• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Here's me being a ******, but is ABD3 going to be hosted here in Calgary, or in Edmonton? And when is it?

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Tyson I purposely didn't put you down cause you play Falco but also a bunch of other characters

ABD3 is in Edmonton

Ok so from 30 seconds of creeping his Facebook, Carl seems to be plotting to have a mutiny at U of A's Engineering department

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Is everyone clear that Alberta beat down is next weeK? I almost feel like some people arn't.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Ok so from 30 seconds of creeping his Facebook, Carl seems to be plotting to have a mutiny at U of A's Engineering department
he should host another smash sunday in September sometime.

I am a true Marthbertan.

Also, nobody has actually indicated to me that they're coming over tomorrow, so... should I even host?
I would SO be there if I didn't live so damn far away and work the whole day.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I miss marthberta. Even if you didn't play marth, you played marth.

:phone:
Marthberta was the days when smash was good because we didn't care about smash

I am a true Marthbertan.

Also, nobody has actually indicated to me that they're coming over tomorrow, so... should I even host?
I wish I lived in edmonton so often

Is everyone clear that Alberta beat down is next weeK? I almost feel like some people arn't.
That happens when the host of the tournament has no public relations towards his attendees.

Not to mention, 95% of people asking about it arn't going.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
im pretty shiros been spreading the news quite well for the main games hes hosting (eg sf umvc3) but i dont think so much for the other games like melee because its just a small side event type of thing

ya ABD3! next weeeeeeek~~~~~

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I made a request at Mac Hall for room bookings this weekend either Saturday or Sunday. It may be possible I won't get the times at all as I just requested it today. Seems better if we'd have a smashfest there than at someones house with the group size we have.

I'm thinking about trying to book some dates for late august or september, what do you guys think?

I'll keep ya'll updated if we get it or not, I'm dying to get better at Melee.

<3 Double Posting

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
Bleh, it doesn't look like I'd be able to get a booking until late August on the 25th at the UofC. Would anyone know of any other places we could book a room other than Mac Hall? I would host but my basements small and crowded, and It'd just wouldn't be an all around good idea.

I wouldn't mind hosting some of these events I just need to find a good place to do it thats cheap and cost effective, bring some drinks, etc, in return teach me Melee?? :D

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Getting an event location is easy if we pay, but none of us want to pay for a smashfest.

Part of what I've been doing by the way, has been contacting businesses so we could maybe get into a thing like saturday-night barsmash or something, you guys know barcraft, right?

basically the same idea.

Gimme time, anyone interested in legitimately helping can message me, but I'm actually speaking business venture-wise, smaller term help will be come later. (sorry about being secretive but it's kind of required as I can promise NOTHING)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
@kithkin
i dont really know how that would work, i dont really see it being that attractive for a business. smashers are very loud and from what i have seen i dont think many drinks would be ordered. i would like to do something like this but i think we have to make it more attractive to business owners.
i think gaming/card shops would be a smart move as they can be completely empty some nights and could be a very small entry fee or just have a couple people pitch in(i would)
i also think most of the smashers would be very comfortable there/ not excluding the minors as we need all we can get;)
just my rant( i hope some of it is productive)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
my *****

if you come in on friday, me victor and some others are gonna watch batman and smash afterwards if you wanna join :3

i think i'm gonna pass on abd3 too

whoa when did they censor black people
i already watched batman, and ill be hanging with friends till supper time at least.

dunno how late you guys smashing it up

edit: and i was going through my photobucket pics and some reason i still have this lol

Stevo

Smash Champion
it's funny.... I only learned about the whole "scumbag steve" thing yesterday.
and I also visited reddit for the first time yesterday too.

I have no idea how to navigate that site.... I just gave up after a minute.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So who would be down to enter a ProjectM tournament end of August? I think a bunch of the brawl players would enter. I can book the same room we use for brawl tournaments and we can have it there.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
@kithkin
just my rant( i hope some of it is productive)
I appreciate the constructive criticism, ironically though, I already knew all of that. I was using barcraft as an example since it's already successfull, I'm already talking to a couple places (ie: legion tabletop gaming, legacy, and a few others) about what could be done, but ultimately in a business world it's about what you can get, so it's kind of a thing I've gotta work through the communities,

for the time being I am going to be publishing a website type thing with connections to local media and gaming interests, including a forum and more to be explained later.

Ultimately it's a stretch, but a stretch I hope people will appreciate

I have no idea how to navigate that site.... I just gave up after a minute.
The whole site is designed to utilize the fact that you don't want to hit the back button much at all, so you are expected to open a million tabs, therefore forcing you to never leave the site via related links on every page

So who would be down to enter a ProjectM tournament end of August? I think a bunch of the brawl players would enter. I can book the same room we use for brawl tournaments and we can have it there.
Project M is quite fun, but as far as tournaments go it is really flawed.

That being said I feel it's early enough that it would be a laugh riot, So I approve of a tournament.

Just know that Lucario is 100% more broken than metaknight ever was

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Flawed is a very vague word... Not sure if you've played the second release of project M but lucario is not broken at all.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well you should want to learn because I think P:M is a really good chance for a bit of a revival of the scene, especially for the melee players.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I dunno why you're thinking learning P:M is hard. Brawl is an entirely different game and play style from melee. You're doing the exact same thing in P:M from melee anyway, there's just more match ups to learn. It's not like the 1 frame difference is CRIPPLING to your game.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I find it impossible to believe that Falco is no longer Falco due to 1 frame of extra delay.

That's like saying PAL Melee is an entirely different game than NTSC melee.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Melee's melee, I'm not going to use a Melee character in a different game

I'll just find some other character to try out

Lucario looks interesting but I don't want to put nearly as much effort into learning that game as I did with Falco/Fox in Melee, I'll probably just stick with Ike or some other non-technical character I've never played before

Top Bottom