• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Luke, do you like powdered donuts?
Ha.

calgary still inactive
cant really go back to u of c
Btw we're starting up smash again since VGC starts next week and apparently Paul modelled his schedule around it

In fact me, Brandon, Tom, Colin, Daniel and Ben are smashing tomorrow at Brandon's house

You can come if you want, they're Tuesday nights now but a lot of us want it changed back to Monday so we've emailed them and are awaiting a response

Dan we got cocky 64 university student players here for you to beat

Tyson651

Smash Lord
dead thread is dead.

i played smash yesterday for the first time in a long time, and holy crap im so bad now. never connect any combos, its like back 2008 where i do 1 hitters.

Stevo

Smash Champion
no. it can't be true. something entertaining in brawl

lol that was funny though.

and I know what you mean Tyson. That's why i want to play some serious matches with Carl, so it can spark my inner smash power again. Sometimes you gotta sink a bit before you can swin again.

I'm totally gonna win White Marth, though

Stevo

Smash Champion
like a saiyan I just need to recover from a mortal wound in order to increase my power level.

Question of the day

at what point in time, figuratively or litteraly, would you want someone to melt your popsicle?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
ps. i would love my action replay one day after you've been holding it hostage for 5 years haha.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i'll check if i still have it mike. im pretty sure i still do (your C++ book as well iirc)

we kept putting it off haha thanks for reminding me. Wanna meet up tomorrow? Hit me up with a text.

T-block

B2B TST
sure. are you going to ksa?

i'm helping out with a bbq in engineering quad from 2-3:30. thinking about staying around for ksa... we could meet up somewhere in there?

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Hey people, this is an idea I was thinking on in the past few days. Hear me out on this,
for the last Star Craft tournament "Little Big" they seeded players by their online rank
and placed people at a certain level in a round robin pool while the lower ranked players got put in there own.

The best possible players would be matches with the lower ranked possible players as partners (for us in marvel this would be like Jack luke and Dan being teamed with people who go 0-2 in tournaments). Their wins/losses would coincide with each other.

I thought it was a ****ing stupid idea and wouldn't work, but it actually worked out better than the normal tournament format. The casuals players would get input and coaching from the better players, because they don't want to lose.

More "new" players got involved in the "community" aspect of Starcraft 2 instead of the competitive aspect. So whether or not they want to become competitive or whatever, the scene as a whole got more notice

Another thing I've seen with them is with streaming, they get together at Over klocked gaming and watch the stream and play at the lan center during the stream. They meet up weekly to form a Edmonton team and train those players up.

All that combined tells you something.... They are doing more as a community to progress things and to appeal to their casual players than the regular tournaments. That's what you gotta do smart imo. Work from the ground up, with the people first.

When you hear the word "Tournament" you think of competitive players and a really hard challenge. If you play games seriously then this is fine for you, but if you are turned off by the idea or don't feel your good enough then your not going to even bother going.

This is just what I seen in the SC2 community and thought I'd share it here, maybe we can use some of what is being done there to make the fighting game community that much stronger.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Might as well post that on the RPS thread cuz no one plays melee anymore apparently \o/.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Question of the Day

who the **** decided it was a good idea to flip the numbers on the numpad vs the keypad on a telephone?
DUDE I WAS JUST THINKING THAT AT WORK YESTERDAY

I remember phone numbers and numerical entries by the pattern they make, and then when I have to enter them on the computer and get really confused.

Stevo

Smash Champion
DUDE I WAS JUST THINKING THAT AT WORK YESTERDAY

I remember phone numbers and numerical entries by the pattern they make, and then when I have to enter them on the computer and get really confused.
yea I know what you mean.

and working for the bank I type a lot of numbers and call people, so it is very annoying.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I really gotta get rid of 90% of the people on my facebook.

Some of the people make the most rage inducing status updates.

like "Gotta hot date tonight"

THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE

AT WHAT POINT DID GOTTA START MEANING "GOT A"

someone host smash or something

Top Bottom