• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alberta Beatdown 2! $200 BONUS POT FOR SMASH SINGLES!! June 25th -

Alphicans

Smash Hero
lololol, just some irl trolling bro. I was legit trying dun worry, but I felt really underwhelmed the whole time despite the match being moderately close. Idk, for what I was doing, it didn't feel like I should be winning.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Was kinda hard to tell, but it's all good. :p

We both weren't really hitting our strides despite trying in those pools it sounds like. I didn't hit mine until the actual bracket started and I faced off with Jack. or better yet, I didn't hit my stride until I stopped playing other games. /still trying but not up to par because of playing other fighters johns?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Dat MK.

One of us is gonna do it. Unless he quits for good before then. damnit Dan.

Oh well, 7th for me is fine because I didn't get outright destroyed, no clean beatings of 2-0 or anything. Though I think I've fallen into a bad pattern. Win the first match, get CP'd somewhere I can handle where it's very close but they win, I CP something they do good on but it's still fairly close.

But hey, this is the first time I've actually taken Jack to game 3 in tourney, s'why I'm proud of that. If I can bring close games with you guys at the top and if we keep improving? Genesis 2? Look out!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I really question your choice to take alvin to delfino.... One of MK's best stages :/. If that's the pattern you were talking about. In the future I'd just stick with what you know for CPs. There really is no need to do something crazy drastic.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hey, X did it by angling FSmash and basically harpooning the shark that is Tyrant. (inb4 I'm no X)

I'm comfortable on Delfino Plaza against MK. It is one of his best stages, but it's also a great stage for Sonic when it comes to running around and outright living. Besides, if MK wants to shark? He can go right ahead. I'll just camp the upper platforms, and I'll just practice FSmashes to counter sharking. He can't shark forever anyway. Alvin'll come up, get hit, and the stages will change as we go and I take my chances there. It's not as bad a choice as you think it was imo. I was just simply outplayed, so props to Alvin! There's worse picks like Rainbow Cruise (Sonic handles it fine, but it's MK) and Halberd. I won on Smashville, he banned FD when he won, and Yoshi's Island is overrated, so I thought Delfino.

I know Delfino as a CP. Wasn't anything drastic. :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hey man, all the power to you, but I bet if you asked any sonic in the history of brawl that if they had the choice between yoshis and delfino, they'd probably pick yoshi's.

Yoshi's in general is a very so-so MK stage.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I want you to try something against me at a smashfest, Luke. Go MK. On Yoshi's Island. Keep the pressure on, use DTilt, and tornado whenever I use the ledges for my invincible spin dashes.

Just watch. Jack already knows how overrated Yoshi's is. Personally I barely even go to Yoshi's anymore against characters like Meta Knight because of just how easily Sonic gets shut down by him there.

In conclusion though? Yoshi's would be really nice. ...if it was a little bigger.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Ok even if yoshi's isn't the greatest stage, what's wrong with ps2? That is an awful MK stage, like definitely one of his worst, or even ps1. Both stages give a lot of space, and the transformations give a lot of breathing room.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
PS2 is fine, but the aerial part outright screws me over against someone like MK. All he needs is one UAir and I'm toast essentially. PS1? I have terrible luck with the sides if I accidentally SD because of the way the platforms work. Or with the spring recovery. It happens rarely, but I still don't wanna chance it. I'm confident in Delfino, and PS1 is probably a better choice, but I like Delfino for my reasons. Besides, I'm one of the fewer characters that actually has a kill move that acts as an anti-sharking tool with going through the stage with a dtilted FSmash. Practice makes perfect for me. Nothing wrong with PS2/PS1, Delfino just sounded good at the time.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You'd be surprised how bad the aerial stage is for MK. Sonic has much better mobility on that part because he has a fast falling dair. Once MK jumps, he is completely committed to being in the air, and with his awful horizontal mobility, most characters can really abuse that. It also makes all of his B moves not very good at all.

In general, I think people should consider taking MK to ps2 more often, not just you Brandon.

KillLock

Smash Lord
i think more people should bring snake to rainbow cruise more often

!!!!!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well, sure Sonic has that, but MK has the speed of his aerials for longer on his side. In the air? MK outright beats Sonic. I only get my hits in because of a dropped shield on impulse, springs, or timing inbetween aerial attacks which can be pretty strict.

I'd be way more afraid of going into the air against MK on PS2 as Sonic, simply because one false move on MY part? And he's UAir'ing me to my death or using Tornado for the insta kill. He can just FAir, BAir, DAir, UAir me the second I try and get close. and just stay there as I can't get in. It's not that bad, but still, it's a double-edged sword in my opinion, speaking from experience.

Limeee

Smash Champion
man this game makes me so sad. i was super hyped up, played alot (ALOT, like more than ive ever played with one person over the course of two days) of friendlies with jack, and then i get into bracket and get super hype matches. i lost to mike wong, which bothers me, but i didn't expect to win. and then i advance through the bracket and ****, only to lsoe to brandon, but thats not what makes me sad.

when i saw dan trying to time out jack, i lost all my drive to play MK, idk why, i just did. then the rest of the tourney wasn't really that hype, except for lukes matches.
i was pretty bored as **** is all im saying.

i guess if genesis 2 doesn't change my mind, then i might not be as active. i dunno if i could quit just because i love most of you guys too much

ill just main ZSS or something cool and go serious in doubles

Top Bottom