• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
are you saying my falco is a zoney/ campy style falco???
i dont think i am lol
neither with the way i play my marvel team lol
Well, to an extent yes. You play a falco the "safest" and reasonable way, which includes more lasers than I would like, not that it's not agressive, but the point stands that it just makes my day less fun.

Again, not to say you suck ****, you're a fine player and it's not your fault that I hate to play you, it's just you play the character you picked properly. you *****.

Also, That team in marvel isn't particularily campy no, but it's a little bit of a *****y decision IMO just based on what available.

See marlinpie, that will answer all your questions lol. (most technical marvel player)

:phone:
You say that as if I don't already know who Marlinpie is and even more so as if I had any questions to begin with, I never asked anything but why Paul chooses to not play hilarious teams.

Besides, I am the combofiend to his Marlinpie (aka bionic arm OoS)

also, anyone know where I can get some n64 stuff, like smash bros? Having no luck on kijiji
Ignore everyone else, Cash Converters.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
clarke, could you pm me a list of what you might want to sell n64 wise, with your asking prices?

I'm mostly after games and controllers atm, maybe a memory card
I own Smash Bros. and 2 controllers for the N64 that you can have. I doubt I'll make much use of them anyway.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I own Smash Bros. and 2 controllers for the N64 that you can have. I doubt I'll make much use of them anyway.

Holy **** that'd be amazing! I wouldn't feel right taking them for free though, I can pay you for them next time we meet up.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Thats like me asking your shoe size and you're like

Well You should look up Nike's new ProADvantage basketball shoe, you'll see.
err, its more like you're asking him why he's wearing nike's, and im saying he plays basketball.

i dont know how you're interpreting english, especially since you're white rofl.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
long story short you're answering a question I didn't ask and saying it will answer all my many (read: 1) questions, when it won't even answer the one I did ask.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Apparently the brawl people are planning on going already (?).

Victor and Sid expressed an interest in coming as well but they'd likely need a ride from someone (?).

Tyson651

Smash Lord
time for everyone to carlpool (seeing it as him as the only person with a car in edmonton)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
shoutouts from seattle.
hey guys we should plan some smash for after i get back
i think ill be back around the 12th so i want to get better so i can play well against sask
ice climbers with the jank for the win
also ic's above falcon?
armada thinks so;)

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
because that is marlinpie's team.

see? answered your question.

/end (and not responding/reading to anything you're going to say after)
Well that a way better way of answering a question I asked.

But hasn't Marlinpie been playing Magneto more lately?

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Any chance you guys want to try to set something up for this weekend? I'm free Friday and Sunday.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
ssb 64 is sooo much more fun with just computers than melee.
too bad the tv in my hotel does not imput! grrrrrr
update my dad said we will be back about the 8th, so doea anyone want to scedule something on the week of?
i would but house location jonhs=calgary being lazy:troll:

Rush

Smash Apprentice
LOL me being originally from HK like the most non-random thing.

Also Matt, what method do you use to jump? (Switch to Y if you haven't already heheh)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol@ using the y button.
x is much better for every thing train with x matt;)
@ below r u not listening to me matt:(
ur noo fun daniel switching buttons makes spacies bad

Rush

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Y elitist (with good reason). And hell no X is most definitely not better for training. Y and X are about the same distance from A. But Y is closer to B. That alone means Y is theoretically better. It doesn't sound much but is quite noticeable when playing certain character, especially spacies. That being said, if you're entrenched in X and can do most techs with it, stay with X. However, if you are just starting out with techs I would recommend switch to Y. I actually started with X before I could consistently short-hop and switched to Y. It just makes your life easier in the long run when it comes to tech stuff and you'll be glad you switched... Silent Wolf sums it up really well
imo take the time to get used to y. its not as hard to switch as some people think, and althuogh you can still do everything with x, y is def better. so you might as well switch.
In the end it's up to you though...

Crusayer

Smash Lord
There used to be this one thread that was like an essay on theoretical hand positioning. Sucks I can't find it.

Also to upcoming players just learning basic tech skill, Eggm made the suggestion to practice light pressing L or R to L-cancel to keep yourself from losing the ability to tech if you're hit out of it.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Completely agree on pushing L/R lightly. People tend to overrate difficulty in switching though, I use to push until it clicked as well until I started to practice avoiding it. Also use different button for shield and WD.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Unfortunately for me, I shield, WD, l-cancel with the same button so light pressing is really hard for me to adjust to /o\.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I think I'll try light presses then, I dunno which one I do right now though

And if you use x you can just claw to do stuff that's faster like me, so the purpose of using Y for everything else becomes null, and it's easier if you claw y while using x to jump instead of clawing y while also using y to jump cause you gotta wait for your thumb to get out of the way first

Or you can learn to hold it like an arcade stick like Javi which makes everything easier than using x or y

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer

And if you use x you can just claw to do stuff that's faster like me, so the purpose of using Y for everything else becomes null, and it's easier if you claw y while using x to jump instead of clawing y while also using y to jump cause you gotta wait for your thumb to get out of the way first

Or you can learn to hold it like an arcade stick like Javi which makes everything easier than using x or y

i can't use Y because of how i short-hop. i just flick the lower part of the X button with my thumb rather than pressing it lightly. i can use both methods, but flicking is how i learned and what i stick with.

Rush

Smash Apprentice

Pfff I could offer an in depth argument as to why your argument for X is bad very very bad...but I won't :troll:

i can't use Y because of how i short-hop. i just flick the lower part of the X button with my thumb rather than pressing it lightly. i can use both methods, but flicking is how i learned and what i stick with.
I also flick to jump....only way I can certain things like SHDL, shine out of shine, or double shines. Now that I think about it... flicking is actually really really good..

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
In the end it's up to you though...
The thing with X/Y and R/L arguements is it really depends on peoples hands, some people (with maybe shorter thumbs or weak joints) have a MUCH easier time going leftright than updown, it may be theoretically quicker to go updown, but it can also take a lot more effort.

tl;dr THE CHOICE IS YOURS

Dude, people still use this thread?

dafuq

also holy 1000 pages batman

how is this possibruuuu
See, I still post here. I'm pretty sure I account for at least 500 of those pages alone.

Pfff I could offer an in depth argument as to why your argument for X is bad very very bad...but I won't :troll:

I also flick to jump....only way I can certain things like SHDL, shine out of shine, or double shines. Now that I think about it... flicking is actually really really good..
Arthurs arguements Statements remind me a lot of Tyler in every situation ever, props to anyone who knows what that means.

Flicking takes a large portion of able dexterity out of the equationand just makes you need to be fast, which a lot of people prefer and is easier to train, because lets be honest, some short hops legitimately are hard to do over and over, I used to play with stick only, I would know. Short hop fast fall or just a simple wavedash was like... harder than ANYTHING.

tl;dr They should release a chip I can put in my GC controller so I can use it for ps3 and xbox

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
moe was seeming discouraged before i left, i hope he does not quit practicing
someone needs to tell him he sucks or something!

Top Bottom