• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Spin-Dash

Smash Journeyman
That's because they don't give two flying craps about the bickering that we here in Alberta do over the games. Why can't we just play?

That's a rhetorical question, by the way.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Falco is more OP than MK IMO.

****ing chaingrab.
wtf? His chaingrab only lasts till like 40% on the characters he can CG. He can't even 0-death it, unless the opponent DI's bad when getting spiked, or doesn't react at all. Other than his CG, he's good but he doesn't have the same pressure has MK

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Why the
are you guys talking about Brawl?
Lol, I was reading through all the brawl spam and the entire time I was thinking exactly this. Especially when there are no smashfest dates set yet. WTF. GET HYPE BITCHES!

PS. Luv ya levi. Come to Edmonton while I'm here.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** what'd I start. LOL

I still intend to have both Melee/Brawl at any possible tourney, so yall can stop with the **** waving.

I'd host smashfests if I could, but my place is in no way set up for even a one-tv deal :(

edit: on the topic of bans, I'm not sure. If I do decide to ban something, I'd probably ban MK and infinite grabs. Falco's chaingrab is ok, DDD's grabs are ok except for his standing chaingrabs that he can do on like 5 characters. And I'm not banning wall infinites because they're not hard to avoid given a good stage list and use of bans. Or just staying away from the **** walls. I'm thinking of corneria specifically - if you don't want to risk getting infinited then don't go below the fin.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Levi, do you know the days you're going for by the way?

Cause I'd hate if you left during the potential day of my birthday party.

Seeing as though it's like the first legit PARTY I've ever had for my brithday, if it happens I'd like you to come =[

besides you'd be the only one who everyone knows other than me.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
OH. Speaking of birthdays, mine's on the 23rd. Anyone who can drive, come give me a visit =D We'll smash and stuff.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace

I still intend to have both Melee/Brawl at any possible tourney, so yall can stop with the **** waving.

I'd host smashfests if I could, but my place is in no way set up for even a one-tv deal :(

edit: on the topic of bans, I'm not sure. If I do decide to ban something, I'd probably ban MK and infinite grabs. Falco's chaingrab is ok, DDD's grabs are ok except for his standing chaingrabs that he can do on like 5 characters. And I'm not banning wall infinites because they're not hard to avoid given a good stage list and use of bans. Or just staying away from the **** walls. I'm thinking of corneria specifically - if you don't want to risk getting infinited then don't go below the fin.
Marth should be able to chaingrab 3-5 times on Ness, Lucas and Squirtle, just because it's a CHAINGRAB LOL BECAUSE I'M NOT GONNA THROW U ACROSS THE STAGE AND DOWN TILT YOU AND SHIIIET

SAEM STUFF GUYS LIEK DDD HAHAHAH.

YES.

Tyson651

Smash Lord

except when ddd is sitting there ahead of u in stocks/percent and the timer is gonna make u lose.

hence why i dont like brawl :)

edit:

and japman: it depends on how my work schedule is, if i have sat/sun off, then i would need to get home not too late on sun. if all goes well, i can go.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Spoilers: He will.
Mario ditto. Again.

Hay gusy.
How many people would be interested in a potential tournament in January/February/March?
I'd just to see a good number of people before I even make a thread lol.
People in university don't have final exams till April, (unless they're on Co-op work term like Tyson) and midterms aren't really that big of a deal. People in high school have finals mid January I believe.

And where would this be? I'm assuming Calgary?

But I would be interested in going.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Brawl is such a camp fest. which is why i dont like it.
Half the characters are only playable if you camp like a bish, and the other half pretty much suck brawls.
then you have a couple characters *cough* MK *cough* who can actually put pressure.

The only combos in brawl are broken ones.

I dont know why you would play brawl if you have melee. And i dont know why you wouldnt have melee if you dont live in a box under a bridge in Zimbabwe

Levi5

Smash Ace
Levi, do you know the days you're going for by the way? Cause I'd hate if you left during the potential day of my birthday party. Seeing as though it's like the first legit PARTY I've ever had for my brithday, if it happens I'd like you to come =[. Besides you'd be the only one who everyone knows other than me.
Who's everyone? When is it? I might be out, soz.

God**** I just read the "Cast4 Videos" thread on the Tournament Results. The ****ing NeighbourhoodP guy is a ****ing ******. Makes me rage.
That's why he's there :p. Just put him on your ignore list. Marf ditto + mo' friendlies.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Beeble Enters Edmonton By Levitating Boat

SHAMELESS COPYPASTA

** Also, the title of this post should not be an acronym for BEEBLB. oops. THREE E's! Do you know how hard it is to come up with a crafty acronym using BEEBLE? It's impossible!

BEEBLE OSHII

TOURNAMENT INFORMATION

WHEN & WHERE?

Sunday December 28 @ 1:00 pm

10808 18 ave NW, Edmonton Alberta Canada.

EVENTS:
Melee singles $2 ***BUDGET PRICE***
Melee doubles $4/team ***DO TEAMS***

Why entry fees? So there can be a prize. I don't intend this to be a super serious event. If that were the case, I'd have a larger venue rented out or something. This is still a tourney though, so... yeah, entry fees. Also, Mike W. gets $0.50 off for both entry fees.
Bring setups. They won't get you a Mike W. discount, but I will love and admire you from ages unto ages if you do. And you want that.

THE SCHEDULE
Sunday December 28/08

Doubles Registration/Friendlies 12:30pm
Doubles 1:00pm-3:00pm
Singles Registration/Friendlies 3:30pm
Doubles 4:00pm-Finish.
Mad friendlies afterwards. Everyone should have at least one set with everyone else. I don't want to see any "omg ur kewl but we nevah really playd eachother." None of those shenanigans.

Ehsians (representatives) vs. Everyone Else crew battle??
Also, I'll challenge anyone to a $2.00 Bonus MM. Yoshi's Story, 4 mins.

The full bracket will be available for participant view at all times. Please make good use of this and check often to see your position and upcoming matches. Make sure you report your matches as well.

IMPORTANT - 3 TVs, 1 Wii. Really, I just need a couple people to bring Cubes/Wiis. If you really want, bring a TV as well. One of my screens isn't the most fantastic for smash.

THE RULES

ALLOWED/RANDOM STAGES:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi’s story
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams (except for Doubles)

COUNTERPICKS:
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City (except for Doubles)
Poke Floats
Rainbow Cruise

BANNED:
Everything else.

FORMAT:
-Double elimination bracket.
-4 Stock.
-No items.
-8 Minute time limit.
-Matches are best of 3 games, except for winners bracket final, losers bracket final, and grand finals which are best of 5.
-First game is on random stage, unless players come to a consensus within the allowed stages.
-Double blind pick may be called by either player/team during any first game of any set (a third party will be told each competitor's character selection) to avoid counter-picking
-Advanced slob picks
-Dave's stupid rule. Daves stupid rule does not apply in best of 5 situations during the winners finals, losers finals, and championship match.
-Pausing other than in the event of an emergency or by accident (at opponent's discretion) will result in a loss for that particular game.

Doubles rules same as above, as well as:
-Team attack ON
-SHARE STOCKKKKKKKK allowed

BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! I don't have very many, and they're not the greatest controllers. If you can't bring one (or forget), then borrow someone else's.

PRIZES

All event prizes will be distributed as follows:

First place - 60% of pot
Second place - 30% of pot
Third place - 10% of pot

Say we get 16 participants for singles.

$31.50 pot
1st - $18.90 prize
2nd - $9.45 prize
3rd - $3.15 prize

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I am so coming to this. Jack or Luke, can Andrew and I get a ride from one of you guys? The two of us will wreck face. >=D

kithkin

Smash Champion
Who's everyone? When is it? I might be out, soz.

Mostly just some of the smashers + the crew. (The problem is it's apparently supposed to be a surprise or something for me, or rather, I'm not allowed in the planning, so you might have to provide Ainsley with some info for me, if you don't mind.)

I don't really play smash anymore but I'll come.

P.S. 1,000th post I quit smashboards too bye.
Failure, 1001 flower pots.

Top Bottom