• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

kithkin

Smash Champion
wait, a toonlink beat my metaknight?

I can only remember playing chads, and I believe I won, although I dont really care I just dont remember.

and since you said it, one out of 50?

Your toon link didnt wreck me, your lucario did >.>

spindash

Smash Ace
wait, a toonlink beat my metaknight?

I can only remember playing chads, and I believe I won, although I dont really care I just dont remember.

and since you said it, one out of 50?

Your toon link didnt wreck me, your lucario did >.>
Overexageration (forgive me for butchering that word if I did. XD), if anything. I've gotten the one up a few times over his Toon Link but over all he's been the victor (LOL).

Pokémon Trainer's a great counter against Toon though, and same goes for Marth in my opinion. Granted that last night I just three stocked him.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Lukes Toon Link seems better than his Lucario after watching him play Andy last night imo.

spindash

Smash Ace
Lukes Toon Link seems better than his Lucario after watching him play Andy last night imo.
Agreed. His Toon Link is absolutely sick. He knows how to handle and control the stage well with his projectile game but can handle up close situations well with the character. Lucario is easier for me to approach and defeat, I've found, in Luke's hands.

I can see Luke being the T.Link buff of Alberta if he keeps it up like this.

[EDIT]

Granted Luke's been maining Young Link in Melee and Toon Link feels like his past carnation on steroids and crack at the same time, I can see how easy it is for him to fit into the character. :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
well if he added me back then sure we can T.link ditto it out, but ditto's aren't always accurate on who is better, we would have to see who wins more against more variety of ppl.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
You guys should duke it out! But on the same wii though, wifi's just for fun. I think I've only played Alphican once at C.A.S.T. 3, and I remember him having a very good young link, but Chad's link was getting really good in melee the last couple of times I played with him, and I know how much Chad loves his projectiles and trajectory calculations. I think this would be a really good MM, maybe at Carl's tournament?

spindash

Smash Ace
You guys should duke it out! But on the same wii though, wifi's just for fun. I think I've only played Alphican once at C.A.S.T. 3, and I remember him having a very good young link, but Chad's link was getting really good in melee the last couple of times I played with him, and I know how much Chad loves his projectiles and trajectory calculations. I think this would be a really good MM, maybe at Carl's tournament?
Agreed. That'd be a match to see.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Way to drag me into this. :p

But yah! I'll be happy to play a few rounds with the best Young Link in Alberta. It'll be neat to see how two different link players have learned Toon Link independently.

I'm still trying to relearn my spamming patterns, as things have changed alot. Since I can throw bombs right past my boomerang without interference and I now have a longer range bow with a different path, it changes things considerably.

I'll be interested to see what you've discovered with Toon Link.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
k wow u were thinking the exact same thing about the bomb and boomerrang! honestly everytime i am scared to throw my bomb cause I think it will blow up in my face. I am assuming you know about the intense arrow spam T.link posses along with the bomb arrow techniques. But personally i think his greatest strenght is his improved melee game. With that said add me and lets play.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the games, Alphican! You have the arrow spam down far better than I do, plus you seem to shoot them faster than I can somehow. I got a few lucky breaks, but I think if we met in person without any lag, you may prevail against my T.Link.
I almost feel bad for playing my Olimar the way I do, but man... he's the king of spam. And his sacrificial pikmen shutdown other people's spam.
I didn't know until our match that you can't throw bombs with pikmen attached to you without blowing yourself up. Plus, the pikmen seem to cancel any projectile.

I guess the little guy needs something to makeup for his gimpable recovery...

Again, thanks for the matches! I hope to play your T.Link in person one day.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Jesus olimar is untouchable!!! seriously the pikmin wall is unbreakable. But i am gonna find a way to get around it, and then launch you off the edge so you can't get back up ;). GG's

spindash

Smash Ace
Luke hath sent me in your direction Chad, saying I should play you. XD

I've rocked every Olimar I've come across so far, but something tells me I'm in for one heck of a Pikmin wall this time if you were giving Luke some serious troubles. XD He even guaranteed me that I'd end up being pissed off by the time we are done with playing. Sounds like fun. :laugh:

What do ya say? You up for some Brawlin'? 1762-2372-5291

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
I just wish the online was setup a bit better. I can see people online, but I can't invite them to a game. All you can do is make a room and hope somebody joins. You can't even play 1v1 locally while you wait. The best you get is beating up on Mr. Sandbag while listening to the same music over and over.

Yah, Spindash! I've added you, look forward to playing 'ya. I feel bad that may playstyle would make people upset, but I guess that's how Olimar needs to be played. Spamtastic!

spindash

Smash Ace
Awesome friendlies, Chad. You weren't kidding. Olimar was pretty tough. XD! The best one I've played yet! ^^ Not to mention the Free for Alls were funny and awesome.

Jiggs. Rest. Missing? And there's an Ike nearby. >_> You can piece it together. That was just priceless. Good games, good games. I hope to see you around a tournament in the near future. Our connection online was good without much lag but it doesn't compare to the real deal.

DJT? Way to keep it real with Fox, man! XD I had a lot of fun playin' ya. Who is this "LOL" that you speak of that I played before I threw in the towel? :p Haha. Good times man, good times. I can't wait to play you in person again.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
GGs Chad and Spindash. Sorry for barging in on ya like that but you guys hadn't started the game for a while so I figured I'd join.

That LOL was just me saying lol because I hadn't assigned it to my taunts yet. That was really great playing you again spindash you have an awesome sonic. Hope to see you at a tournament sometime.

As for you Chad: GRRRRRRRR!! those pikmin were just unstoppable, I have to play you in person sometime soon. And who is LUN? Is that your roommate?

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Yah, Lun is my roommate. He's trying to get back into Smash, since he actually stands a chance against you guys now. New game, new playing field.

As your name would suggest, Spindash, your Sonic is awesome. I've never gotten the hang of attacking after his up-b, it's just too fast, but you seem to nail his u-airs all the time. It seems like Sonic is a good Olimar counter since alot of him moves surrounds him in hitboxes so he can easily shake off the pikmen. He can easily close the gap and pressure Olimar so much that he has a hard time pulling more pikmen.
Good matches!

DJT: We need to do some 1v1s! The free-for-alls where **** fun though! It was halarious when Lunfir and I both picked Ike and you two, unaware of eachother's selections, picked Marth. :p
Theme fights ftw!

Online works well enough we you get it going, but ****, you almost need to phone up the person you want to play with.
Shouldm't have to be that way.

Top Bottom