• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I wish I could find the clip of Levi from AME where he was complaining about how lame FoD was cause the plats were like stereo beats all like *boom boom up and down*

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
pokestad isn't as random as FoD. Sure the stage changes, multiple walls etc. but you know far in advance when these changes will happen, and exactly what the transformation will be. There's no variation in any of it's forms. FoD has unpredictable variations that have the potential to change the outcome of a match.
The issue is the 'variations' between FoD aren't that severe. The platforms at worst make you have to move a step for the tipper, whereas half the transformations could have fox shining you for the entire time into a wall, or severe camping on a tree. The Grass and water levels aren't bad at all, but the fire and stone are so imbalanced it's ridiculous.

EDIT: There can be some gay setups with the platforms, such as not being able to get onto the ground at times, or unexpected bounces. But it's also not sudden, at all, gradual changes that you can generally notice before.

It's a great stage mostly because it has the most Blue per pixel out of any stage.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
You're not too bad Teh Icy! Especially since you never had anyone to really play with before. Not too shabby.

You coming to the melee tourneys this month?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Ehh, maybe if it's late December so I can get cheap Greyhound tickets and can carpool with the Calgary dudes the rest of the way.

Otherwise, my next one will probably be around Summer, or some holiday.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
well first of all, that thread is about making termina bay legal

second of all, if you read an actual thread regarding this, you'll see a lot of positive feed back.
um no?

I'd rather see Yoshi's go >_>

I love Fountain though. Pikachu can drink the water on the stage and perform ultimate combos.
XD

But really Kevin, what makes Yoshi's bannable? Of course it's small as ****, but Dream Land is also mega huge and those doesn't really make it bannable. The only thing that really bugs me about it sometimes are the Shy Guys. =/

Ermine

Smash Ace
um no?

XD

But really Kevin, what makes Yoshi's bannable? Of course it's small as ****, but Dream Land is also mega huge and those doesn't really make it bannable. The only thing that really bugs me about it sometimes are the Shy Guys. =/
I don't like when people beat up the Shy Guys, they are my friends =(

I just meant that I probably like it least out of the neutral stages. Dreamland is pretty legit. FD is annoying. FoD is awesome. Pokestad was pretty awesome. Battlefield as an awesome secondary song but has a stupid ledge. For how I like the neutrals, it probabaly goes like this.

FoD>Dreamland>Pokestad>Battlefield>FD>Yoshis

Stevo

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

Who is in favor for a stage list change for the next Melee monthlies? The new Melee Back Room stage list has Corneria, Poke Floats, Mute City, Green Greens, and Jungle Japes all banned, and Pokemon Stadium is no longer a neutral in Singles.

Victor, put this somewhere in the poll for like the 6th time now, or I'm not even going to consider changing it at all and we're just gonna use the standard list.

OMFG I love it.

no more mute city counter for peaches and jiggs..... for real?

and you cant use that dumb DK stage with the water.... AND that random kirby one with the bombs!

Pokemon stadium as a counter pick tho? I never even notice the stage change unless its the rock one. I xant even think of the other changes.... theres the one with the windmill................ yeah thats all I got lol

EDI: O ****, there is another wall when the tree comes up, forgot

FalseFalco

Smash Master
whoa, I think Tyler is a little confused here

The new melee backroom ruleset doesnt have ANY stages banned whatsoever

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Stage List

Singles

Starter Stage List:

* Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
* Past Stages: Dream Land
* Special Stages: Final Destination
* Special Stages: Battlefield
* Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:

* Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
* Planet Zebes: Brinstar
* Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
* Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

So Corneria/Green Greens/ etc etc AREN'T banned?

If not, seems like Fox is getting hardcore gayed.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
What are you talking about? GG, Corneria, and Poke Floats are all banned, and Pokemon Stadium is no longer a neutral. =/

I think Carl means that it's up to the TO, but idk. If I try making it to what I think is alright, people like Victor are just gonna ***** at me for making it "Tyler and Luke's stage list aka super mario party brawl melee edition" or something.

Also, if Pokemon Stadium is banned for the walls and stuff, Luke, why is it a neutral in Doubles? Walls still come up, and it's still the same thing.

They just needed to find something to put into CP since they want to get stage striking down to 1 stage, but I honestly don't know what's wrong with just stage striking down to 2 stages and then randoming it.

As strong bad put it... "stage lists shouldn't try to make things "fair," they should try to interfere as little as possible with competitive play while still avoiding banning a majority of the stages. the old stage list was legit, IMO."

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What? It being neutral in doubles is fine because all of the things that make it CP get nulled due to having someone on your team. Well not completely nulled, but nulled enough :\.

G

Ganon Funk

o god, me and dragonz had a ruff time on pokefloats against the champz lol

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I think Carl means that it's up to the TO, but idk. If I try making it to what I think is alright, people like Victor are just gonna ***** at me for making it "Tyler and Luke's stage list aka super mario party brawl melee edition" or something.
Then you tell Victor to eat a **** because every melee tournaments ever for the past however many years has had a similar stage list.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
NO STAGES ARE BANNED ON THE MBR LIST GOD **** PAY ATTENTION

anything to do with banning is up to the TO which means a tournament that strictly follows the MBR list is going to be the most boring tournament you will ever attend.

If something was banned it would be under "banned stages". Every tournament ever explicity lists which stages are "banned stages". This MBR list would too if it cared about addressing banned stages.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
The only limiting thing is stage striking. The new rules presented by the melee back room get rid of a lot of the CP stages + Pokestad as a neutral.
You call taking out stages entirely not limiting? wtf? (This is not regarding fairness, this is pruely about limiting here)

is that levi alex vs sid brad?
What?

It has come to my attention that there is another smasher called Riley. Cool name bro.
It has come to my attention that you're named riley, welcome.

Also, you make the worst posts Brad. I'm glad I can ignore them most of the time because I actually like you, but you sound like my brother (read: obnoxious) when you argue/post (synonymous in your case).
=] Hi Sid

(it's cause I don't take anything seriously here, even if I'm arguing I don't really do background checks, or even read anyones posts.)

I think so far, everybody is against the new stage list. If a couple more people speak out against it, we're just gonna keep the old stage list.
+1.

P.S: I like how majority is against it, and you're like, "we just need a couple more"

Imagine if the government was that way. "Alright we got 80% votes for Obama, if we can just push that to 90% then he can be president"

I don't know, I think we should go with the official list for the melee monthly and see what everyone thinks and then make a decision for SK8 afterwords.

As much as we might dislike it, I think the MSR knows best :/
Why can't we ever choose? How about we keep the original (read: better) one, then ask everyone if they had a prolem with it, cause they'll say no.

That or ask them when you're there, because then they get to choose. Durp.

One of the things I like about Barlw is that when you're having friendlies with someone and selecting a stage that is fair for both characters is difficult, you can just make one.
Hahaha- oh wow.

No no no.

yo Tyler people dont know who Carl is in that thread btw
probably better if you just ignore my posts since it looks like I'm calling in my personal army now
Since when does anyone not know who carl is? I still have that picture of femcarls original post

...Carl?

yeah but some people aren't willing to read that entire thread, especially when most people are gonna see my post tomorrow when there's a ton more posts in it
So you decide to link us to a huge text based post just in case people are too lazy to read a lot.

well first of all, that thread is about making termina bay legal

second of all, if you read an actual thread regarding this, you'll see a lot of positive feed back.
I consider this an actual thread.

fff I have the biggest urge to post on that thread if I were at least confident in in in not sounding ******** while running on a sleep dept of doom
Just do it anyways, thats what I do lol.

I'd rather see Yoshi's go >_>

I love Fountain though. Pikachu can drink the water on the stage and perform ultimate combos.
Kinda surprised you didn't say bradlefield.

The Grass and water levels aren't bad at all, but the fire and stone are so imbalanced it's ridiculous.
Alex confirmed for Bug/Electric Type.

The issue is the 'variations' between FoD aren't that severe.
Teleporting Ganon Upsmash combo 0%-96% on spacies. (P.S: That leads into a fair for the kill)

whoa, I think Tyler is a little confused here

The new melee backroom ruleset doesnt have ANY stages banned whatsoever
larl.

Also, if Pokemon Stadium is banned for the walls and stuff, Luke, why is it a neutral in Doubles? Walls still come up, and it's still the same thing.
Because doubles is very different? You have a teammate to assist you unless it's 2v1, in which case a wall is the least of your worries.

NO STAGES ARE BANNED ON THE MBR LIST GOD **** PAY ATTENTION

anything to do with banning is up to the TO which means a tournament that strictly follows the MBR list is going to be the most boring tournament you will ever attend.

If something was banned it would be under "banned stages". Every tournament ever explicity lists which stages are "banned stages". This MBR list would too if it cared about addressing banned stages.
Carl_lays_down_the_law.jpg

k so what is the point in having a list for counter stages then?

wouldnt every other stage fall under the counter stages if its up to the TO?
Suggestive?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh my post was pretty unclear. I meant that the stage list Tyler is suggesting is not limited and the new one presented by the MBR is.

Frio

Smash Champion
Yes. Get the shot. That's what Canada wants you to do. It's better for everyone. I got it last month and I feel a lot safer. Our government is the best.'

/end sarcasm

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
That was overly peppy. (mark)

I'm not getting it. I am not one of those medicine is evil pharmaceutical companies devil etc. people, it's just that I'm not big on getting/taking things that I don't absolutely need. The only time I've willingly taken pills in my life was when I got my wisdom teeth out. Any other time was because people wouldn't shut up about getting me to take a Tylenol or whatever. As for shots, I've got all my standard ones like MMR, HepA etc because those really **** you up, and it helps the world to be rid of ridiculous diseases that don't need to exist.

Flu is going to be around for a long while, and there will probably be much worse H1N1 or other mutations in the future.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
That was overly peppy. (mark)

I'm not getting it. I am not one of those medicine is evil pharmaceutical companies devil etc. people, it's just that I'm not big on getting/taking things that I don't absolutely need. The only time I've willingly taken pills in my life was when I got my wisdom teeth out. Any other time was because people wouldn't shut up about getting me to take a Tylenol or whatever. As for shots, I've got all my standard ones like MMR, HepA etc because those really **** you up, and it helps the world to be rid of ridiculous diseases that don't need to exist.

Flu is going to be around for a long while, and there will probably be much worse H1N1 or other mutations in the future.
I agree 110 % with this post.

I really don't ever take medicine unless it's like antibiotics or something, but that's different than my mom nagging me to take pills to get rid of my headache, when I know for a fact that they don't work for me and I can live through a small headache anyway.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
but but but, it's free and you get a juice box. 0:

lol I actually searched that up the first time I met Matt cause I had no idea what his name meant.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh, they're not two seperate events? XD Fantastic, I was worried I couldn't make it to this month's melee monthly.

Top Bottom