• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alright guys(NC Smash), help me out here

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
So, sometime after my low-tier tournament, I play on throwing a Brawl items tourney. Items in Brawl has(In my opinion) been one of the most fun ways to play Brawl because the items are so much better than in Melee. I've been keeping my eye on this thread for a while because I feel that establishing a balanced ruleset for items would create a different metagame from items-off Brawl. Not to mention, I wanna start experimenting more with tournament rulesets at my tourneys.

These won't affect PRs, obviously.

So my question is:
1. Who would actually be down for attending an items-on tourney that has a balanced item-set? There would be a 1v1 and 2v2 tournament just like regular tourneys.
2. what do you feel about the Item Standard Play Ruleset? Are there any modifications that you guys would make to it? I personally think that the Spring could be moved to neutral and the Soccer ball should be a counterpick item. Also, maybe the stock limit should go up to about 4 since items typically yield lower percent kills.

NEUTRAL ITEMS:

(Sandbag) (Food) (Warp Star) (Bunny Hood) (Beam Sword) (Lip’s Stick) (Star Rod) (Super Scope) (Fire Flower) (Motion Sensor Bomb) (Freezie) (Smoke Ball) (Pitfall) (Mr. Saturn) (Green Shell) (Banana Peel) (Franklin Badge) (Screw Attack)

COUNTERPICK ITEMS:

(Assist Trophy) (Dragoon) (Metal Box) (Home-Run Bat) (Hammer) (Ray Gun) (Cracker Launcher) (Gooey Bomb) (Hothead) (Spring) (Unira)

BANNED ITEMS:

(Smash Ball) (Pokeball) (Containers) (Blast Box) (Maxim Tomato) (Heart Container) (Super Mushroom) (Poison Mushroom) (Starman) (Superspicy Curry) (Lightning) (Fan) (Golden Hammer) (Bob-Omb) (Smart Bomb) (Deku Nut) (Bumper) (Soccer Ball)

CHANGES FOR 2v2 PLAY:

Item Spawn Rate – Changed to ‘Medium’
(Team Healer) - Neutral
(Smash Ball) – Moved to Counterpick
(Superspicy Curry) – Moved to Counterpick
(Cracker Launcher) – Moved to Neutral

BRACKET PROCEEDINGS:

Double-Elimination

Best of Three (3) Sets, with a Best of Five (5) Finals

Matches Consisting of 3-Stock with an Eight (8) Minute Time Limit

In the event of dispute, controller ports may be decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Ties will be broken by lives, followed by percentages; if percentages are tied, then a One (1) Stock Sudden Death match will be played (no time limit)

Each player may declare One (1) stage and/or One (1) item to be stricken from the entirety of the set

BRACKET CHANGES FOR 2v2:

Controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

Team Attack will be set to ON

Life Stealing will be allowed

Each team may declare Two (2) stages and/or Two (2) items to be stricken from the entirety of the set.

Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

MISC. BRACKET RULES:

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Stalling is banned. Stalling is the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

MATCH PROCEEDINGS:

1st Match –

Double-blind character selection (may be waived with agreement of both players)
Each player may declare stage/item strikes
Opponents start the stage striking procedure
Match begins on stage chosen during strike

Subsequent Matches –

Loser selects stage from Neutral / Counterpick list
Winner selects character
Loser selects character
Winner counterpicks One (1) item
Loser counterpicks One (1) item
Match Begins

MATCH PROCEEDINGS FOR 2v2:

1st Match –

Controller port selection
Double-blind character selection (may be waived with agreement of all players)
Each team may declare stage/item strikes
Opponents start the stage striking procedure (1221 order as determined by RPS)
Match begins on stage chosen during strike

Subsequent Matches –

Losing team selects stage from Neutral / Counterpick list
Winning team selects characters
Losing team selects characters
Winning team counterpicks One (1) item
Losing team counterpicks One (1) item
Match Begins
*P*L*U*R*'s changes
Spring changed to Neutral
Soccer Ball changed to Counterpick
Smashballs banned in doubles
Potential stock limit increase

I dunno. I'm not sure how to discuss this kind of thing. I know that I WOULD like to see this kind of thing take off though. What would you guys feel about this kinda thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bghWGzQzlwA

>_> <_<

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
I am 100% behind you, I think a legit items list would be great. I'm not sure I agree with using CP items though.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Watch me,Zero and vilt play with items on its the best thing ever lol

Smith

Smash Ace
Deku Nuts for CP. Bomb-Ombs too. Deku Nut can be used very well and it doesn't last THAT long. Bomb-Ombs doesn't even one hit KO, or anything even close too that.
and personally; Metalbox for Nuetral. :cool:

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm up for this.

But only under the condition that you accept my secret (but totally awesome) offer about the tournament stages that will not be disclosed until the day I come to this.

Top Bottom