• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All useful tactics with snake's grenades.

zmx

Smash Lord
Now I know there is already a "Did you know?" topic but I feel snake's nades have so many different ways of being used effectively that it deserves a topic of its own. There are probably plenty of ways to use them that are not even discovered. They are by far the most fun to use projectiles in the game imo.

So do share if you know some effective little-known ways to use grenades or even simple tips that are neglected.

I guess I'll start off with something basic:

Like all items you can smash-toss or tilt/neutral-toss nades after picking them back up. The former will do more damage (5%) on inital impact and of course is a stronger direct throw. But if it misses they will fall of the stage.

On the other hand neutral tosses though weaker on initial impact have a harder to deal with trajectory (as they will quickly fall downwards) and will usually stay on the stage. Hence, your foe will still have to worry about the later explosions. I think a good mixup of smash and tilt/normal-tosses is the way to go to keep nades hard to deal with.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
how useful is shield dropping a nade ciphering airdoding to cancel the cipher and then inputing a throw action to throw the nade during the AD? would it be better to just double jump?

wendell

Smash Cadet
regular toss and forward toss,razer did this like 100 billion times in the dabuz MM

tekkie

Smash Master
if you shield drop a grenade and wait a second you can dacus right over it and pick it up without moving

tekkie

Smash Master
yeah but it has to hit the ground doesn't it? i mean you can shield drop a grenade and snake-train across the stage before you can grab it so you sorta have to wait at least a little

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
what nade strategies tend to work best against falco?

or rather what do you NOT do vs falco when camping each other.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
The Falcos I play tend to get pressured into Raptor Dashing easily so possibly a grenade drop, & prone towards them without getting too close?

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Most East Coast falcos won't do that. Another notable tip is to have p4 slot if you can. It has the best priority so you won't be hit (most of the time) by a grenade when holding an opponent.

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
Spacies sideBs:
Falco- Phantasm (IAP is a method of doing phantasm as close to the ground as possible while still in the air. This way it cancels the landing lag and has minimal time before starting making it harder to react to.)
Fox- Illusion
Wolf- Flash

Top Bottom