• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol ahtches, I get it.

K so srsly, I need the god**** link levi, or anyone, cause otherwise we arnt getting a ride back.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
yo sup guys, copypasta down your throat, all the info in the announcements on home page:

some BAD DUDE hackzords through smashboards and got a list of e-mails and stuff. the power admin would like you to consider changing your passwords. actually you should. read below.

Superman said:
One, the individual in question sent out an email blast to a number of users that contained a message advertising his site. He also obtained a list of members' email addresses, but claims that he will delete it. We also have reason to believe that this individual may have obtained some potentially sensitive information from our database. I recommend that any users who may have supplied some sensitive information via threads, posts, or PMs (such as usernames or passwords) change that information as soon as possible--while it's not necessarily likely that that information has been stolen, we cannot be absolutely sure about what information was taken.

In addition, I would like to suggest that all users change their account passwords. A good password will contain a mixture of letters (capital and lowercase), numbers, and symbols, and be at least 8 characters long. I also recommend you choose a password unique to this site so as to not endanger any other accounts you may have with the same password elsewhere. To be clear, we have no reason to believe that any of your account passwords have been compromised--even if they were indeed taken, they are stored only in an encrypted form that is not readily decrypted by modern technology.

Lastly, I'd like to note that the Revolution style will temporarily be the only style that will be available. We expect to re-enable the other styles shortly.

Levi5

Smash Ace
So that's what happened to my smash blue. I came back here and was like somethings wrong here...... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

joenopride

Smash Journeyman
Basically, you join this ladder with a bunch of different teams of people and you battle people to gain points. Gaining points gets you closer to the top. There are tournaments sometimes where there are prizes for the top finishers, and it's also a mini springboard to online MLG.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Well the problem with a gamebattles ladder for brawl, is that unlike Halo and CoD4 and other xbox live games, the results aren't publicly listed in an archive.

You'd have to run tournaments off the word of the player, and thats not gonna last.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
hey mike, i have the vagrant story game u wanted (not real, its burnt btw) so just keep in mind that.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
L-cancelling is so racist :(. They just assume eevry1 uses the c-stick for arials!! Hmpf i use R-cancelling, trying to keep it real boiiiiiizzzzz.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
WRONG

It was called Z-cancelling in 64 (correct me if im wrong dan) so the "L"-cancel in Melee denoted the button.

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
I have been thinking of hosting a St. Albert/Edmonton bi-weekly tournament. I do have a place in mind to host it, and yes, it is in St. Albert. However before I go and talk to the store owner, It would probably be best if I know some information, such as about how many people would be able to make it regularly if not most of the time. As it is in St. Albert, it would likely get less participants than if it was held in Edmonton, even though its not a long drive at all. Also, who would be able to provide cubes/wiis and TV's. Oddly enough I can provide two wiis myself(maybe three O.o).

Also, I understand that Carl uses some sort of super duper computer program to run his tournies, unfortunatly I dont have that sort of technology, so maybe he could help me out lol :p If not, The store owner uses his super duper computer program to run his tournaments. So if you were wondering if it could be hosted in a store, rest assured(however his tournies are for pokemon card games hehe). The format he uses is not double elimination, but somehting more newb friendly.

The way its run is by a pre-determined set of rounds, and everyone plays each round(minus the finals) By each win/lose, your score goes up/down, and if you get a bye, your score goes up a little. I believe that your score goes up accordingly to your opponents points, but I'm not entirley sure. You play people with a similar 'score' as you do, so you are typically playing against people around your level. This tourny would move a bit slower than an elimination tourny, so it would be better with less participants.

I have no previous experience at hosting tournies so organizing the first one may take longer than it should, so bear with me :p

I have not yet talked with the owner, but I plan on tomorrow >< so ya, any questions ask away. After everything has become a little more solid, expect a thread made.

kithkin

Smash Champion
So basically, its round robin with finals?

XD

also, heh, sounds good, too bad I'm a calgary player D=

But that does remind me, is there actually a time set for CT4 carl? or are you just BS'ing till you figure out the day?

Gerbality

Smash Journeyman
So basically, its round robin with finals?
Basically, yes. :p
Since I downloaded tio, and it seems fairly easy to understand, It will probably be run in the same format as carls tournaments (The only tournies I have only been to are CT2 and CT3 hehe)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Oh! What do you get when you cross Lucas with Mario?

LUCARIO LOL

Top Bottom