• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright who's the best link in the WORLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Aniki or Germ?

After seeing Germ's vid I completely stopped playing as Link.
Aniki used to be the best Link I know about 2 years ago....

Does he still play?
Just answer my question I want to know.

Love

Smash Rookie
Personally i think aniki is the best i mean no fancy tech, just straight up old fashioned butt kicking and it works so well, Now dont get me wrong Germ does his thing, I really like his use of his grabs, the grab, back throw, Back air into another grab is just sexy. Still ive seen aniki cream foxs and im still trying to figure out weather that fox was just not as good as my friends or Is he just that sick. Lol Aniki pwns (Im sad he plays Samus though)

Chip.

you know what to do
Actually, Azen stopped using Link in tournaments for a while now, due to the fact he couldn't win any final matches :p. I never even heard that much about Trevyn, so I don't know about him.

DeriLink has one of the best Link's for sure, so maybe him or SS4Ricky

technomancer

Smash Champion
Azen and trevyn are now considered the 2 best links in america.Germ switched his main to falco.Also, Germ got 4 stocked by isai before.

heres the link

Isai (Fox) vs Germ (Link) Match One
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRH0cC1Ybs

Isai (Fox) vs Germ (Link) Match Two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gprCCJMQrQQ
Everyone got four-stocked by Isai at least once if they've played him more than a few times, Germ just happened to have his on video.

Isai has the gayest Fox of all time, gayer than M2K, gayer than gay, gay gay gay.

Edit: Also SSJ4Ricky <3, though he's out of practice aka lose your girlfriend and come play smash plz.

Chip.

you know what to do
it's usually undisputed that aniki has the best link, and for good reason too.
True, Aniki always has and always will be the best Link of all time(....c'mon....he beat Ken), but the sad truth of it is, Aniki has dropped Link(and maybe Young Link) in tournaments and uses Samus in probably all of his matches. He might counter pick against Peach, but I don't know for sure...

Everyone got four-stocked by Isai at least once if they've played him more than a few times, Germ just happened to have his on video.

Isai has the gayest Fox of all time, gayer than M2K, gayer than gay, gay gay gay.

Edit: Also SSJ4Ricky <3, though he's out of practice aka lose your girlfriend and come play smash plz.
Actually, for best Foxes in U.S., PC Chris is 1st, then KoreanDJ 2nd, M2K 3rd, Ken 4th, ChillinDude 5th, and then Isai 6th.

He doesn't even main Fox OR Sheik, he mains Falcon.

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
You don't have to main a character to be best with them. Aniki is the best Link. Why not just read the other topic on this page?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Actually, Azen stopped using Link in tournaments for a while now, due to the fact he couldn't win any final matches :p. I never even heard that much about Trevyn, so I don't know about him.

DeriLink has one of the best Link's for sure, so maybe him or SS4Ricky
thanks chip:) ,I just read the info about azen and trevyn on njzfinest's profile.what I like about trevyn is his style,its good not sloppy

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord

you might think isai's the gayest fox,but I think he's a really fast fox player and a very smart one

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Wow you'd think Germ woulda at least took out 3 of Isai's lives in the first match.... playing Zelga..

Aniki...... hmm........ So...... Will there be another title match of best Link soon?
Like Captain jack vs mike for dk?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Wow you'd think Germ woulda at least took out 3 of Isai's lives in the first match.... playing Zelga..

Aniki...... hmm........ So...... Will there be another title match of best Link soon?
Like Captain jack vs mike for dk?
no,and captain jack is the best DK.no further questions;)

technomancer

Smash Champion
I wasn't commenting on Rankings at all.

Isai's Fox is gay. See Isai vs. Germ, Isai vs. King. He basically uses one move to win and plays lazy.

Additionally, search function.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Getting 4 stocked doesn't mean anything, getting four stocked 3 times means something. And i would say, no one has the best Link. Germ and Aniki are insane with Link, but there's only one way to find who is the best Link, and how to find that, is to see Germ and Aniki go at it best out of 3 and the rest of the Link player go at it too.

FlipX

Smash Ace
I kind of agree with stos except the winner could just be better at mirror matches so it wont solve anything. Aniki might be better at facing falcos with link then lets say tryven(sp?). As far as off topic goes it would be cool to mirror match the same characters 25 times 1 stock each to see who won (thanks for the idea stos' sig) =P

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
no,and captain jack is the best DK.no further questions;)
..........I was using the CJ vs mike title as a reference to my question.
We all know CJ's DK owns......

Will there be a title match like that of CJ's and Mikes match for best link?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
You never know, i would say each other day i have bad days, it happens to me pretty often, so when people say I got four stocked, i don't really care, cause the next time we meet and iam having a good day, all iam saying is good luck. So four stocking someone doesn't really mean anything. Iam actually putting something up like this if you guys don't get it. If Ken gets four stocked by a noob three times does it mean anything? for me i don't think so. because people get bad days sometimes. So you never know, maybe on the Isai vs. Germ, Germ has having a bad day, so you can't really judge peoples skills until you face them.

Chip.

you know what to do
GERM has stopped using Link, completely, he only uses Falco now.

....Why is it that ALL pro Link players second/switch to Falco?.... Almost every single one of them.

Aniki hates top tier so thats why he choose Samus instead.

Bum's DK>all other DK's!

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Link players use Falco because they have trouble w/ Fox, Sheik, and C.Falcon.

Falco eats Fox, Sheik, and Falcon.

Hell even I do it, I main Link and second Falco, they're just covering the bases.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Burn this **** at the stake. Immediately. ****ing mother of Mary, will you people never learn?

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
a dbr member--i forget which one--claimed that germ's link beat isai's c.falcon in a match prior to the infamous 4-stocking. i don't doubt it either. imma try to find the thread he posted in.

regarding this worn out topic, it's not disputable really. aniki is recognized as the best link in the world. however, it's not so obvious who deserves runner-up.

The GERM

Smash Ace
OK people, let me clear your minds

I don't visit these boards much unless I need info about a tournament or something, but it seems everytime I come into the Link room, there's a new thread about who's the best Link, so let me clear some funk that scrubs just can't seem to get over.

1. Let's talk about Aniki, Aniki is the best Link in Japan, and Japan only. I actually have learned a lot by watching his vids like spamming techniques and spacing against certain characters. But let's face it, before the vids came out of him beating Ken, everyone just said things like, "Aniki's pretty good" or "Best Link in Japan" and rightfully so. But after those vids came out, everyone was yapping about how godly his Link is and how he's so much better and plays so much smarter than American Link players and how he has the most amazing mindgames. I will be the first to give Aniki his due, but until he actually comes to a big tournament in the US, we will never know if he will do as good here as he does in Japan. First, those matches he won against Ken were all friendlies, If I played Ken for a while in friendlies, I guaranteee you I'd win a few, so would a few people. Second, Japanese players play their characters way different than Americans do, Masashi is/was considered the best Fox in Japan at one point and Aniki can beat him sometimes with his Link, but compare Masashi's steady, safe way of play to American Fox's like M2K,KDJ, or PC Chris, do you think he'd stand a chance against such insanely technical and smart fox players? We'll most likely never know. Like I said, Aniki deserves a lot of credit for the hope he gives to Link players, and a lot of people have benefited and learned a lot from his vids, including myself, but to Label one Person best in the world with one character when he hasen't traveled out of is country is obsurd.

2. I have been playing my Falco in tournaments for 3 years now. Not because he's high tier, or even because I want to win more, but simply because it's incredibly fun for me to combo fast fallers, so I'd use him against fast fallers and Link for floaties. But just recently I've grown bored of Falco's somewhat brainless game of SHL and pillar combos so I just completely dropped him from tournament play as of last week. Last Saturday was the first tournament in 2 years That I've gone all Link and I did really well, losing to only other DBR members. I've never stopped playing Link and with Brawl around the corner, I want to see just how far I can push my character in tournament play.

3. Ok, I've learned to just ignore this but I'ma say it anyway. Yes, I got 4 stocked by Isai.....2 years ago, I was still very green in the tournament scene and had no real sense of spacing, spamming, or much Fox practice. But let's take another player, an insanely good Falco player named Forward, possibly the best Falco in America only competing with PC Chris. Forward has beaten countless good players Including Ken, PC Chris, and coutless others. But here's the twist my friends, he's been 4 stocked numerous times. By Ken's Marth at NCT2, Hugs's Samus at Champ Combo, and Zelgadis's Fox, all of these which are tournament matches. But should this take away the fact that he plays a godly Falco or the consideration of being one the best Falco's out there? no, it shouldn't. I don't care who you are, everyone gets 4 stocked sometime in their smash career, they're just rarely recorded, and I was just lucky enough for my match to be recorded. I can give an entire huge list of incredible players that have been 4 stock, let me just name a few. M2K by The King, PC Chris by Forward, Captain Jack by Isai, Wes by Isai, Chillin' by Ken, SS by The King, just to name a few. Not all of these are tournament matches, but I was witness to most of these. All of these are great players and a 4 stock shouldn't be taken for more than a simple loss, that's all I'm trying to say.

4. When it comes to best Link in America, you have to consider one thing. Would this player actually use Link at a big tournament like MLG? It doesn't matter if so and so beat you with Link at your bi-weekly, the question is, would he use Link while surrounded by high competition? So let's take Azen, Insane with every character in the game, but did he use Link at MLG at all? would he only use him against a few characters he feels comfortable fighting? Would he use him against a good Fox, Sheik, Falco, or other high tier characters? I for one have never seen or heard of him going Link when it matters, so to say he's the best Link in America, is just fu**in dumb. Beleive me, I'm not taking anything away from Azen, I also study his gameplay a lot and he's a legend in the smash community for good reason. But you can't just label him the best with every character because he's Azen. It's understandable to consider him to be the best with the characters he uses a lot in tournaments like Marth, Fox, Sheik, and a few others, but Link isn't one of them.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I don't visit these boards much unless I need info about a tournament or something, but it seems everytime I come into the Link room, there's a new thread about who's the best Link, so let me clear some funk that scrubs just can't seem to get over.

1. Let's talk about Aniki, Aniki is the best Link in Japan, and Japan only. I actually have learned a lot by watching his vids like spamming techniques and spacing against certain characters. But let's face it, before the vids came out of him beating Ken, everyone just said things like, "Aniki's pretty good" or "Best Link in Japan" and rightfully so. But after those vids came out, everyone was yapping about how godly his Link is and how he's so much better and plays so much smarter than American Link players and how he has the most amazing mindgames. I will be the first to give Aniki his due, but until he actually comes to a big tournament in the US, we will never know if he will do as good here as he does in Japan. First, those matches he won against Ken were all friendlies, If I played Ken for a while in friendlies, I guaranteee you I'd win a few, so would a few people. Second, Japanese players play their characters way different than Americans do, Masashi is/was considered the best Fox in Japan at one point and Aniki can beat him sometimes with his Link, but compare Masa****'s steady, safe way of play to American Fox's like M2K,KDJ, or PC Chris, do you think he'd stand a chance against such insanely technical and smart fox players? We'll most likely never know. Like I said, Aniki deserves a lot of credit for the hope he gives to Link players, and a lot of people have benefited and learned a lot from his vids, including myself, but to Label one Person best in the world with one character when he hasen't traveled out of is country is ubsurd.

2. I have been playing my Falco in tournaments for 3 years now. Not because he's high tier, or even because I want to win more, but simply because it's incredibly fun for me to combo fast fallers, so I'd use him against fast fallers and Link for floaties. But just recently I've grown bored of Falco's somewhat brainless game of SHL and pillar combos so I just completely dropped him from tournament play as of last week. Last Saturday was the first tournament in 2 years That I've gone all Link and I did really well, losing to only other DBR members. I've never stopped playing Link and with Brawl around the corner, I want to see just how far I can push my character in tournament play.

3. Ok, I've learned to just ignore this but I'ma say it anyway. Yes, I got 4 stocked by Isai.....2 years ago, I was still very green in the tournament scene and had no real sense of spacing, spamming, or much Fox practice. But let's take player, an insanely good Falco player named Forward, possibly the best Falco in America only competing with PC Chris. Forward has beaten countless good players Including Ken, PC Chris, and coutless others. But here's the twist my friends, he's been 4 stocked numerous times. By Ken's Marth at NCT2, Hugs's Samus at Champ Combo, and Zelgadis's Fox, all of these which are tournament matches. But should this take away the fact that he plays a godly Falco or the consideration of being one the best Falco's out there? no, it shouldn't. I don't care who you are, everyone gets 4 stocked sometime in their smash career, they're just rarely recorded, and I was just lucky enough for my match to be recorded. I can give an entire huge list of incredible players that have been 4 stock, let me just name a few. M2K by The King, PC Chris by Forward, Captain Jack by Isai, Wes by Isai, Chillin' by Ken, SS by The King, just to name a few. Not all of these are tournament matches, but I was witness to most of these. All of these are great players and a 4 stock shouldn't be taken for more than a simple loss, that's all I'm trying to say.

4. When it comes to best Link in America, you have to consider one thing. Would this player actually use Link at a big tournament like MLG? It doesn't matter if so and so beat you with Link at your bi-weekly, the question is, would he use Link while surrounded by high competition? So let's take Azen, Insane with every character in the game, but did he use Link at MLG at all? would he only use him against a few characters he feels comfortable fighting? Would he use him against a good Fox, Sheik, Falco, or other high tier characters? I for one have never seen or heard of him going Link when it matters, so to say he's the best Link in America, is just fu**in dumb. Beleive me, I'm not taking anything away from Azen, I also study his gameplay a lot and he's a legend in the smash community for good reason. But you can't just label him the best with every character because he's Azen. It's understandable to consider him to be the best with the characters he uses a lot in tournaments like Marth, Fox, Sheik, and a few others, but Link isn't one of them.
you heard the negro

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
i found it.

For everyone who wants to bring up GERM getting 4 stocked by Isai, keep in mind that Isai was dead the last stock and GERM basically suicided before Isai lost the stock. Isai went FOX because GERMs LINK beat his FALCON earlier that day. Also keep in mind that this is ISAI. Who has 4 stocked EVERYBODY. Also, those were from last MLG SF. Over a year ago.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
so germ "in conclusion....?! you didnt wrap things up so i still dont know where you stand on who YOU think is the best.

i really like kubuu and want to play him...hopefully he comes to pound 2

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
you know, I keep hearing that aniki is the best link, but what proof do you really have? I mean he four stocked ken HURRAY, that was like years ago >.> the question was whos the best link NOW!!!! Aniki and Germ both switched there mains, so that ussually means that there links havn't advanced much seeing as they're now using different characters all the time. While this is going on other people are still maining link, using the skills that aniki, germ, azen, travlen, plus all the other links that have shown promise to advance futher. The only true way to figure this out, is to have a link tourney! Hell I'd go! the only character you can choose is link, 1v1's all day! If someone wants to host this! I'd be happy to help

Chip.

you know what to do

Jash

Smash Lord
As i am hearing here, Germ has beaten isai with his Main and isai is the best Capt Falcon in the world. I wouldn't consider Germ the best Link ever or at least in America since there is so many Link players in this world that can just come out of no where and surprise you. But Germ did his thing by beating Isai so Germ, Props man, Props.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom