• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Toads for Alternate Costumes

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
'Just putting the thought out there, but, if Peach gets *unlikely alternate costumes (ie Daisy, Rosalina) will she get alternate Toads, too?

I could imagine Rosalina summoning a Luma rather than Toad. I'm not sure about Daisy, though. Toadette, anyone?

Furthermore, perhaps even regular Peach could pull out various Toads, Luma and the like at random, each with different effects. It would go well alongside Turnip's and Peach Swing's variety.

[*And yes, I know of the Wario thing]

peachy!

super princess
Hmm I don't see that happening. It would be cool though. But hey, Peach's umbrella changes color according to the costume you're wearing.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
That would be great idea! I kinda get bored of seeing the normal toad, even though i likes him alot!

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Another idea: Pauline (from the original Donkey Kong game) as an alt holding Donkey Kong Jr.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I don't really like the idea of her using Toadette seeing as I don't even like her using Toad like that, and Toadette is my favorite Mario character... I originally wanted her to switch to a parasol reflect sheild but when I saw that the Toad sheild was still in I wasn't all too happy...

Though I do like the different colored Toads and Luma ideas... it's just... Peach's vegetable move is random as well as her side smash... wouldn't this make her moveset a little more based on luck rather than strategy or skill? O.o

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I just wanted Toadette in the game in some form. I doubt she'll make it as a Assist Trophy. I was initially hoping for a Toad/Toadette tandem like the IC.

Also, I think it would be easier on our psyches if initial contact with Toad on an opponent did damage. Especially if it were Rest-like... >_> lol

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
It would make sense since there are already multi-colored Toads out there, but I doubt it will happen.

Top Bottom