• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Guys Runescape is so hax lololololololol.

No really, what is this tourny you guys are talking about?
On the 29th (Tuesday) at my house. 1PM2PM until whenever. I don't care if you show up early, just don't show up between 11 and 12 because I won't be there and don't want to make people answer the door. Show up before 11 and you can just chill with Calgary people

EDIT: IT'S NOW AT 2! SHOW UP AT 1 IF YOU WANT THOUGH

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
On the 29th (Tuesday) at my house. 1PM2PM until whenever. I don't care if you show up early, just don't show up between 11 and 12 because I won't be there and don't want to make people answer the door. Show up before 11 and you can just chill with Calgary people

EDIT: IT'S NOW AT 2! SHOW UP AT 1 IF YOU WANT THOUGH
You confuse me. Why not just say show up at 1 lol.

SOMEONE PLAY MELEE WITH EM TOMORROW.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol ehsians only has victor and i.

and sometimes matt, depending where he is on his intensely flucuating skill level.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I wouldn't mind ehsians vs wehsians

Matt, Tyson, Myself, David vs Carl, Dan, Stevo, Mike.

GG.

we lose

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I could tell you how, but you might ban me

hurr hurr

actually you just download dolphin off their main site, then download a melee rom. you have to have a good computer to run it though, but it's amazing. you can even play online via netplay. the graphics are smoother and more crisp than when you play it on a TV. and there are literally no loading times, like when you select a stage or after you finish a match.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i know that, but I heard you needed a really really good computer to run it well. Your new computer must ****.

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I think I might need to move up from ssb to ssbm. I never knew there was netplay for ssbm. I'm sure my computer can handle it

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
well idk man .. it kinda kills the idea when you handicap teams.. I mean numbers wise. you guys are welcome to do what ever you want with your own tournaments. I mean who am I do tell you hat to do. but the idea have is doing some 5 on 5's for a few games. Not really interested in doing lie 3 vs 6 or anything like that.

I am panning for a big tournament in feb, looking into doing some starter pots and having a setup of games as such

brawl
sf4
tekken 6
melee

I'd like to get as many people to come as possible LOL but we'll see what happens i'm hoping allot of people come out to it

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hmm feb? Give more notice man, if there is a good starter pot, I am sure we can attract a lot of good OoP players and maybe even some americans.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
nice shiro! Yeah, we can do a solid crew with no handicaps. I guess it'll depend on how many players Calgary wants to use.

But that's pretty cool bro. Hype. <3

edit: Oh ****, yeah what Luke said. I'm sure it'll attract a lot of people locally, but if you have it another month, I'm sure you can get OoP players as well. I know pkm and probably Kage would come, and most of BC too.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
yeah it's still in the working stages for resource allocation lol but it works fine on my compy

my compy's specs are like

4 gb ddr3 ram
intel core i5 (4 cores) @ 2.66 GHz per core
some ATI video card (I don't know what it is atm but I know that it's really good)
windows 7 professional 64-bit
some 64 bit ddr3 motherboard. I think it's intel or asus? not sure

**** has like 12 usb ports too LOL

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Hmm feb? Give more notice man, if there is a good starter pot, I am sure we can attract a lot of good OoP players and maybe even some americans.
nice shiro! Yeah, we can do a solid crew with no handicaps. I guess it'll depend on how many players Calgary wants to use.

But that's pretty cool bro. Hype. <3

edit: Oh ****, yeah what Luke said. I'm sure it'll attract a lot of people locally, but if you have it another month, I'm sure you can get OoP players as well. I know pkm and probably Kage would come, and most of BC too.
Here sthe thing we have wcc3 set for may this tournament set for feb and we have one in april with pgl we can't really do lke THIS many tounaments as well as doing the melee monthlies and what not. It's just too much **** going down at once lol.

Plus we want it to be big locally?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
it mainly depends on ur graphics card >.>

with other things being at moderately fine.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Here sthe thing we have wcc3 set for may this tournament set for feb and we have one in april with pgl we can't really do lke THIS many tounaments as well as doing the melee monthlies and what not. It's just too much **** going down at once lol.

Plus we want it to be big locally?
Oh, I was under the impression you were talking about wcc3. Okay, well I guess that would be fine. Get the thread up soon though, I am sure there will be a couple of people who will come up to play (sask probably).

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
NO ONE PLAYS BLAZBLUE including you. i mean we did like 3 or 4 tournaments and offered 100 doller starter pot and it only got 10 people.

alphicans i will make a thread when i rent the hall out

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is out by then, don't include it as a tournament, but have a station for one or two of them so people can try it out. If it catches on, it can be used in tourneys too! I'm hoping to get a competitive scene flowing for that one too.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
No.

Also, I think it would be wise for everyone to bring an extra $5 to BeebleOshiiii to pitch for pizza or whatever you want because I'm sure as hell not feeding 20 people lol.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
If Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is out by then, don't include it as a tournament, but have a station for one or two of them so people can try it out. If it catches on, it can be used in tourneys too! I'm hoping to get a competitive scene flowing for that one too.
More than willing to help you with that. If you want a god place to start head over to edmontongamers.com thats where most of the sf players are anyways

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
yeah it's still in the working stages for resource allocation lol but it works fine on my compy

my compy's specs are like

4 gb ddr3 ram
intel core i5 (4 cores) @ 2.66 GHz per core
some ATI video card (I don't know what it is atm but I know that it's really good)
windows 7 professional 64-bit
some 64 bit ddr3 motherboard. I think it's intel or asus? not sure

**** has like 12 usb ports too LOL
You should OC that biznatch if it's asus! I'm stuck with a dell MB and the BIOS doesn't have any advanced settings. I can't even tweak my RAM so the other half works.

Edit: PM me for my IP so we can play

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
You should OC that biznatch if it's asus! I'm stuck with a dell MB and the BIOS doesn't have any advanced settings. I can't even tweak my RAM so the other half works.

Edit: PM me for my IP so we can play
I don't have a gamecube controller hooked up yet so I'd have to use the ****ty keyboard lol

yeah my old computer was dell, they lock it so you can't OS. but I don't really need to os; 2.67 x 4 = 10.68 GHz of power with 8 MB cache.

also, I will cry if calgary can't make it tomorrow. =(

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a gamecube controller hooked up yet so I'd have to use the ****ty keyboard lol

yeah my old computer was dell, they lock it so you can't OS. but I don't really need to os; 2.67 x 4 = 10.68 GHz of power with 8 MB cache.

also, I will cry if calgary can't make it tomorrow. =(
If you have a 360 controller they are already preconfigured. I just bought a wired one 2 days ago (for ssb).

Sucks, that there's no browser for kaillera so you can't join servers like n64 version.

Also melee looks delicious in 1640x1050 (I have a low-res monitor) with full AA and full antistropic filtering.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
oh white people and their specs.
Calgary you have until tonight to find a car! Someone you know must have one you can borrow!

Top Bottom