• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ike isn't broken.

Just because they don't listen to you about GaW doesn't mean anything. Relatively speaking you're a scrub who doesn't know anything about high level play, why should anyone listen to you?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yeah they're not gonna listen to random people unless you have good actual objective reasoning as to WHY something is so.

Someone that places 4+ years in the US is probably gonna have better input than a random who hasn't even really played the game.

They have explicitly stated they want the metagame to stabilize. They don't want to change things on a whim like brawl+. Until they have STRONG evidence that something is bad, they'll keep it. The game's tested by players way better than yourself, with way better opponents, in a much better environment. Your single opinion in a sea of other randoms isn't going to be as strong as the rest.

They can't work on everything at once you know. And GaW is indeed unpopular. Unfortunate, but it's true.

Want to really make your opinion matter? Go apply to be a beta tester. Tell them why you're better than other people.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Also, why do you think there is a demo in the first place? I mean there are multiple reasons (such as generating hype for the final product), but a big reason IS to hear people's opinions about things, and actually see the game they made be played, and observe the balance changes that may or may not be needed.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Brad, what were you referring to in the shoutouts when you said "check Ben's team mishaps"?
Literally Ben's shoutout section lol. I just apologized for being dum.

Because they don't take criticism seriously, they have biased development time/focus on characters which they actually care about, etc. and it seems like the only criticism they listen to is with their internal developers and or players who have like 4+ years of reputation.

Ex. Right when they released the first demo, I said that Ike plays like Ganon with more range. I was disregarded and not taken seriously, and they insisted that it was fine. And now they realize after that he really is pretty broken.

Also, they think that Brawl G&W's tech chase d-throw is better than Melee G&W's d-throw, and I post about it, but get no response until I actually make a thread on the P:M forums about it. This really pisses me off, because G&W's d-throw is clearly better for comboing and such, versus his Brawl tech chase d-throw where you can sometimes get a read or a jab reset into something (not likely)
In addition, G&W's jab is still messed up because if you try to jab into d-tilt, another jab comes out (this is a Brawl feature, like how you can't jab to d-smash as well), but they don't even bother fixing it because they think nobody will play G&W anyways. Versus someone like Samus who isn't even being released yet just because of her grapple not being able to grab on the walls instead of the ledge (everything else seems fixed to me).

But yeah, they can make it as mainstream as they want, like Nintendo did with Brawl to casual players, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon
You seriously sound like you're complaining because your character isn't broken. Frankly, I don't even agree with a lot you said. An engine problem is an engine problem, I'm GLAD they arn't releasing a character that isn't ready yet. You can jab into D-smash you just have to not do the input pre-emptively because like brawl you can buffer a new jab because it had that stupid downtilt cstick thing, but it still works, I've done it myself. As for the throw, it's not about the GOOD throw, it's about the balanced one. Frankly at low percents his upthrow is fine, and at higher percents dthrow is a free read kill, easy. "clearly" better is a term that really is an opinion, you can express yours but frankly I think Brawls Dthrow is worlds better, I mean WORLDS. It gives game and watch a way better chance against his worst matchups. His old Dthrow was only good against the characters he already had the best chance against.

On top of that, as hipster as you are thinking Ike was broken before everyone else was, go sign the silly petition victor put up a million years ago, it was cute. Ike is not broken. He's just easy. Even if he was broken, they would work to fix it appropriately over time, I honestly doubt you've even played Project M long enough to see a single change in the game, so how can you say they've done NOTHING. They're changing the entire engine, why would you make major character changes when they're gonna be ****ed by engine changes anyways. In fact, I'm glad they're fixing ledge teching for the next patch cause it buff's Ike's recovery and he needed that IMO.

I'd say before you go discrediting a team that has a really good history with what they've done and are doing a magnificent thing for this community, I'd double check that you're not alone in what you think. One voice vs thousands isn't a fun game.

I respect you Arthur, and I know I asked, so don't take this as hating, just my opinion. In the mean time despite how lowbrow Arthurs comments were, they are his opinion, which I asked for, so let's let this go, we already covered our disagreements

Ike isn't broken.
Seriously, This. I've said it a million times. He's not broken, he's just ****ing easy to play. Disjointed hitbox + straightforward + big hits = easy. But he gets combo'd really badly. Can be gimped harder than falco. As well as he just overall is junky, he's obvious, thats why I went Ike against every Ike I had the chance to in P:M on saturday, to prove that it take a better player to win, not just an Ike.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
yay shout outsss woooo

matt: yoyoyoy this loves to pop off in matches so funnnnnyy!! yo matt we def gonna team again so fun
clarke: i liked your commentary for my matches good **** we should duo commentary!! and i also enjoy teaming with you as well
allan: ggs still our matches come down to the wire
simon: ggs still our matches come down to the wire http://images.wikia.com/civilization/images/c/cb/Yao-ming-meme.jpg
arthur: you just need to spend one whole day meleeing with me and trust me you ll be victor lvl np and prob better.
ben: http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2012/04/Hollye-e1306175951118/1003342238.jpg lets continue this trend of funny tournament names haha
Mo: yo your up and rising player you ll scarey to play against quite soon
James: WOW you finally stopped bens 20th win streak! good job grats on first !
brad: ggs in all matches of all tournaments , maybe when the super final end product of pm comes out i might get it
daniel: ggs we did pretty good for doubles in pm ahaha with zero experience, but we **** in melee still
kurt: http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/attachments/42/719/634798639221257881.jpg
ermine: marvel marvel marvel marvel yoyooyy no hate man no hate we chill
kevin: get your friend to stop watching movies and come play some smash w us yo!!
david ly: 5 more hyperbaulic time chambers with me. silent hil 2lets gogogogogogogo
tyson: is now calgarian. i think you got me addicted to playing doubles now i love playing dubz
FGCC: shout outs to fgcc for hosting, i respect all work you guys do, props especially to farhan !

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
they are addressing G&W in 2.5 btw

that's all I really have to contribute to that discussion.
It really is sad how they just throw characters out the door that they don't care about, but they work on characters that they actually do care about. I'm pretty sure G&W needs more work right now than Samus, but hey, let's just throw G&W out there like he's a finished product and not release someone who is pretty much already restored

So much for making low tiers better, I'm not touching P:M again until the final product comes out perhaps, and it manages to actually be balanced

And Brad, his melee d-throw leads to parachute or f-air on floaties, and into pretty much everything against FFers.

And to respond to Luke's comment, they put out a demo to see people play, people just play high tiers, high tiers get modified slightly. And so goes the chain of life

Call me bad or whatever, I'll be playing Melee

Stevo

Smash Champion
in 2.5 you can follow up G&W up-throw on floaties.
you can double jump out of his up-b, so you up-throw, up-b, jump parachute, as an example.

I watched a stream of 2.5 and it works even against floaties like peach. In fact, I saw some low percent combos on some floaties that you probably could never have done in melee.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you that G&W was not ready to be released when they did, but at least they are addressing the issues.

I completely understand if people would want to wait for the finished product to play it, though.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
****ing, I don't know if it was Ben or not, but it sounded like Ben. The bing shoutout during our bracket reset, was SOOO funny

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Ya that was Ben. I think someone asked him to shoutout to something that sounded like bing but wasn't lol

:phone:

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Dude it was hilarious.

The mexican truck conversation was a hit too.

I think if Ben got a good co-commentator it's be actually great

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
man arthur is so butt hurt it's hilarious

I think the whole idea of p:m, even in it's current state, is mind-numbingly amazing. I really appreciate all the work they voluntarily put into the game. They've got a great game going, and the only way it can go is up. I figured arthur being a compsci guy, of all people, would appreciate an endeavor like p:m

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Leave Arthur alone!

Haha. Eh he's said his peice he's entitled to his opinion.

By the way, yea I was shouting out Bing. Sick search engine. Observations about our first stream with commentary:

1.) I for one am an amazing commentator
2.) we need a better mic. Could barely hear one person half the time. Like me and Tyson had some funny convos but all you can hear is me mumbling about dirty mexican milktrucks. I liked Paul and Tysons co-commentary.
3.) Funny / real in-depth conversations > saying moves that people are throwing out.

There was actually that one guy from FGCC who obviously isn't a fan of smash bros but he was pretty funny. His commentary on Frigate made me lol. 'The stage doesn't flip in Metroid prime, that is a gimmick. Metroid Prime is more realistic. Also in Metroid Prime there is no Metaknight.'

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah basically it's about good commentary yet also being able to talk about the game during times of need.

As good as funny is, grand finals should have someone legit strategizing. Basically you need a funy guy and a fact guy

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Btw Ben, watch my jiggs matches to see what I do in some of those scenarios we talked about.

Though, there's no footage against spacies

Top Bottom