• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Levi5

Smash Ace
You won't put money on falcons. PLURAL. NOT EVEN TWO FALCONS? HOW MANY FALCONS DO YOU NEED TYSON?

Last edited:

kithkin

Smash Champion
Dude, I've put money on Falcon Dittos with Levi, Whats wrong with you

also Luke, I was considering getting banned again before christmas

FalseFalco

Smash Master
LOLOLOL

that was so funny

i saw quantum again the next day and once again i was the only in the theatre laughing

Alphicans

Smash Hero
No you wouldn't
Why wouldn't I? A prediction made very long ago, comes true and as a result humanity dies. It sounds pretty amusing to me. Think about it. Thousands of years to get where we are, and then everything just dissapears because of a natural disaster. It has a slight hint of irony, which is always funny.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Why wouldn't I? A prediction made very long ago, comes true and as a result humanity dies. It sounds pretty amusing to me. Think about it. Thousands of years to get where we are, and then everything just dissapears because of a natural disaster. It has a slight hint of irony, which is always funny.
You're going to laugh while everything around you that you care about dies? You're weird.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luke is just a sick person. It would be funny years afterwords if any humans were to survive.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
****. I hate FPS.
FPS games are like RTS when you have the right team and the right communication assembled. I personally hate run and gun which is why I play on realism servers for CoD4, much more strategy, much more communication and ultimately much more fun.

Overall, if you play the game the way I and my friends do, you'll find it much more satisfying than an RTS as you're the "units" in the FPS, relying heavily on Intelligence for combat information and using positioning to your advantage.

And Merry Christmas everyone.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
FPS games are like RTS when you have the right team and the right communication assembled. I personally hate run and gun which is why I play on realism servers for CoD4, much more strategy, much more communication and ultimately much more fun.

Overall, if you play the game the way I and my friends do, you'll find it much more satisfying than an RTS as you're the "units" in the FPS, relying heavily on Intelligence for combat information and using positioning to your advantage.

I don't want to be the units, I'd much prefer to control the whole army. And are you saying much more strategy and much more fun and comparing it to an RTS? If so, then wtf? Fun is a matter of taste; it's a concept. I don't see how FPS could have more strategy, considering there aren't as many variables as compared to an RTS.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman

I just go UAV Jammer + Sprint + Silenced MP5 or M4 (since I don't have the P90 yet)

Too easy.

The fact that FPS requires more of a "thinking on the go" as opposed to RTS. I mean in RTS you can have a plan of going this unit, but then you see what your opponent does and you'll counter it. FPS is kind of like that except it's much more fast paced I suppose. Seeing as you only have a split-second to kill your enemy or not.

However, even with the conditions you said, there still isn't as much strategy involved in an FPS than in a RTS (obviously), which is most likely why is appeals to different crowds. Like if you played a scrim in CS or Source you'd know that there is actually a decent amount of strategy involved.

Honestly, I dont' really care what type of game it is as long as it's fun.

lol barlw.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
It takes strategy and teamwork, teamwork the keyword here. You'd be surprised how hard it is to actually perform a strategy with team communication, sometimes things don't always go as planned, people don't position themselves well enough. While in an RTS all your Units do what they are told, I would rather experience RTS first hand then overhead.

And you're right, Fun is a matter of opinion; so is saying if a game sucks or not. I can say RTS sucks but you'd obviously disagree. Both games have their good's and bad's, you might not like FPS but their solid games regardless of your opinion.

The Majority talks.

P.S: Ah, so the average Run and Gun hey Halycon? I wish that were effective against experienced people, however the quantity of people on CoD4 servers(Noobs parse) use that basic strategy, though decent, always having that extra second to pull out your gun and shoot is a matter of life and death. Slow is Steady, Steady's Fast.

I've learned a lot from realism Hardcore servers, Run and Gun just doesn't work. Besides I played in a local server yesterday and went 49 Kills and 11 Deaths. It's easy to pick off people running into the line of fire.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised how hard it is to actually perform a strategy with team communication, sometimes things don't always go as planned, people don't position themselves well enough.
lol happens all the time when I play. Miscommunication ends up making us lose the round, etc.

I think the biggest thing is is that when you play an FPS, it comes down to the individual's skill level. In an RTS, all the units are the same, they each have a set amount of damage, 100% accuracy etc.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
lol happens all the time when I play. Miscommunication ends up making us lose the round, etc.

I think the biggest thing is is that when you play an FPS, it comes down to the individual's skill level. In an RTS, all the units are the same, they each have a set amount of damage, 100% accuracy etc.
Exactly, all individuals are different which makes more sense to me.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

"It comes down to the individual's skill level"... -_- obviously, this holds true in every game. I think I know what you are trying to say, but it doesn't really work, because better micro will kill more units, and better macro will kill your opponent.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
"It comes down to the individual's skill level"... -_- obviously, this holds true in every game. I think I know what you are trying to say, but it doesn't really work, because better micro will kill more units, and better macro will kill your opponent.
Yeah but Micro takes advantage of a game's engine. For Blizzard's RTS games (Warcraft and Starcraft), units on attack command will attack the closest unit to them.

Let's say you have 4 marines against a 2 marines, when one marine is about to die you can pull it back and the marines will start attacking your other 3 marines. If you were in an FPS situation, would you start attacking someone else? I don't think so >_> (this example is in the "simplest" of forms, so please don't start a starcraft micro war thingie)

Unless you're in a spray and pray situation.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What did that settle? Not to insult, but that was pointless :(. I am not even sure how to say what you just said in a different form. Are you saying taking advantage of how the game works is not a testament of skill?

You're right, in an FPS I wouldn't attack the other person, I would just die, because 2v1 you're going to get *****, unless the other people have a really bad position or they are just really bad, or if you have an oversheild in halo.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Are you saying taking advantage of how the game works is not a testament of skill? .
Because you can take advantage of the game mechanics doesn't mean that you're better than your opponent, or have more skill than them.

That's like killing someone with a crit rocket in TF2 and saying that you're better than them.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It does, when he could do the very same thing to me. If my opponent has 3 zealots and I have 3 zealots, and I come out with 1 zealot with almost full health, I clearly won because I have more skill. Don't compare the game mechanics of an RTS to that of a FPS, because there are very few instances where they are even remotely similar. Your example is true, it doesn't mean I have more skill, but beating out 4 rines with 2 rines is, because my opponent could have microed better, where as in your example, the opponent had very limited options.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
It does, when he could do the very same thing to me. If my opponent has 3 zealots and I have 3 zealots, and I come out with 1 zealot with almost full health, I clearly won because I have more skill. Don't compare the game mechanics of an RTS to that of a FPS, because there are very few instances where they are even remotely similar. Your example is true, it doesn't mean I have more skill, but beating out 4 rines with 2 rines is, because my opponent could have microed better, where as in your example, the opponent had very limited options.
I'm pretty sure beating 4 rines with 2 is impossible.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Take this **** somewhere else.

I play CoD4 for PS3 too, but I don't feel the need to spam a thread talking about it.

Top Bottom