• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
did it not occur to you people that msn is a viable means of communication
this is a place to discuss smash and things pertaining to it
this thread is so mega ****ing fail and so is smashboards

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
to ultimate razor: not really a scene, but there are several tournament level melee players
not that those said players actually organize any events to meet up or anything
notice how i didnt mention names
how cool of me

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
did it not occur to you people that msn is a viable means of communication
It has occurred to me - I guess great minds think alike, uh?

But seriously, I am being publicly accused of things which I am not guilty of, and so I am simply defending myself. If I were to reply on MSN, I would be leaving the discussion at being called a drug-addict without denying it. As a rational person, I think I am well within my rights to stand up for myself!

As soon as Brad makes his accusations private, you guys won't have to put up with them.

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
to ultimate razor: not really a scene, but there are several tournament level melee players
not that those said players actually organize any events to meet up or anything
notice how i didnt mention names
how cool of me
Well, I plan to organize at least a couple of events while I'm up there. Feb 14 - 28

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Tournament is going to be at Senshi-Con and I will be organizing a Melee tournament at my parents' house. :) We may also have Melee free-play at SC but I can't promise because I'm not in charge of the convention anymore. But I will also be having tons of smashfests. Start thinking of your teammate for the Melee tourney too because I will have both doubles and singles if there is enough interest =D

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
I didn't get serious about Smash until I moved to California, sadly. =( I'd play for fun with my best friend Ian/Fullmetal Mario, but it wasn't until Lunaris trained me during one of my visits back home that I decided I wanted to be a competitive smasher for sure. I'm gonna do my best to bring SoCal goodness to Anchorage next month! <3

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'll be in Anchorage from tomorrow until the 28th. =) I only have Derek's number and he doesn't always like to answer his phone (lawl) so if any of you would like to get a hold of me for smash, my cell is 818-802-3522.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
well, am i the only one going to the senshi con on saturday? what a bummer
So far, I think it's:

RinaChan
Derek
Adrian
Mario_128
Me
FullMetalMario
DQP

People I wouldn't be surprised to see:
FMK
Danny/Sally
Manny
PFunk (kind of n00bish kid here at JC. He might try to make it.)
Leo(?) (That one Ness from AFNT)
Swamp
A bunch of convention attendees that won't know that this is going on until they see it on Saturday.

This is gonna be like AKGL...

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's this Saturday. The tournament will start at 1 pm but please be there early---the con starts at noon, and we can't make the bracket until everyone is there. So in other words, plan to be there at noon - there will be friendlies setups until tourney starts.

SO FAR it is singles only but there will be a doubles portion as well if there is enough interest. Apparently UAA has issues with the cash prizes thing but we'll find some way around it, so no worries.

Derek will be assisting me with seeding, since unlike SoCal I am not familiar with the skill level/rankings of the players up here. Yet another reason to be early---look over the bracket beforehand to assure you aren't playing your best friend/girlfriend/whatever first round.

Official Smashfest - Brawl AND Melee - this Thursday 6 pm!
It will be held at my parents' house.
3745 Encore Cir. Anchorage, AK 99507.
Yes, I put my address on Smashboards---Don't stalk me. :p

Any questions, text or call at 818.802.3522~

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
???????????????????????hhhheeeeeelllllpppppmmmmmmm eeee

can someone please teach me how to L-Cancel?

i need help.

Also, can someone tell me how I can grow my hair back? To my former minute glory, I mean.

heh heh heh...

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
will there be melee at senshi con, at least friendlies?
There won't be a tournament (Senshi-con is having only a select few tourneys this year) but there will definitely be a setup for friendlies. I'm also having that smashfest tomorrow night.

I'm crappy at Melee, just to warn you guys (though I do play it quite a bit) but MMs for Brawl are accepted and encouraged. :D

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
So at the last Brawl tournament I was at, it just so happened that my Wii was the only one usable at the time and I had the only available copy of Brawl. I'm hoping that I won't run into the same problem. Are you gonna be needing any extra setups? Also, will there be any more smashfests before you leave? I can only travel into Anchorage on the weekends since I'm attending school up here in Palmer (Job Corps lol).

So wait, will Che and Xans be playing in the tournament??? Hmm...

Oh, and more details on the Melee tournament, pl0x.

Edit: Rina, I've been playing alot more Melee lately so my Brawl skills have been a little kinked as of late but meh, no johns so MMs are still on!

P.s. You wouldn't happen to remember what I was gonna MM you on, would you? =3

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Good grief, now you guys sound just like the Melee elitists I know in SoCal! Come down and have a little fun, it won't hurt you. :p

Spacing_out, I think you wanted Peach and Sheik ditto MMs with me if I remember correctly.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
dude rina i like tried calling the number you gave out but like i got no answer
i was gunna ask if i should bring my wii/tv/melee/memcard and obviously controller
AND i need directions

Rina-chan

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that, I was probably away from my phone. I'll call you today.
Yes, please do bring an extra setup~ I have Brawl + Melee at the house but only one tv and one wii, and everyone likes to use their own controllers for obvious reasons.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Hey Rina just checked out your brawl taunt video(s).. pretty hilarious.. what I'm most amazed at his how I didn't find out about it sooner, looks so popular

Top Bottom