• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Relevant:
I watched an UMvC3 major tournament stream the other day, it had a Japanese dude who actually used Rocket Raccon which was dope. I think he even won.

Hype moment http://youtu.be/lFScxJWcsdk?t=2m51s

Roccet Raccon and Haggar are both such awesomely awesome characters

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
hey ben has a confirmed date for the doubles tourney been established?

yeeee victa and kevin are considering coming to the dubz tourney

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i think that moe and i are teaming, arthur you should at least stick around to support the community.
the only way we will get consistant tourneys is if there is people that consistantly show up.
Shots Fired!
(somebody explain the above to mae)

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
i think that moe and i are teaming, arthur you should at least stick around to support the community.
the only way we will get consistant tourneys is if there is people that consistantly show up.
Shots Fired!
(somebody explain the above to mae)
i totally agree with you , im trying to get lots of people to come and at this point not to concerned about winning but about building a bigger community

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I like the hat idea bcause people who suck like us can get carried. i also dislike the hat idea for the same reason. i think everyone knows who i am referring to by us

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
traditional forced teams have always been double headed dragon selection

1st last 2nd 2nd last etc.

I don't think it matters, me and my teammate are winning it all anyways

Taste

Smash Apprentice
We'll have to decide how we want to run things for melee doubles if people want to mix things up.
I mean, according to my liberal arts math, 2v2 should go twice as fast as 1v1. We could run a straight up doubles tourney followed by a names out of a hat/adopt a scrub tourney.

Edit: we could get the Empty Space for the 24th (Saturday), but the Conference rooms are booked until May, except on the weekends, but even then their not available until April 14th.

Empty Space for the 24th (Saturday), is our best bet for the near future if people can make it...

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
I probably can't go the 24th since I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled on the 23rd. It depends on badly I react to the operation. =/

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
It's ok arthur, you're doing what I do, getting better by not doing anything.

Oh wait, you're not getting better

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I'M GOING

Inb4 only everyone who's been playing smash for 5+ years enters and I get kicked out first round by Paul even though he is at work......?

edit: Lol @ Mario Kart tournament
edit2: $3 entry fee with prizes? Hellz yeah

edit3: It's funny how like 95% of the Japanese Student Society's members are Chinese anime lovers
edit4: Hype! YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN

Subzer0_king68

Smash Cadet
I'M GOING

Inb4 only everyone who's been playing smash for 5+ years enters and I get kicked out first round by Paul even though he is at work......?

edit: Lol @ Mario Kart tournament
edit2: $3 entry fee with prizes? Hellz yeah

edit3: It's funny how like 95% of the Japanese Student Society's members are Chinese anime lovers
edit4: Hype! YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN
money match.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I kinda wanna go to have a hilarious tournament where all the club members get their ***** handed to them.

But I also know I'm going to hate everyone there who's not a known smasher

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
tl;dr like I said, anime club, don't expect much.

if it is even busy, it'll be loud and noisy in a bad way, and on top of that, prizes are likely to be like... mangas.

edit: A true old-school smasher would just host smash at his house instead. And I would, but I am busy being obsessed with another game

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
That's Dan

Carl I found was actually fun to play against
sorry to be the barron of bad news.... but if that's how you did against Dan, Carl is just gunna be pure butt hurt for ya =(

money match.
I accept.

EDIT: YO GUYS! CARL!!! I'm thinking of coming out to Alberta just to visit. When's your next tournament?

Stevo

Smash Champion
If you let us know enough in advance I'm sure we can get one planned for you.

for the record, Dan is a very clear top 2 in our PR. He is most likely a lot better than the last time you played him. Regardless, I still support your comment. Arthur knows he is in for some butt hurt.

Top Bottom