• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) All my grudge is dead

TreK

Is "that guy"
Sup'

So, I'm a Brawl player. And as ou may know, our communities haven't really been getting along nicely these times.
As a reminder, my reaction to this drive, 2 weeks ago, was 'meh, I don't want brawl at EVO anyways'. When Melee players asked me for help, I was like 'great, another chance to prove my community is better than yours'.

Yup, I was a jerk.

But my grudge was not random. It was based on the few trolls, the vocal ones, that bashed my game and my friends when Brawl came out, but more importantly on all the guys, the vast majority, that did not held those trolls back. I never felt like the Melee community apologized for the misbehavior of some of their members.

Until now.

You guys have proven me wrong. You held the trolls back. You told every troll to STFU and did several threads telling people to keep it classy. You have proven me that you have changed, for the better. You guys are awesome.

And because of how well you guys behaved, I felt like I had to keep up with you. So I actually got involved in the drive. For the first time in 5 years, I put asside all my grudge against you, and fought in the name of Smash instead of Brawl.

Thank you, guys. You're awesome.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I'm glad that our communities are bridging the gaps between each other. Very good **** for donating to the EVO fund, it was an exciting night for all of us here =]

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Thanks dude, im glad that more people are starting to see that we are all Smash, instead of brawl/melee
:)

Life

Smash Hero
Sup'

So, I'm a Brawl player. And as ou may know, our communities haven't really been getting along nicely these times.
As a reminder, my reaction to this drive, 2 weeks ago, was 'meh, I don't want brawl at EVO anyways'. When Melee players asked me for help, I was like 'great, another chance to prove my community is better than yours'.

Yup, I was a jerk.

But my grudge was not random. It was based on the few trolls, the vocal ones, that bashed my game and my friends when Brawl came out, but more importantly on all the guys, the vast majority, that did not held those trolls back. I never felt like the Melee community apologized for the misbehavior of some of their members.

Until now.

You guys have proven me wrong. You held the trolls back. You told every troll to STFU and did several threads telling people to keep it classy. You have proven me that you have changed, for the better. You guys are awesome.

And because of how well you guys behaved, I felt like I had to keep up with you. So I actually got involved in the drive. For the first time in 5 years, I put asside all my grudge against you, and fought in the name of Smash instead of Brawl.

<3333333333

#oneunit

The difficult part will be keeping this up now that the mutual antagonist (that being everyone else who wants in EVO) is gone.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well said, even though only one game could get into EVO, to which Melee/Brawl/Skullgirls/ST all deserved the spot equally, only one could get in in the end. I hope that the division of the community can really start to heal in the advent of this coming together for a good cause in addition to the unveiling of Smash 4 later this year. It's a good time to be a Smash fan.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Man this forum is moist af now.

Don't get all kissy and cuddly now, we just used you for your money.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Sup'

Yup, I was a jerk.

Until now.

Next step : Attend French Melee tournaments?

TreK

Is "that guy"
J'ai essayé, pas moyen de me faire à la physique de Melee.
Sinon, je suis jamais au courant des tournois melee avant de trouver les vidéos sur youtube... Aucun contact entre les deux groupes sauf pour ceux qui vont le chercher, genre Yami. C'est con. T'sais si les TOs s'entendent bien, au moins ? Ca coûterait moins cher à tout le monde des events à deux jeux smash. Et on est pas habitués à voir des combos, alors on aura plein de hype à apporter :V
Don't get all kissy and cuddly now, we just used you for your money.
Ahh, I knew I should have donated to PS AllStars :awesome:

Mahie

Smash Lord
J'ai essayé, pas moyen de me faire à la physique de Melee.
Sinon, je suis jamais au courant des tournois melee avant de trouver les vidéos sur youtube... Aucun contact entre les deux groupes sauf pour ceux qui vont le chercher, genre Yami. C'est con. T'sais si les TOs s'entendent bien, au moins ? Ca coûterait moins cher à tout le monde des events à deux jeux smash. Et on est pas habitués à voir des combos, alors on aura plein de hype à apporter :V

Ahh, I knew I should have donated to PS AllStars :awesome:

A priori ouais je crois que la plupart des TO connaissent voire viennent de melee. Faut aller sur le cubeforum.fr / lefrenchmelee.fr pour tout ce qui est news/tournois.

Y'a quelques events avec les deux jeux comme les NML, dont on s'occupe avec Samplay, sur Lille, et on se rend compte qu'il y a pas mal de joueurs qui profitent de l'occasion pour faire les deux tournois, comme les Nassim, Yami, ou autres Acid.

On a aussi fait des crews brawl/melee avec les deux communautés et ça s'est toujours super bien passé.

Top Bottom