• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Mr. Swamp

Smash Cadet
New Brawl tournaments every Saturday this month. The asking price per entry is $25, but it's an all day event, so you'll get your money's worth. More info coming soon.

BTW, Brawl + is mad gangsta!!!

DQP

Smash Ace
i need to play someone other than drako, he's getting boring
now let me explain this dqp roll crap that i've been complaining about for half a year
i just happened to yawn while i was playing the pretender (i think) on gh3, and SOMEBODY managed to capture it on tape, put it on youtube, and find some way to humiliate me further.
when i tried taking off the video, some jerk put it on again. i finally gave up knowing that this'll go on forever
this video isn't keeping me from coming to the akgl '08, and it probably won't keep me from playing guitar hero (or rock band) again. it just goes to show you that a single video can't keep me down, and i'll still keep playing, not to say i'll try and beat xan again (this rivalry is getting awfully old)

btw, the dqpgl (as xan called it) is still on the way, but we still need volunteers. our troop needs help, people

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
i need to play someone other than drako, he's getting boring
now let me explain this dqp roll crap that i've been complaining about for half a year
i just happened to yawn while i was playing the pretender (i think) on gh3, and SOMEBODY managed to capture it on tape, put it on youtube, and find some way to humiliate me further.
when i tried taking off the video, some jerk put it on again. i finally gave up knowing that this'll go on forever
this video isn't keeping me from coming to the akgl '08, and it probably won't keep me from playing guitar hero (or rock band) again. it just goes to show you that a single video can't keep me down, and i'll still keep playing, not to say i'll try and beat xan again (this rivalry is getting awfully old)
Nobody's trying to keep you down. Except maybe Xanskarr. But seriously, though, it's all in good fun. You have to admit that the video happens to be pretty funny.

Captain of Alaska: Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's any way for me to go to Anchorage for now because my money is being spent on college courses and fixing my car. Maybe for Spring Break though!

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Oh, Cap AK, breaking news: I have just been informed that if I try to play Smash I won't show up. I don't actually understand why myself, but you know as well as I do that it was a "protip." That means a tip from a pro -- I won't argue against that!

Too bad, because I did want to play Smash. :confused:

I mean we can TRY to play Smash, but it'd be pretty useless to even try when it goes against the advice of a protip. So we'll have to come up with a backup plan in case playing Smash fails -- which I'm pretty sure it will!

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
This is a really good post

Backup plan is always smash, but charlatans aren't warhammer generals.

I play this smash game irregularly. Other people can surely best me, but not before I took away the true prize of five identical star trek mangas. Also included in the back of the manga is a short story. A powerful tale of love, friendship, conquest, death, society. It begins like this, spoilers for those who do not like all the beautiful things in life ruined:
"Blood was everywhere.

I found the progression of the characters especially intriguing, they start off as :004:, on the cusp of maturity, then when they reach :005: they try to find themselves looking deep into their kokoro (that's a little taste of from nippon for all of you), and finally when they become themselves after years of hardship, they are masters, they are :006:

These mangas, are a fine addition to other art forms I have.

by William Shakespeare (Author), Richard Appignanesi (Author), Sonia Leong (Author)

DQP

Smash Ace
Nobody's trying to keep you down. Except maybe Xanskarr. But seriously, though, it's all in good fun. You have to admit that the video happens to be pretty funny.
Much appreciated, i just considered the video an insult rather than a joke. funkmaster was getting pretty ticked about it as well

im not trying to keep you down
i just find it hilarious
that's certainly good to know

don't forget what i said about this tournament shinding i'm throwing here

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Okay fine. Through personal experience, I know that if TCP says that he's gonna smash with you, there is an 80% chance that he's not going to show up. Seriously Jordan, what was up with that? I rly wanted to smash this time. I mean, do you remember any other time where I was actually wanting to learn from you how to play better? Any other time where I would have been open to tips and advice as opposed to learning on my own via "trial and error"? I don't rly mean to put up a big stink over all that but that was some serious bull**** that you pulled on me.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Brad: I missed one of the nights of Smash we planned on because I was doing other things and forgot. I'm sorry, but keep in mind that that whole night you never once tried to contact me. Then after you complain I say "Ok, well anytime you want to Smash while you're here just tell me and I'm down."

And then I get this "Oh, but I have to wake up for church tomorrow morning." Even though it was still day time, and "Oh, I have to pack tomorrow so I can't do it then either," even though you had all day to pack and you could have easily fit a Smash session in on that day too.

It's like you purposely didn't want to let Smash happen so I would have to feel bad. I don't want to sound like I'm making a far-out assumption but it really seems that way because ever since I missed that night all you've done is complain about it, talk about how much you want to play Smash, refuse to play it when you have plenty of time to and then even after all that you complain to other people instead of addressing me directly about it.

Also on the matter of that night I missed Smash, I could accuse you of missing it just as much as I did. Let's take a look at what happened:

1 - We planned to play Smash on a certain night
2 - Nobody made an attempt to play on that night
3 - Only I get blamed

If you truly wanted to play Smash on that night then all you had to do is call and make it happen.

Orry_watts

Smash Journeyman
but any ways.... if this tourney or w/e is in anchorage i may show up. that is if their is any cash prize or w/e. any ways peace.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Brad: I missed one of the nights of Smash we planned on because I was doing other things and forgot. I'm sorry, but keep in mind that that whole night you never once tried to contact me. Then after you complain I say "Ok, well anytime you want to Smash while you're here just tell me and I'm down."

And then I get this "Oh, but I have to wake up for church tomorrow morning." Even though it was still day time, and "Oh, I have to pack tomorrow so I can't do it then either," even though you had all day to pack and you could have easily fit a Smash session in on that day too.

It's like you purposely didn't want to let Smash happen so I would have to feel bad. I don't want to sound like I'm making a far-out assumption but it really seems that way because ever since I missed that night all you've done is complain about it, talk about how much you want to play Smash, refuse to play it when you have plenty of time to and then even after all that you complain to other people instead of addressing me directly about it.

Also on the matter of that night I missed Smash, I could accuse you of missing it just as much as I did. Let's take a look at what happened:

1 - We planned to play Smash on a certain night
2 - Nobody made an attempt to play on that night
3 - Only I get blamed

If you truly wanted to play Smash on that night then all you had to do is call and make it happen.
You're gonna have to refresh my memory on "that one night" because there was like 4 of them where we were gonna smash. Actually, let me recount the times that we were gonna smash.

-The first day I got in, I was obviously excited to play since the previous night I had practiced for several hours to get ready. I called over, you told me to call later. I called later and you said you were good to go. I arrive at your house, you and Tweak are still sleeping. Also, you ask me if there was any chance that I brought my Wii with me. WELL I COULD'VE IF YOU WOULD'VE SAID SOMETHING. >.> And then later, you try to get me to do drugs and I ditch out.

-I think it was the next night that you guys were planning on some big smash night. Since you didn't have the Wii, you guys were planning on having it over at Erik's place. You said that you guys were still getting everything straightened out but to just head over to Erik's early. I said I wouldn't go until you guys for sure had something worked out. "Call me back in 15 minutes!" "Okay!" -=2 hours later=- >.>

- "Hey, sorry about last night."
"Yeah, it's fine I guess... >.>"
"But yeah, we're gonna go do something tonight for sure!"
"Okay, you have my cell number, right? Just call me when you guys come up with something and I'll ditch this computer for the night."
"Okay!"
-=Several hours later=-
"I wonder what happened to them..."
*Calls Ben's house* "Oh, they left a few hours ago with Derek."
*Calls Jordan's house* "I think they went out to Kenny's."
*Calls Kenny's house* "Uhm, they're across the street playing DotA."
>.>

- Okay, this time you actually did show up. This was after I had to challenge you, someone I know I can't beat, to a moneymatch but meh, could've been worse (Could've been C. AK). This was also after you couldn't just simply go to Erik's house and get the Wii without making things all complicated. Meh, at least we got to smash that day. That was actually pretty fun. Even if it cost me $10...

- To avoid getting ditched, I decide to take a different approach. I caught up with you a few days in advanced on Christmas Eve. It seems like everything is all cool and we would be able to get in one last good smash before I have to leave for Washington and all. Anyways, Christmas was fun and then came Friday. I called over at about 7-8 to see what was going on. However, you weren't there. I called Ben and he said that he hadn't heard about anything happening that night. I don't actually get in touch with you until about 11:30. Turns out you went sledding with some other people. "Did you make those plans after I talked to you on Wednesday?" "Uhhhhhh........oh." -_-

I guess at that point, I pretty much gave up on the idea of having you teach me how to not suck at smash. I guess it's pretty much my own fault for letting my smash ability slip to where my Brawl isn't even as good as my ability to be good in 64. At the same time, my melee skills hasn't even gotten better in return even though I play it better than the other 2 smashes. You keep saying that I could "easily" fit a good smash in. However, I was supposed to have that computer done before I left. No way I'm living another 6 months with my dad *****in pissin and moaning over that ****. I managed to get it done the night before I left to go back to school, btw. I had stuff to do on my own. I made sure that whenever we'd be planning to smash, you didn't have things that you had to do. I tried to plan to meet up when you weren't busy with something else. When you had stuff to do, I respected that and didn't plan to smash with you during those times. But even when you weren't busy, you still ditched out on me. It's almost as if you were running from me, trying to avoid smashing with me. What's wrong, Jordan? Don't be afraid to smash with me. I couldn't have gotten that much better since I left otherwise I wouldn't be asking you to teach me how to play smash. Srsly, next time if you're not up to smash then don't tell me you are just because I'm asking. If I don't expect you to be there, chances are that I won't be as pissy next time. I mean, I truly wanted to smash and I called.

So why didn't it happen?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
It's amazing that we have to make such a big deal out of this...

That was actually pretty fun. Even if it cost me $10...
I can't believe you'd try to make me feel bad for that. I told you many times that it didn't have to be a money match and then even after the match was over I said you don't have to pay and that I don't want you to.

You proposed the idea of money matches and Ben and I both said that wouldn't make sense because there's no way you can win, and you still said it was necessary. I still don't understand why you did that, heh.

The night of Smash at Erik's failed because everyone changed their minds on going there and then there was no where to have Smash.

The night I was sledding? Yeah, a few days before that you said "let's play smash in a few days" and I said "sure," but we never set a solid plan or anything and you never talked to me about it until after the night.

Maybe if you had said something like "I care about this so much that if it doesn't happen I will publicly prosecute you on Smashboards with textbombs" as opposed to a casual "we should smash in a few days" I would have given it more consideration!

The whole time you were in town I was saying if you want to Smash then just get it going.

What's wrong, Jordan? Don't be afraid to smash with me. I couldn't have gotten that much better since I left otherwise I wouldn't be asking you to teach me how to play smash.
Brad...why would I be afraid of how good you are after we played? :(
Again this is something that you know as well as I do. With how much you're writing on this subject, I'd be amazed if this didn't cross your mind.

And then later, you try to get me to do drugs and I ditch out.
This is uncalled for. "You try to get me to do drugs and I ditch out." Are you just trying to make me look as bad as possible or something?

"You try to get me to do drugs" I asked if you wanted to try marijuana, which is much safer than alcohol and most people aren't afraid to try that. I don't like how you write it off as just "drugs," leaving it open to drugs that are actually bad as if they are all the same.

I guess since we are doing this on a public discussion board (I wonder why you choose talk this way instead of privately, and then state things that you and I both know the truth of, yet you show them in a context that makes me look bad) I should set the record straight now that Brad has called me out: I use marijuana and psychedelic drugs. Not recklessly, but responsibly, and I use them to explore my consciousness. Not to party or escape a hated life, which is why I am profoundly disturbed by people assuming I'm no different than a crack-addict or anything else they associate with that evil word "drugs."

So wait, let's look at this again. "You try to get me to do drugs and I ditch out."

First of all it has nothing to do with what we were talking about. The only reason I can think of you saying this is to make me look bad in front of other people (OH ****, IT'S THE ALASKA SMASH THREAD!). "And I ditch out." You patronizingly made a point of it when it happened, too.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Okay fine Jordan, if you don't want me to make a "big deal" about all of this then next time, don't say you're up for anything if you're not gonna show up. And about that whole thing about drugs, have it your way then. Forget that I said anything about your drug addictions, okay?

Anyways, is there any chance that Derek might be up for smash tonight?

DQP

Smash Ace
I'm not going to Hawaii for the summer, and I probably won't. And people need to stop talking about Palin. The election is OVER, people

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I wasn't even aware that I had drug addictions in the first place!

Tell me, oh wise one, what drugs am I addicted to?
I think that's how addiction usually works. You're not usually aware that you have one until you try to stop and "O shi- I can't! :o" But see, you're still at that point where you think it's all cool and you're completely in control of yourself and addiction isn't an issue. That's why you're being so difficult about this. So I think at this point, you're better off just learning on your own.

And if you were high, stoned or drunk the first time I said this, I'll repeat myself just in case you missed it. Next time, just don't say you're up for anything that you aren't gonna be up for.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I think that's how addiction usually works. You're not usually aware that you have one until you try to stop and "O shi- I can't! :o" But see, you're still at that point where you think it's all cool and you're completely in control of yourself and addiction isn't an issue. That's why you're being so difficult about this. So I think at this point, you're better off just learning on your own.

And if you were high, stoned or drunk the first time I said this, I'll repeat myself just in case you missed it. Next time, just don't say you're up for anything that you aren't gonna be up for.
How can you be so sure that I'm addicted? What evidence are you basing this off of? You don't know anything about my usage of drugs other than the fact that I do use them. Does "using" automatically equate to "addiction" for you?

And if you were high, stoned or drunk the first time I said this, I'll repeat myself just in case you missed it.
Nope, I've been sober for these conversations.
Next time, just don't say you're up for anything that you aren't gonna be up for.
You don't have to remind me of this as I have addressed you on this point several times now. (Look who needs to be reminded of the course of the conversation!)

But see, you're still at that point where you think it's all cool and you're completely in control of yourself and addiction isn't an issue.
How can you claim this? You have no idea of how often I use...are we just talking about marijuana now? Addiction to psychedelics is a non-issue. Anyway, I hate to make assumptions myself but it seems like you think you know more about this than me while you tout the stuff you read off of things like Above the Influence's 10 Facts About Marijuana. Maybe not, but either way take into consideration that I did a lot of research myself before using any drugs, and am well aware and cautious of the dangers of addiction to the drugs I use.

That's why you're being so difficult about this.
I randomly get accused of being addicted to drugs so I defend myself. Is that being difficult?
You are the one who brought this up out of nowhere in a completely unrelated subject, making baseless accusations.

Top Bottom