• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Confirmed Alternate Colors, Skins, and Costumes

What Alternate Costume do you want most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Oh please. The picture is shown on her official page, and you honestly expect her identity for almost half a game wouldn't be usable? ESPECIALLY since she's a clone of Marth?

It's either an alternate, her entry, or a taunt. Take your pick. If its not an alternate that's definitely a waste of a model.

EDIT: Actually, yes it is confirmed. It's an on/off trigger taunt.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...-drain-health-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/
This makes my day, I wanted the mask sure, but I always thought a toggle option (Easiest way obviously done through taunting) would be fun for Smash. I hope the feature is used more through Smash 4/5. Hatless mario?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
My most wanted costumes are Outset Link, SS Zelda, Toon Ganondorf (A pipe dream, we'll get OoT before him), Mr. L, Tuxedo Bowser, Classic Sonic, Helmetless Megaman and PED Samus with Phaazon Particle effects.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Who is this on the right? Is it an alternate costume for Lucina? She looks so much different, but has the same sword.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Chrom. When Robin uses his final smash Chrom comes out and they do a tag team combo. It's shown in the reveal video and looked pretty cool.

Last edited:

PTSD Espurr

Smash Cadet
With the new character customization options, I'm really hoping for the ability to customize the appearance of Robin, similar to in Awakening. I mean, it doesn't have to be as in depth as it was in Awakening, but maybe customizable hair colors and even hairstyles would be really cool.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
With the new character customization options, I'm really hoping for the ability to customize the appearance of Robin, similar to in Awakening. I mean, it doesn't have to be as in depth as it was in Awakening, but maybe customizable hair color and even hairstyle would be really cool.
I imagine he/she will turn out like the Villager and have a bunch of preset costumes rather than full on customization options :/

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
DK has a blue recolor. Also Zero Suit Samus has a darker blue recolor as well.

#2bluforu #bluhoo #blumeaway #whatamisaying

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
DK has a blue recolor. Also Zero Suit Samus has a darker blue recolor as well.

#2bluforu #bluhoo #blumeaway #whatamisaying
I guess that means that if everyone in the demo had four colors, Yeti Kong has yet to be seen.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Yep. Hopefully it's Super Kong with a blue tie. But he will forever be known as Yeti Kong regardless.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
I just hope for the Villagers (majestic) viking helmet to be a costume. Oh and Proto Man too.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Apparently Lucina was originally an alt costume for Marth, but a character got cut and Sakurai didn't want the roster to go down, so he changed Lucina just enough to make her a different character, but that now means that it is possible for characters to have alt costumes of different characters with identical gameplay. Do you think we'd see any characters that take advantage of that?

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I want the light blue Captain Falcon color with the golden shoulderpad and the white scarf from Brawl. That was literally my favorite costume in the game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Apparently Lucina was originally an alt costume for Marth, but a character got cut and Sakurai didn't want the roster to go down, so he changed Lucina just enough to make her a different character, but that now means that it is possible for characters to have alt costumes of different characters with identical gameplay. Do you think we'd see any characters that take advantage of that?
This part is thus far untrue, because the original "translation" that stated it said a character had been cut turned out to be a lie. What was said basically was that they had some extra time, and he felt like she worked better as her own character.

More to your actual point! I think it's 100% guaranteed we'll see Pittoo (Dark Pit) as an alt skin for Pit, with a different voice. I mean, Antonio Del Rio is already doing the voice for Pit, why not just ask him to do the lines as Dark Pit too while he's at it?

I also think Pikmin 3 protagonists like Louie and Alph have a good chance.

icecreamlights

Smash Cadet
I really want Zelda to have her look from Hyrule Warriors as an alt costume. The design is similar enough to have the same hurt boxes without confusion. Plus the design is already a cross between Twillight Princess and Skyward Sword so it wouldn't look really different like SS's would alongside TP.
I agree completely! I really hope she gets that look! If it's not one of the costumes, I hope it's at least DLC. >_<

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
More to your actual point! I think it's 100% guaranteed we'll see Pittoo (Dark Pit) as an alt skin for Pit, with a different voice. I mean, Antonio Del Rio is already doing the voice for Pit, why not just ask him to do the lines as Dark Pit too while he's at it?

I also think Pikmin 3 protagonists like Louie and Alph have a good chance.
Definitely! My hope was for perhaps Tails as an alt Sonic costume, since their moves were identical when Tails was first introduced in Sonic 2.

Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi are also a possibility.

I could see Pac-Man getting his modern look.

Definitely see the Louie, Alph, Brittany and Charlie costumes though. Would be a shame to miss them.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
A few of these are wrong. Pit doesn't have an orange costume. The one you think is orange is actually his green costume.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
I'm sort of confused on this alt skin/costume thing. So let's say Dark Pit is an alt. skin for Pit, will Dark Pit's name appear and be announced on the select screen when picked and HUD? Or will he still be considered Pit on the HUD and such? Wouldn't that also mean only person can play as "Dark Pit" while others can only utilize regular Pit?

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I'm sort of confused on this alt skin/costume thing. So let's say Dark Pit is an alt. skin for Pit, will Dark Pit's name appear and be announced on the select screen when picked and HUD? Or will he still be considered Pit on the HUD and such? Wouldn't that also mean only person can play as "Dark Pit" while others can only utilize regular Pit?
I would think with Smash 4 that they would put Dark Pit as his name. Sakurai has stated that there is the possibility of alt costumes being completely different characters.

ZeldaPlayer87

Smash Journeyman
What I want to see:
Mario > Dr. Mario
Peach > Daisy
Pit > Dark Pit
Pikachu > Pichu
Zelda > Toon Zelda
Marth > Roy
Captain Falcon > Black Shadow

I'm not sure how I feel about Olimar getting an alt, but what I would like to see is give him an alt and make Alph a separate character with Rock Pikmin.

Top Bottom