• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol @ matt i dont think anyone else is coming, unless someone posts on here u have as much knowledge as i do!
unless moe is lurking this thread again, in which case he could send me a fb message
i want to play arthur right NOW, lol u just happen to be lurkin when i posted that lol
btw thank you geenareeno for posting in this thread, i wish u the best of luck

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Okay so myself and Eric/Monkeybear/Pressokman are most likely coming. But our trip would be greatly enhanced if we could smash Thursday afternoon/night. Since Calgary isn't that far from Edmonton staying in Calgary Thursday and driving there the next morning is an option. Thanks to whoever offered housing in Edmonton on the last page, we'll keep that option open. But yeah if someone in Calgary/Edmonton could house us and maybe have a few people over to smash that would be amazing. Also does anyone know how long the tournament will run? We're probably going to have to drive back after it's over. Thanks.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i may be able to host u guys in calgary/smash and i will talk to my parents about it.
http://www.animethon.org/gaming.php this 1 shows the schedule
im sure u wont have too much trouble finding housing cause after all housing you means we get to play;)
i could definatly play some smash with you guys in the afternoon and you could drive up after but im not sure about housing u for the night.
will update soon;)
also any other calgarians that want to play saskatchewan make sure u book thurday off

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
pit is pretty dumb in p:m

tbh the more i play non-melee characters in p:m the more i feel like it's just brawl
I like Ike, but I think that's just because he's Ike, because I liked Ike in brawl, too.

Marth actually feels so much like Melee though, holy **** it actually confused me.

EDIT: What the **** I have a sig?

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Your channel just doesn't exist man lol. And maybe I'll go smash tomorrow if I feel like it..
Nah it totally exists, I just deleted all my videos, because I didn't set them to perma-save and twitch does that.

SWEET BRO

Smash Rookie
im actually going to edmonton next week so i'll be in edmonton for abd3

winning it for calgary yolo

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I like Ike, but I think that's just because he's Ike, because I liked Ike in brawl, too.

Marth actually feels so much like Melee though, holy **** it actually confused me.

EDIT: What the **** I have a sig?
mario is awesome in p:m and i have loads of fun playing him but that's cause he's a melee character

i have yet to find a brawl character that doesn't make me feel like i'm playing brawl :/

also recovering still feels like brawl, even playing marth i feel like his up b is getting back to the stage in circumstances where it wouldn't in melee. last time i checked, the p:m team hadn't fixed some of the sweetspotting to be like melee but idk

so who from edmonton is going to abd3?

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Who's running melee at abd3?

It's my day off that friday, i'll probably show up...

Crusayer

Smash Lord
We don't even know if we're gonna even get enough people; if Calgary or Sask is gonna be there or not. But if there are enough and no one's already running the event, I could run it I guess. I'll bring my recording / tio setup. I'll be going anyway.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
also recovering still feels like brawl, even playing marth i feel like his up b is getting back to the stage in circumstances where it wouldn't in melee. last time i checked, the p:m team hadn't fixed some of the sweetspotting to be like melee but idk
They removed a lot of brawlhands, but that is mostly limited to characters they could program off known data from melee, so some characters are obviously still weird, it's a free based beta, I mean really it's great for what it is.

We don't even know if we're gonna even get enough people; if Calgary or Sask is gonna be there or not. But if there are enough and no one's already running the event, I could run it I guess. I'll bring my recording / tio setup. I'll be going anyway.

Last time I went to a shiro event, I skipped the tournament and went to A&W with Carl and Eric, had way more fun than I would've in the tournament, if that tells you anything.

That being said, Shiro can run a great tournament if he cares about smash at all

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
OMG Melee needs to happen. We will come if Melee happens. Ghllie that would be great if you could house. We're both really nice, polite, well kept people. Also will Carl and Dan be there? It'd be nice to see everyone/all the good players there.

And ya you guys should pay more attention to me.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
OMG Melee needs to happen. We will come if Melee happens. Ghllie that would be great if you could house. We're both really nice, polite, well kept people. Also will Carl and Dan be there? It'd be nice to see everyone/all the good players there.

And ya you guys should pay more attention to me.
Not your fault, but you don't know ANYTHING about the geography of smashers around here.

You're not splitting calgary and edmonton, nor really looking at dates.

That being said, if you're WILLING to come all the way to calgary for a smashfest, I'm in.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
so it appears me, allan, ben and 3 marvel dudes will be heading to ABD3, except were leaving at like 7ishpm due to work if we get to edmonton by the time the tournament isnt over , we could probably play some friendlies with the saskatchewans
oyoyoyoyyoyo ill money match who ever gets first in the tournament for what ever he won :D

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol is melee is melee even happening at abd3, other than ur friendlies.
if u r still coming i will ask about housing, im sure u would be welcome to stay the night.

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Not your fault, but you don't know ANYTHING about the geography of smashers around here.

You're not splitting calgary and edmonton, nor really looking at dates.

That being said, if you're WILLING to come all the way to calgary for a smashfest, I'm in.
Yeah I don't...

I don't understand what you said their, but yes we will smash with you.

Dan's on the other side of the country lol
Well... that's unfortunate.

so it appears me, allan, ben and 3 marvel dudes will be heading to ABD3, except were leaving at like 7ishpm due to work if we get to edmonton by the time the tournament isnt over , we could probably play some friendlies with the saskatchewans
oyoyoyoyyoyo ill money match who ever gets first in the tournament for what ever he won :D
Uhh we have to be back the next morning so we'd have to leave at like 6 if we wanted to be home before 12. We'll see.

lol is melee is melee even happening at abd3, other than ur friendlies.
if u r still coming i will ask about housing, im sure u would be welcome to stay the night.
That would be cool.

As far as this thread goes it seems like Calgary is more active than Edmonton, so being house in Calgary seems like a better idea, regarding smashing on Thursday. Not that I really get a choice.

Top Bottom