• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Lol! Clarke, your bouts of sudden aggression confuse and frighten me!

People, don't forget to bring actual consoles for this Sunday. It's a free smashfest from 9-3 in that amazing Empty Space (right by subway, below the conference rooms.)

Daniel I'll play. Zelda and Sheik are different chars obvs

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Sunday is not for sure for me cause friend of mine is visiting me from Edmonton over the weekend. What movie? I'll try my best to make this one. But why don't we just host it at someone's house, instead of some dumb door fee

:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice

People, don't forget to bring actual consoles for this Sunday. It's a free smashfest from 9-3 in that amazing Empty Space (right by subway, below the conference rooms.)

Daniel I'll play. Zelda and Sheik are different chars obvs
:):):):):):):):)

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Obviously adding fuel to the rivalry..judging by their last encounters Clarke may not be off lolol. Also... it's on Ben.. get ready. yes need setups.. and i'll record as usual

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Yo Brad i'll play you. $1 per character?
Wait, just to be sure, what is this. Every character ditto matches? Entire roster?

Or like, we do a set of 5 and a dollar per match forced switching, cause that maxes at 3 bux in a blowout, thats just... I dunno. that challenge seems weird.

I'm down for entire roster.

inb4 brad makes an excuse. trololol
I don't get why people assume I don't fight.

Oh wait, Tyson is asian, and he moved to calgary which means he's joined up with the calgary asians.

which means he's a huge ****ing *******

(exceptions being the asians who arn't *******s, read: People who arn't Allan)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
update: i told my dad there is a "geekfest" on sunday and he rescheduled our vacation to monday
get @my dad being unreasonably nice
ben, confirm for setup
tom and cochrane should come:troll:

Subzer0_king68

Smash Cadet
Wait, just to be sure, what is this. Every character ditto matches? Entire roster?

Or like, we do a set of 5 and a dollar per match forced switching, cause that maxes at 3 bux in a blowout, thats just... I dunno. that challenge seems weird.

I'm down for entire roster.

I don't get why people assume I don't fight.

Oh wait, Tyson is asian, and he moved to calgary which means he's joined up with the calgary asians.

which means he's a huge ****ing *******

(exceptions being the asians who arn't *******s, read: People who arn't Allan)
I say we pick 5 characters and play 5 rounds using each character. We could play more, i just don't wanna use the entire roster lol.

Quaff

Smash Rookie
I know, eh? Falco is really popular here. But I also enjoy playing Marth and, from time to time, Link, but I'm not too good with 'em. And Alex's Falco isn't something to worry about too much. He's still practicing the basics a lot, like L-cancelling and such. He's improved quick a bit recently though. But Either way, I'd have to agree, lot of Falcos haha

Crusayer

Smash Lord
At least we won't ever see a boring camping match if it's all spacies `-`.

Like Peach vs Puff or something. Or Luke's Ylink vs puff.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Brad I want to do that too, for or not for money doesn't matter cause it sounds fun
5 randoms
I'm down for either, but if it's money, it's not 25 cents.

i want in on this money match
I'm taking all legitimate offers.

Too bad there's no ic's in Calgary you could learn off of, when I want to learn I just take Paul notes and play Allan a bunch

I could teach him IC's, I at least know some tricks.

Oh god, so is there like 5 Falcos in Calgary now?

One more addition to Falcalgary
It's ok, he's white, so it's really not the same.

Speaking of which, what area of the city did you say you live in? In the event of me hosting smash or something, wanna know how easy it would be for you to travel.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I think better than teaching me, brad is a good coach for me i think. When he sald dsmash i did and it ended the match with daniel

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who thinks they're tough can moneymatch me in brawl.

Anyone who thinks they're tough can moneymatch me in mario party.

Anyone who thinks they're tough can moneymatch me in viva pinata.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
McKenzie Lake, in the Southeast
Oh, thats actually fairly close!

I think better than teaching me, brad is a good coach for me i think. When he sald dsmash i did and it ended the match with daniel
lol, well yeah, I'm not saying FOLLOW ME YOUNG ONE I WILL TEACH YOU THE WAYS.

But just general whats safer and what moves just generally won't work as an aproach etc.

Like Dsmash is so stupidly good against heavy characters at high percentages, especially if they hug the ground like Daniel. Another thing is like, you were apparoaching with Bairs a lot, and not that thats... bad. But in stressful tense situations, people make mistakes, it's harder to space and time, untill you get over nerves, safer options can be things like SHFFL'd Nairs or even dash attacks if you space them well. (go behind them with popo but not nana, it messes them up)

Just stuff like that, I'm actually a decent in game coach cause the only thing I'm good at in like, mental stuff. I'm awful at execution.

Anyone who thinks they're tough can moneymatch me in brawl.

Anyone who thinks they're tough can moneymatch me in mario party.

Anyone who thinks they're tough can moneymatch me in viva pinata.
I'd take you on in all Three. (But I' knowingly lose at Brawl so obviously the other two are the more important ones)

I have experience in MM's in MP bro.

does anyone play melee anymore?
Calgary plays some, Edmonton never talks about it, But I assure you something gets hosted people will still be interested, it's just Edmonton gettin' old bro.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Calgary plays like every other week now thanks to Ben hosting which makes Paul and people want to practice

Brad teaches game sense, Allan teaches specifics of execution

Ie. You won't learn much by playing Allan right off the bat and getting *****

Allan told me he's coming tomorrow btw

Edmonton HAS to come down in July. We can all take turns steamrolling Saskatchewan.
We can **** them in crews
Inb4 I don't get chosen cause they don't have enough players or I just suck too much

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
You can take my spot Arthur, I don't really care that much.

Also I don't really teach anything I just fight.

And Allan teaches how to be a jerk to people who did nothing to him.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
Welcome ermine wobbling-dthrow-upsmash;)
thanks for the tips brad but i was playing really badly that day
hard to switch chars unless u do what u do and not focus too much on any but on strategies in general
bair was overused for sure and not even with good spacing
my wobbling timing was no good and it got to me

Taste

Smash Apprentice
So reminder for tomorrow.

Free smashfest is from 9-3 in 'That Empty Space' which is located in Mac Hall, on the floor below the other conference rooms. It's also next to subway.
If in doubt, please bring setups tommorow. We can always lock them away.

If someone wants to bring mario party tomorrow, be my guest, although I am only bringing one wiimote and i think we'll need like 3 more to play it.

I would LOVE if someone brought new super mario bros wii that game is a BLAST with 4 ppl it basically becomes smash bros.

My internet at home is not working atm, so call/text me @ 403-402-4912 if u need to contact me.

Brad stop being a tool to Allan. It seems like such a fake beef to me. We need to bring in a common enemy for you two (saskatchewan?) and hopefully you can troll someone else for a change.

Top Bottom