• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Frio: Get ***** son.

Way to join an online community 3 years too late nub. What a ****ing nub.
Just kidding jesus christ people nice to meet you Frio. Welcome to the smash community =D

I know it says I'm from BC but I'm actually considered part of the smash community in Alberta as well. tru fax.:)

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
You're drunk, aren't you Adam?
Frio from Edmonton? Makes sense. (any spanish-speakers will understand).

Welcome, Frio. Pikachu is hard to play against good people. I wish you the best of luck.

kithkin

Smash Champion
sweeet sid 2.0

also I didnt write alxe has trouble speaking but I agree with it, cause its funny when he does.

I CANT SPEAK ****, CAPTAIN

Frio

Smash Champion
lol thanks and what does Frio mean ? I just stole the name from a video game .

Edit : lol nevermind, I found out it means cold

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm thinking of not going to this. I might go but i'm not entering the tourney.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No i'm serious. I think i'll just go and spend my time filming the event. Play a couple rounds here or there maybe.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Well I got respects for wanting to get stuff filmed I mean that would really help some things work out, but in terms of not competing... :(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Meh. If i compete, i'm throwing away $20 dollars, which i could use for 6 hours worth of dvds for my camcorder.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Nah. I'll think about it. There is two types of smashers out there. The smasher that gets good in a short amount of time, and there's the smasher who won't get good no matter how long he tries. A good example of this is JAPMAN/Alphicans and Alex respectively. I think the only smashers i've ever actually "beaten" out of Red Deer is Randall, Luke and Alex. Either way, most of my wins are usually when my opponent sandbags(Sidl) or if i nearly scrape by(Carl?).

My brothers friend came over this afternoon, and he's a complete noob. And when i say noob, i mean he's never played Melee before. He killed me twice with a F-Tilt with Pikachu against my Fox on FD. Plus, I also played against my brother and him in a 2v1 fashion and i got 4 stocked all together. As much as i love the game, it's not fun if i lose consecutively against my brother and his friend. I feel like i wanna do the Randall and throw my controller. I've played smash competitively for a little more then a year now, and my rate of improvement is as slow as a dead moose. It took me a year to learn how to wavedash before CAST1 and it took me several months to get SHFFLing, L-Cancel and all those other adv. techs down, while others nail the techniques triple as fast. I guess i'm just not one of those people.

Last month, i usually played a little more than an hour a day, but now, i think i played smash like half an hour this week. I've begun to focus more and more on my school work and i've found almost no time to do anything else, especially on the weekdays. Of course, my weekends are usually a different story, i just don't like to smash much anymore. </emosmashrant>

Also, in before the emo pictures.

Frio

Smash Champion
Sure noobking but before I can 100% confirm that give me a day or two to double check some things.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
haha victor do you know how long ive been playing this f-ing game

I didn't get good as fast as some people (Joel, Tyson) in Alberta, and many times (at more important tourneys than you've attended) I've been ***** by people I consider to be worse than me. It happens. It sucks. If you love to compete you can get past it.

kithkin

Smash Champion
*blah blah blah*.
Victor, get your *** down to this tourney, join the experience, if you cant afford or have another reason for not playing the tournament, fine. But dont go emo duck on us and say its not worth it.

If you're going to give up on trying of course you arnt good, I mean, I wasnt good, I still arn't good, but I have done well in tournaments... but wait, I'm still not good.

Seriously, I sound freaking ********, but my point is, play the game. Losing is a lot more useful than winning. I had mroe fun losing to Adam than I ever did beating randall.

Besides, I play the game for FUN, and I only ever play when im at levis or a smash event. so maybe twice a week at most.

Are you making fun of Brad or being serious...

Cause...
Dude, I'm coming, just im poor as hell and need to borrow the money to attend from my parents, which is kinda hard to do for me right now.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I can have the same experience playing friendlies. : /
Definetly not true. I win friendlies against people and then can NEVER beat them in tournament.

Nah. I'll think about it. There is two types of smashers out there. The smasher that gets good in a short amount of time, and there's the smasher who won't get good no matter how long he tries. A good example of this is JAPMAN/Alphicans and Alex respectively. I think the only smashers i've ever actually "beaten" out of Red Deer is Randall, Luke and Alex. Either way, most of my wins are usually when my opponent sandbags(Sidl) or if i nearly scrape by(Carl?).

My brothers friend came over this afternoon, and he's a complete noob. And when i say noob, i mean he's never played Melee before. He killed me twice with a F-Tilt with Pikachu against my Fox on FD. Plus, I also played against my brother and him in a 2v1 fashion and i got 4 stocked all together. As much as i love the game, it's not fun if i lose consecutively against my brother and his friend. I feel like i wanna do the Randall and throw my controller. I've played smash competitively for a little more then a year now, and my rate of improvement is as slow as a dead moose. It took me a year to learn how to wavedash before CAST1 and it took me several months to get SHFFLing, L-Cancel and all those other adv. techs down, while others nail the techniques triple as fast. I guess i'm just not one of those people.

Last month, i usually played a little more than an hour a day, but now, i think i played smash like half an hour this week. I've begun to focus more and more on my school work and i've found almost no time to do anything else, especially on the weekdays. Of course, my weekends are usually a different story, i just don't like to smash much anymore. </emosmashrant>

Also, in before the emo pictures.
Between CT3 and Gameclucks, I could tell a marginal increase in your power level. We're talking like 3,000 to.... to....:

Napa: Hey Vegita, what's the scouter say about his PAHwer level?..

Vegita: "IT'S OVER NINE THOOOUUSSSAAAAAND!"

yes... OVER. NINE. THOUSAND. :|

Sure noobking but before I can 100% confirm that give me a day or two to double check some things.
I'm a big noob though so are u sure u wanna team?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Victor, get your *** down to this tourney, join the experience, if you cant afford or have another reason for not playing the tournament, fine. But dont go emo duck on us and say its not worth it.

I am going to the tournament. I'm just not entering it. If i go and i enter the tournament, i'll be playing two rounds and then i'm out. There goes my $20 dollars. $10 bucks a round that'll last a minute. Sure, the experience would be great, but i'd rather spend my time playing friends with people i want to play with like Adam or Levi. I'd also rather film the event and watch you guys have the time of your lives. That's more enjoyable for me and probably for you guys too. A few months ago, i watched the Fc Updates on youtube and i though, hey, maybe i should do this sometime at a tournament, it'll be fun to do and you guys can watch it anytime and relive the experience somewhat. Plus, i can play friendlies whenever i want, it's a win win situation.

If you're going to give up on trying of course you arnt good, I mean, I wasnt good, I still arn't good, but I have done well in tournaments... but wait, I'm still not good.

Lately, i've lost to my brother more than i've won against him. Even if i play Sean and Brent, i'll start losing after an hour or two.

Seriously, I sound freaking ********, but my point is, play the game. Losing is a lot more useful than winning. I had mroe fun losing to Adam than I ever did beating randall.

I don't mind losing to people like Adam or even you. Of course it's fun and more useful. I have to admit, losing to Sid and Carl for 4 hours each really improved my game. But i hate losing to someone worse than me. I hate it. It discourages me.

Besides, I play the game for FUN, and I only ever play when im at levis or a smash event. so maybe twice a week at most.

I'll play for fun as well, but it'll be in friendlies.

Dude, I'm coming, just im poor as hell and need to borrow the money to attend from my parents, which is kinda hard to do for me right now.
I want to spend the admission money for camcorder dvds.

Definetly not true. I win friendlies against people and then can NEVER beat them in tournament.

Between CT3 and Gameclucks, I could tell a marginal increase in your power level. We're talking like 3,000 to.... to....:

I didn't go to CT3.

>_>

<_<
10 characters.

kithkin

Smash Champion

I'm a big noob though so are u sure u wanna team?
*cough* suuuureee theres so much wrong there adam, you're too good.

also, I know, people keep saying victor got better I dont know what hes sayin.

10 characters.
fine make your choice, but dont skip out, definately show.

I just wanna see how much better you apparently got,

Still got that MM? You can hop out if you want. but that wouldnt be too cool.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Dude, I totally have gotten better with other characters.

You should know that by now Sho.

also, hey I AM offering for victor to hop out of a MM, just sayin its not as cool.

I should know, I chicken out of MMs all the time. Kinda.

Top Bottom