the control of your character and think about the options the opponent has.

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard emotionally to focus on winning anyways. If you win, you might feel great, but if you focus too much on it, you'll feel devastated during and after the match if things go poorly. Things going poorly is inevitable because the momentum of a match can change at any moment and you need to be able to adapt to not crumble under pressure. That's why I stopped worrying about winning. You'll enjoy the game more and be improving much faster.

Forgeblazer

Smash Rookie
If you focus too much on winning it'll make things much harder than needed, not just emotionally, but also because your mind will be focusing on stuff that doesn't matter while you are playing. Try focusing on improving on the control of your character and think about the options the opponent has.

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard emotionally to focus on winning anyways. If you win, you might feel great, but if you focus too much on it, you'll feel devastated during and after the match if things go poorly. Things going poorly is inevitable because the momentum of a match can change at any moment and you need to be able to adapt to not crumble under pressure. That's why I stopped worrying about winning. You'll enjoy the game more and be improving much faster.
Thats likely by biggest problem, i dont play or think to improve, i do to WIN. Even when i change this though, i find it very frustrating to lose multiple times in a row, or to not quit the game for an hour or 2 as a result.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Thats likely by biggest problem, i dont play or think to improve, i do to WIN. Even when i change this though, i find it very frustrating to lose multiple times in a row, or to not quit the game for an hour or 2 as a result.
I will say, Ultimate does a much better job about placing you against people around your skill level compared to Smash 4. Combine that with me eating the wrong types of food and not getting enough sleep, I was having that problem for a while too because it feels like I was always losing, even if I wasn't. Since For Glory Smash 4 I was winning most of the time.

I will say this though. Make sure you're doing everything you need to do to make your mind+body healthy. Makes it a heck of a lot easier to not get irritated if you get enough rest. Unless you can grab someone to help teach you how to play, I'd suggest quickplay since it usually puts people around your skill level with you. You'll still lose quite a bit, but you won't lose every single game because there's always someone worse.

I'm sure there's probably many other anti-stress tips people can give. That's all I can think of off the top of my head because I'm very tired right now.

Top Bottom