• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Confirmed Alternate Colors, Skins, and Costumes

What Alternate Costume do you want most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
We have seen quite a lot of The alterations for characters in this game. But I'm just gonna make a thread to just see all the ones we have confirmed and maybe even speculate on some others. Please comment any I missed
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Underline- Costume
Italic- Skin
Mario:
Fire Mario

Original Mario Bros Box-art Colors
Wario Colors
NES Open Tournament Golf

Luigi:
Orange and Black
Pink and Red
Blue

Bowser:
Black with Orange hair
Grey and yellow
Green Body Red hair and Bands

Rosalina:
Pink
Yellow
Green
Red and White

Yoshi:
Red
Blue
Yellow

DK:
Black
Red

Link:
Red
Blue
Yellow
SS Theme

Zelda:
Red
Sky Blue
Blonde and Violet

Shiek:
Red
Blue
Purple

Toon Link:
Red
Blue
Purple

Kirby:
Yelow
Blue
Red

Pit:
Yellow
Red
Orange

Samus:
Fusion
Brown and Grey
Light Suit

Little Mac:
Yellow
White
Red, White and Blue
Wire Frame (Cell Shaded)
Pink Sweatsuit

Fox:
Black
Red
Green

Pikachu:
Reds Cap
Brendens Band
Goggles

Greninja:
Red
Pink
Black and Orange (NOT SHINY)

Villager:
Girl (Pink)
Boy (Yellow)
Girl (Green)

WFT:
Green
Male
Male Green

Sonic:
Purple tint with Emerald Bands
Silver Scheme

Light Blue

Marth:
Red
Green
Black

Megaman:
Red
Metal Man
Wood Man

ZeroSuitSamus:
Black
Red

Olimar:
Red
Green
Grey

Captain Falcon:
Gold​

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I was actually in the process of recoloring all the known character colors for my Deviantart page. I will post all the ones I do here if people are interested. I only have Rosalina and Link done so far but I plan on doing more.

The following costumes are not confirmed and may not show up at all, but I did them anyways.

Some of the colors are hard to see or have been changed in the demo so I am either basing what I can't see off brawl colors or leaving them default. I will continue to add characters here when I find time to finish them.
Recently added:
Black Shulk - August 4th
Toon Link, Sheik, Little Mac, and Blue Pit - July 21st
Hooded Robin - July 20th
Hyrule Warriors Link - July 19th
Golf Mario Costume, Gold Link, Gold Captain Falcon, Green Captain Falcon - July 17th

Last edited:

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I was actually in the process of recoloring all the known character colors for my Deviantart page. I will post all the ones I do here if people are interested. I only have Rosalina and Link done so far but I plan on doing more.

That Skyward Link... You're doing the work of all things good, keep it up!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus also has a full dark blue outfit instead of it just being trim.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Can the OP add screenshots to these? It'd be nice to have them just to prevent misinformation.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Edit: Finished up Greninja, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Kirby, Marth, and Pit.
I love the new bubblegum mario scheme

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

Edit: Finished up Greninja, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Kirby, Marth, and Pit.
Yellow Mario's shoes are green, right?

Unless they changed that...

EDIT: So are Yellow Yoshi's.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
So that Teal and Pink mario palette is based off of his colors on the boxart of the original mario bros.

Didn't Wario have the same colors in Brawl?
Also, based on this boxart, the Luigi Death Stare has been around for awhile.

Last edited:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I really want Zelda to have her look from Hyrule Warriors as an alt costume. The design is similar enough to have the same hurt boxes without confusion. Plus the design is already a cross between Twillight Princess and Skyward Sword so it wouldn't look really different like SS's would alongside TP.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Whoa, wait, Samus has a Fusion Suit costume!? Where'd you find this? Or is is just the recoloring from Brawl?

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
Guys... What if the 3ds version had less Costumes.. Like Wire Frame and Male WFT arent in the demo

EDIT: Nevermind... MWFT was in the demo... And Wire Frame wasnt in PERIOD

Last edited:

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11

Edit: Finished up Greninja, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Yoshi, Kirby, Marth, Pit, and Samus.
Fixed Yoshi and Mario. Some of the colors are hard to see or have been changed in the demo so I am either basing what I can't see off brawl colors or leaving them default.
Amazing job! Don't forget link's purple color swap though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
SS Zelda or Dry Bowser...although something came to my mind, with Mac having both the Wireframe costume and the Pink Hoodie, wouldn't it be a cool concept to have every character have both a 'casual' and 'fighter' alternate costume? Like Bowser could have the tuxedo from Super Paper Mario as a 'casual' costume and Dry Bowser as a 'fighter' costume (Don't try to deny how awesome it would be to fight with Bowser on a tuxedo). Link could be Skyward Link for casual and maybe Fierce Deity for fighter? Mr. Game & Watch could have a little bowtie on his neck for his 'casual' costume and maybe a G&W model with the eyes for the 'fighter' costume.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm with the majority and would like a Dr. Mario alt costume for Mario this time around. I love all the alt costumes are are getting!

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
I hope Sakurai continues to reveal costumes more often in PotDs

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think today's costume also reveals alternate entrances. I mean, Little Mac's entrance is taking off his pink sweatshirt, so it would be extremely weird to have him take off his pink sweatshirt and have another pink sweatshirt underneath xD. So my theory is that costume probably has a different entrance.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I think today's costume also reveals alternate entrances. I mean, Little Mac's entrance is taking off his pink sweatshirt, so it would be extremely weird to have him take off his pink sweatshirt and have another pink sweatshirt underneath xD. So my theory is that costume probably has a different entrance.
Says you, I think it would be freaking hilarious. He takes it off and psyches everyone out. Then he proceeds to dash dance out of the stage with a top hat.

Khao

Smash Lord
Doctor Mario's a must! It's simply the best way to bring it back, while keeping the roster free of filler characters at the same time.

At the same time, I don't like the idea of changing a character into a completely different one through costumes too much, you know, like Lucina or Protoman. Wouldn't really mind it happening too much either way, but it just doesn't seem worth it somehow.

Also, for Little Mac's entrance while wearing the Pink hood.

It should be the same, he throws the thing out and stuff, except instead of jumping into the stage, he jumps outside of the stage and the pink costume grows a Little Mac from the inside and that's what you're playing as. Fwam, instant good idea.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Doctor Mario's a must! It's simply the best way to bring it back, while keeping the roster free of filler characters at the same time.

At the same time, I don't like the idea of changing a character into a completely different one through costumes too much, you know, like Lucina or Protoman. Wouldn't really mind it happening too much either way, but it just doesn't seem worth it somehow.
I agree with this 100%. It would feel weird playing as a completely different character without playing a different character. But at the same time, if we get them... I wouldn't really mind I guess? It just doesn't feel right...

Mark Helsing

Smash Rookie

Yet another costume shown this week. I hope this'll be the week of alternate costumes and will lead up to a big super surprise costume. Dr. Mario? Daisy? Who knows, but I'm ready.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Nice! That looks like a reverse coloring for Firepower Rosalina without the ponytail. I will color that up today sometime :)

Edit: Couldn't wait so I did the colors already lol. Gonna go ahead and stick it in my original post with all the other colored stuff. People in other threads have commented that Rosalina resembles the White Mage from the Mario spinoff series, so I am just gonna call this one White Mage for now.

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Do we have Samus and Mario's new color schemes coming?

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
'Murica Mario. Don't forget it.

EDIT: Also, give Mega Man his weapon names for the sake of accuracy and reference.
Red - Rush Coil
Green - Leaf Shield
Brown - Metal Blade

Last edited:

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
We have seen quite a lot of The alterations for characters in this game. But I'm just gonna make a thread to just see all the ones we have confirmed and maybe even speculate on some others. Please comment any I missed
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Underline- Costume
Italic- Skin
Mario:
Fire Mario

Original Mario Bros Box-art Colors
Wario Colors
NES Open Tournament Golf
Luigi:
Orange and Black
Pink and Red
Blue

Bowser:
Black with Orange hair
Grey and yellow
Green Body Red hair and Bands

Rosalina:
Pink
Yellow
Green
Red and White

Yoshi:
Red
Blue
Yellow

DK:
Black
Red

Link:
Red
Blue
Yellow
SS Theme

Zelda:
Red
Sky Blue
Blonde and Violet

Shiek:
Red
Blue
Purple

Toon Link:
Red
Blue
Purple

Kirby:
Yelow
Blue
Red

Pit:
Yellow
Red
Orange

Samus:
Fusion
Brown and Grey
Light Suit

Little Mac:
Yellow
White
Red, White and Blue
Wire Frame (Cell Shaded)
Pink Sweatsuit

Fox:
Black
Red
Green

Pikachu:
Reds Cap
Brendens Band
Goggles

Greninja:
Red
Pink
Black and Orange (NOT SHINY)

Villager:
Girl (Pink)
Boy (Yellow)
Girl (Green)

WFT:
Green
Male
Male Green

Sonic:
Purple tint with Emerald Bands
Silver Scheme

Light Blue

Marth:
Red
Green
Black

Megaman:
Red
Metal Man
Wood Man

ZeroSuitSamus:
Black
Red

Olimar:
Red
Green
Grey

Captain Falcon:
Gold​
Im Back

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
You need to add the second post into the OP for reference. What you have is messy and unorganized. It would be much appreciated.

Also, Robin has her male counter part, so those are two costumes.

And Lucina has her mask.

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat
You need to add the second post into the OP for reference. What you have is messy and unorganized. It would be much appreciated.

Also, Robin has her male counter part, so those are two costumes.

And Lucina has her mask.
the mask was never confirmed to be an alternate

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
the mask was never confirmed to be an alternate
Oh please. The picture is shown on her official page, and you honestly expect her identity for almost half a game wouldn't be usable? ESPECIALLY since she's a clone of Marth?

It's either an alternate, her entry, or a taunt. Take your pick. If its not an alternate that's definitely a waste of a model.

EDIT: Actually, yes it is confirmed. It's an on/off trigger taunt.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-drain-health-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh please. The picture is shown on her official page, and you honestly expect her identity for almost half a game wouldn't be usable? ESPECIALLY since she's a clone of Marth?

It's either an alternate, her entry, or a taunt. Take your pick. If its not an alternate that's definitely a waste of a model.

EDIT: Actually, yes it is confirmed. It's an on/off trigger taunt.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-drain-health-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/
But what about her Kimono as her alternate costume? Since we don't get her Mask as an alternate costume. I know the Mask not being an alternate costume seems to be more of a waste, but it makes for a great trolling purpose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom