• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
Brad do you have a brother that just graduated from wisewood?

Some guy from wisewood looks exactly like you.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Shines on shines on shines on shines.

And LMAO, I can do them in practice but triple shines are practically useless. Double shines I have a chance with actually connecting. Although there are more important things to learn than techskill haha.

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
I just wanna get better anyway I can, I think I'm home that weekend. I imagine we still get the room, prolly not a tourney we've had no ads or hype. Prolly just a smashfest.

Anyone interested?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i might b going to blues fest in the evening on the 11th. not for the music, but the food!
so i would go if it was early;)
ill do my best

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Flawed is a very vague word... Not sure if you've played the second release of project M but lucario is not broken at all.
Second release being the one I downloaded under a month ago? I dunno what release is what.

Point is, Lucario can cancel EVERYTHING. High skill cap OP.

*cough* Metaknight isn't broken either

Q_Q We're most likely not coming. No vehicle... sad day. Maybe next time.

Also Ike is more cool than Lucario.
Sad day.

also fixed.

I dunno why you're thinking learning P:M is hard. Brawl is an entirely different game and play style from melee. You're doing the exact same thing in P:M from melee anyway, there's just more match ups to learn. It's not like the 1 frame difference is CRIPPLING to your game.
Covering a few things I've noticed (but arn't facts, they're just things I feel about P:M)

First of all, I've noticed a lot of techy things are a hell of a lot easier in general, like Lcanceling, it just feels like they gave me so many more frames to do it, that being said, the engine is STILL different from melee, a lot of characters flop around at weirder rates than are usual, they took basically every melee character and tried to (almost) completely restore them to their melee counterparts, and that makes some of them feel really weird.

Bowser is a great example, he has really awkward fall speeds and his jump speed is too strong to go with that, so any normal bowser player is just wtfbbq over playing him.

The game itself is great and they've done a great job but you really have to note that even a single frame change ****s with muscle memory depending where that frame changes, if you take so long to learn a one frame dependant play, then you will stick hard to it, and adjusting it is not necessarily easy for everyone.

It really doesn't make much of a difference... I think it's in your head tbh.
Your head is 90% of what you play with after all.

That being said, Arthur is a player who focuses (Too much) on really only tech skill, most of everything he does to practice is just alone working on the ability to complete 50 waveshine ledgecancel bair or I dunno, whats something stupidly complicated that never happens. The point is, Arthurs trained in a way that makes him very tight to his options, he's actually quite good technically, the only reason he's not as good as paul is he's still a freshman and has 0 experience as far as mindgames go.

Brad do you have a brother that just graduated from wisewood?

Some guy from wisewood looks exactly like you.
I get that a lot, but it was probably a guy I know's brother.

tl;dr my brother graduated from wisewood 7-8 years ago

Well if ben lets me take supervisor of the room that day we could, but I'm not sure if we can yet.

It'd be at around 10:00am
I might be able to show at 10 till 12. I work at 1

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah characters like bowser feel different because they buffed him. Most characters feel different except for fox, falco, falcon and peach (maybe?). It's definitely not melee that's for sure, but it's close enough that the melee players will still be good at it, but different enough that the brawl players will feel like they have a chance to catch up.

Also I think lucario can only cancel his jab into tilts, so he can't cancel "everything"

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Lucario's cancels go from jabs / dash attack -> tilt -> smash -> special. You can skip the middle if you so wish. You can only cancel on hit or shield.

Standard fighting game gattling chain. He's far from OP.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
It's not like the attacks would automatically chain together in hitstun. You'd get like auto combos sorta like sheik, but nothing ridiculous. Jab smash is something a lot of characters have. His attacks don't really come out that fast, nor have a huge hitbox so he's not walling or rushing down that well. Recovery is butt too. You can't go backwards in the chain so it's not like shield pressure is amazing when there's obvious gaps, even with downB teleport.

I'm sure if he was broken (or simply really really good compared to the cast), fly aminita or leffen would've talked about it lol.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Leffen DID talk about it.

plus one of the moves he can chain into is grab (side-b I think?)

I'm not saying he IS broken, but I think it is dangerous territory

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Alright. I am thinking september 1st or 2nd. Would calgary be able to attend as well? Could have some legit attendance if everyone I think will join does.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yeah characters like bowser feel different because they buffed him. Most characters feel different except for fox, falco, falcon and peach (maybe?). It's definitely not melee that's for sure, but it's close enough that the melee players will still be good at it, but different enough that the brawl players will feel like they have a chance to catch up.

Also I think lucario can only cancel his jab into tilts, so he can't cancel "everything"
I'm pretty sure double canceling is changed in P:M, sure felt like it with lucas and ness, maybe Peach isn't much different, but overall the physics has changed so the play is obviously a little different, but I agree, overall Melee players would/do enjoy it and it is of course very similar. Closer than brawl thats for sure. But can we agree to classify it as it's own game because theres honestly enough big differences IMO.

From what I can tell, almost anything and everything I've EVER connected with either on shield or hit, and some whiffs, I've been able to use my DownB and slide out immediately after, which can also be jumped out of, meaning it can be wavedashed out of, assumably the "high skill cap" end of him would be super broken cause you could shield pressure grab EVERY time.

Lucario's cancels go from jabs / dash attack -> tilt -> smash -> special. You can skip the middle if you so wish. You can only cancel on hit or shield.

Standard fighting game gattling chain. He's far from OP.
I agree thats standard, to some extent, but see above.

Alright. I am thinking september 1st or 2nd. Would calgary be able to attend as well? Could have some legit attendance if everyone I think will join does.
First week of school? Nah I mean I have absolutely NOTHING going on then =V

I'll see what I can do but it's like, the work possible time you could've chosen lol (doesn't really matter, all times are bad when you have a job. I'll try to just spend the money and make it, Sid, how's your schedule then for housing?)

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
School starts on the 5th for me. Sept 2 would be ideal

PS that whole weekend should be good for staying over
Nice! I'll see what can be done.

Damn that's first week of school for you? Cause that's like the week before school for most UofA students :/.
Sait has a weird system, my "school" doesn't start then, but I have a lot of things to attend the earlier week.

My first class is on the 4th.

My first mandatory attendance is Aug 29th

That being said, monday off due to holiday or something? This could be purrfect.

In fact, can we also have a melee tournament or something? I'm willing to do all the work for it if I can actually make it. (I'll just tell work I'm at school lol)

dibs a couch at Sid's place!

:phone:
Dib's Air matress!

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
does anyone use this site? http://www.ssbpd.com/

just wondering if anyone has some old tio files they wanted to put on that site... other than ADAT2 which I remade on tio because I was bored. Yes I know, remaking a tio file is the rock bottom of being bored.

also: seconded on canada gold

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Such a troll Brad

The last one was WTF worthy
Say didn't watch>

Tells me end is good>

Watch the end>

Nothing happens.

Arthur, what was wtf about the last one? he grabbed a heart OH MY GOD IVE NEVER SEEN THAT.

I don't mean to be rude, but that is legitimately the most boring 64 video I've ever seen, like worse than just people who were bad at the game playing it. I'm certain you've seen real combos and they're much cooler. this was like, "Hey guys? How SLOW can we do combos?"

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Not the heart thing, the weird Star Rod thing.

So many ledgecancel combos

And... no I haven't seen that many cooler combos in N64, because there's only so much you can do with the game itself. It's not like Melee, where more than half the stuff in a Fox TAS isn't possible for a human. Most things done in an N64 TAS are possible by humans, maybe except perfect shine cancels and DJC and that weird slope cancel aerial thing

Ben, is there a confirmed date/time for the smashfest next week?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
that really is pretty boring... those are people who suck at the game making tas.
ledgecancel is soo much easier in 64 for me anyways, unless it is jiggs.
that 2nd combo was really easy

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna type TAS super smash bros 64 into youtube, and get the first result, anyone who wants can vote which is better.

I could also just have people vote and say that ANY of Dan's matches are better.

Also Arthur, do you seriously not know that the star rod spikes? it always has and always will.

Seriously, try it.

Top Bottom