• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social All Range Mode!

A_male_platypus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Platypusaurus
You guys may or may not remember me, but I used to main Fox in Brawl. I've picked him up again over the last 3 weeks and have gone to as many tournaments as possible. Here's some results after 3 weeks, and a video from a tournament tonight.

https://youtu.be/QMiIq3tromI

Tourney Results:13th @ TGC #2 - http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...ston-tx-4-25-2015-mewtwo-breaks-top-3.400708/

1st @ SMS Bi-weekly #2 - http://challonge.com/smsbiweekly2singles

1st @ SMS Bi-weekly #1 - http://challonge.com/SMSbiweekly1

2nd @ Dragonlair - http://challonge.com/dlairtourneyapriltwelve

3rd @ ARFI #4 - http://austinsmash4.challonge.com/Arfi4Singles

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
Hey aspiring fox main here trying to find some training buddy's if interested add LoZ_Martine I'd appreciate it

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
More Irish trashtalk...

[23:40:08] Arikado: skarfelt
[23:40:11] Tesla Skarfelt: hi
[23:40:12] Arikado: i challenge u
[23:40:21] Tesla Skarfelt: i thought you'd never ask <3
[23:40:22] Arikado: to a moneymatch in slayers
[23:40:23] Tesla Skarfelt: oh
[23:40:28] Tesla Skarfelt: you're on, mother ****er
[23:40:28] Arikado: 5 euros
[23:40:29] Tesla Skarfelt: how much
[23:40:33] Tesla Skarfelt: >5 euros
[23:40:33] Arikado: random character
[23:40:35] Arikado: random stage
[23:40:36] Ryan: 69p
[23:40:42] Tesla Skarfelt: might as well bet a ****ing chocolate bar that's nothing
[23:40:45] Arikado: bo7
[23:40:49] Arikado: ok
[23:40:51] Arikado: a chocolate bar works
[23:40:56] Tesla Skarfelt: okay those rules now make it better
[23:41:06] Tesla Skarfelt: you're going to get ****ing decimated

get hype for the irish salty suite

Foster J.

Smash Ace
69 pence. A chocolate bar? Madness!

Also on an unrelated note, I'll be in London from the 12th to the 16th May, anyone knows if there'll be something going on that week?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Fox finally has a social? It's been too long for the space merc.

A_male_platypus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Platypusaurus
There is a small event in San Marcos, Texas at the local Alpha Strike Games. Should be decent turn out from Austin - gonna go rep Fox!

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Just finished fifth at Dat Smash 4 in London behind three French invaders and JMiller. Pretty delighted with how it went and I can totally do better as well next time. People in the UK are realising that Fox is really good in this game.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
50 posts in just over a month congratz gurls but you need to pick up the pace if you want to be cool because a much more irrelevant character like Swordfighter is beating you badly k bai

Aksi hi :3

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Any of you farts going to be at Shuffle, CEO, or EVO?
I'm already jealous as it stand! Fug u moite!
.... I might be invading the UK in June though

edit: Nope, my vocal exam is happening right at the time, guess I'll be staying home in lil olde Denmark

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
It would be amazing if starfox 2 came to VC; would buy it instantly. Also, its actually the first game Star Wolf appeared in; not 64. And they had a completely different theme song that's still really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beNPTyi5vME

Would love a remix of this song to show up sometime in a starfox game. Would lost my **** even though most people wouldn't understand it or wonder what it is.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
It would be amazing if starfox 2 came to VC; would buy it instantly. Also, its actually the first game Star Wolf appeared in; not 64. And they had a completely different theme song that's still really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beNPTyi5vME

Would love a remix of this song to show up sometime in a starfox game. Would lost my **** even though most people wouldn't understand it or wonder what it is.
Then you would love this:
And yeah, I would too without any hesitation.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
This character is so absurdly good lol. I played him for hours yesterday. So safe...So easy to play...

:018:

M@v

Subarashii!
This character is so absurdly good lol. I played him for hours yesterday. So safe...So easy to play...

:018:
I wouldn't say easy to play (Mario would like to have a word with you), but Fox is the 6th or 7th best character right now IMO, with top 5 potential.

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
Anyone up for dittos? NNID Eripor

(Where should i ask in the future btw?)

M@v

Subarashii!
Got 17th/139 (I think its 139) at Shuffle this past weekend. Main Bracket link (top 4 of each pool made it out; I 1 seeded my pool): http://challonge.com/shuffle7s4s

Ksev and Carls both outplaced me, although Carls is more of a Shulk player than Fox nowadays.

Really feel I played at a top 10 level though at least, because I beat one of the top 10 placers during my pool (smasher) , and did extremely well in friendlies vs a couple of the other top 10 placers. Also, I lost to Mister Eric and Katakiri, who both 1 seeded their pools, and wound up tying for 5th. I ran into Katakiri early in losers bracket because he was upset by Hyper Crasher in round 1 of the bracket. He ultimately knocked me out at 17th. He also knocked out Ksev a couple rounds after he took me out.

Regardless, I need to be able to beat anyone who comes at me in a bracket, no matter how good or bad they are. This tourney threw me a curve ball by giving me a tough matchup early in bracket, so I need to stay on that practice grind to over come it in the future.

P.S. I did go 100% Fox outside of two matches where I went Mario; game 3 vs smasher (I'll have that set up in the video thread once its up; first two games are good Fox vs Mario matches to watch where both sides know the MU), and game 2 vs Katakiri when Fox didn't work. Still didn't help lol.

Last edited:

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
Erm, comgrats? No, for real though, that's pretty damn good. Question, though, how do you improve at a pro level?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I was gonna go to EVO until I realized I had to pay back my school fees :( I'll be stuck in Canada for a while until I get to go to Big House 5.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Would go to EVO if not for the ruleset and there's nothing else big enough to warrant me travelling over for a while. APEX is surprisingly cheap to fly to, though, so I'll try my hardest to be there next year. If I get a scholarship I might even be able to go to some other events like Paragon, who knows.

Out of interest, how do you guys practice? I've been getting more and more annoyed playing online and the lack of a local scene anywhere near where I live right now is really not helping my gameplay. I've been going into Training to make sure my AC Uairs and stuff are all on point still but if I'm going to spend time in training, I'd rather put that time into Melee/PM techskill. Online isn't the end of the world, though, I'm just being salty about it right now is all. What do you guys do?

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Get dem DEHF combos going!

I just practice online against mates, it's hard to find someone near your level to play against regularly though but if I find one I tend to be obnoxious and ask them once everyday if they are able to play, and then just a bunch of friendlies to get some experience, since the lobby is generally A LOT better than 4glory in terms of lag and delay.

ANTi said something among these lines "The way to improve is to constantly play guys around your level, and then move on when you can 2 stock them"

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
You guys just now made a Social thread?
Nah. They've had one since the fifth of April.

Hello, Fox social. o 3 o Recently picked up Fox, so yeah. Been lurking around.

You guys seem a bit on the slow side for socializing. .__.

Last edited:

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Would go to EVO if not for the ruleset and there's nothing else big enough to warrant me travelling over for a while. APEX is surprisingly cheap to fly to, though, so I'll try my hardest to be there next year. If I get a scholarship I might even be able to go to some other events like Paragon, who knows.
I hope you have a better time than I did if you go to Apex. I can't really recommend it to anyone though, not after the consecutive sequence of disasters the past one was. The tournament may have ran in the end, but a lot of extra spending happened due to relocation, extra food arrangements, etc.

Out of interest, how do you guys practice? I've been getting more and more annoyed playing online and the lack of a local scene anywhere near where I live right now is really not helping my gameplay. I've been going into Training to make sure my AC Uairs and stuff are all on point still but if I'm going to spend time in training, I'd rather put that time into Melee/PM techskill. Online isn't the end of the world, though, I'm just being salty about it right now is all. What do you guys do?
Is there a local scene in Ireland? Or what about anyone with online close to you? Playing through internet is fine with me as long as:
a) they live in the Greater Toronto Area, Michigan, or by Niagara Falls
b) they're using a wired connection

I usually go into training mode when I can't find anyone to play with online though and just practice movement though.

The main scene in Ontario is Toronto with smaller scenes around, one of them being my tiny city. I have to buy a $35 ticket just to go to Toronto, which believe me gets expensive when there are tourney fees, housing, and food to consider too, especially if I do it every weekend.

You guys seem a bit on the slow side for socializing. .__.
Ouuuch, out of context this sounds really mean ;)

I personally just don't have time to be on this board as much as I'd like to. School, work, irl friends and gf, rent to pay and food to buy. All these have become my life, and Smash sometimes is sacrificed as a result. I try to make it out to as much as possible in Toronto regardless.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I hope you have a better time than I did if you go to Apex. I can't really recommend it to anyone though, not after the consecutive sequence of disasters the past one was. The tournament may have ran in the end, but a lot of extra spending happened due to relocation, extra food arrangements, etc.
Ouch, yeah, that's fair enough. I generally feel that tournaments are made by the players and the games rather than the TOs, regardless of how poorly it ends up running and APEX is likely to have the biggest playerbase there just from name alone.

Is there a local scene in Ireland? Or what about anyone with online close to you? Playing through internet is fine with me as long as:
a) they live in the Greater Toronto Area, Michigan, or by Niagara Falls
b) they're using a wired connection

I usually go into training mode when I can't find anyone to play with online though and just practice movement though.

The main scene in Ontario is Toronto with smaller scenes around, one of them being my tiny city. I have to buy a $35 ticket just to go to Toronto, which believe me gets expensive when there are tourney fees, housing, and food to consider too, especially if I do it every weekend.
Problem is that I don't just live in Ireland with a small scene, I live in the middle of nowhere in Ireland so I have to travel several hours just for friendlies. I do play online friendlies with Irish guys fairly often but I always feel hampered by online compared to offline. Much harder to do follow ups and stuff with even a few frames of delay.

I definitely feel you regarding the travel, though... a bus to Belfast/Dublin is only around £20 but that **** adds up when you do it regularly.

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
I'm pretty close to you (Wales to be exact), so online shouldn't be too terrible. Though IK you don't prefer i, holla at me if you wanna go for a few matches

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Peach maybe my main but Fox will always be my second main and all time favorite Smash Bros character and he has a special place in my heart. Oh and here's a pic of him.
11080659_465026633656338_5353991218318972074_o.jpg

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
I'm pretty close to you (Wales to be exact), so online shouldn't be too terrible. Though IK you don't prefer i, holla at me if you wanna go for a few matches
A Welsh player, by the Gods. Don't suppose you're going to VSFighting? There's talks of having a "Four Nations" type event with Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales but Wales has like no players =[

I'd be up for games though, add me on Skype if you're interested in games - additionally, I'm setting up an EU Friendlies group on Skype so if you want in on that just say. Skype is "MrMarill".

Eripor

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eripor
A Welsh player, by the Gods. Don't suppose you're going to VSFighting? There's talks of having a "Four Nations" type event with Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales but Wales has like no players =[

I'd be up for games though, add me on Skype if you're interested in games - additionally, I'm setting up an EU Friendlies group on Skype so if you want in on that just say. Skype is "MrMarill".
Firstly, not a Welsh player, but rather a player IN Wales :/ Though I'll link the event to the Welsh Smash group on fb.

Secondly, done, added.

Top Bottom