• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
expecting to see most of you there.

****, i am gonna be tired

if you can bring a tv+setup, you'll have a better chance of being able to play friendlies. firstly because there'd simply be more tvs to use, secondly because if it's not presently being used for tourney matches you'd pretty much be able to dictate what's played on the TV(remember there will be a lot of people wanting to play other games). even a small one is good.

so, at least one of us should bring a setup, or at least a tv. it's especially important since we don't really know for sure how things will run(no, i am not involved in its planning).

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
same here good sir. First night of wowing kept me up till 6 30. plus i called in sick. today should be interesting. doign **** at ur place afters?

il bring my tv, if somebody else can bring a set up.
unless violent-lab wants to bring his tv instead.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
same here good sir. First night of wowing kept me up till 6 30. plus i called in sick. today should be interesting. doign **** at ur place afters?

il bring my tv, if somebody else can bring a set up.
unless violent-lab wants to bring his tv instead.
good ****. and yeah that's the plan, unless we decide we want to try going to josh's. there should be plenty of tvs there.

i was at josh's til like 30 minutes ago... hope i wake up on time.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
we need tv's and systems, and smash. we''re gonna be short it seems. very short. this whole thing at this point does not seem very well planned. umm..so bring em if you gottem.

DQP

Smash Ace
GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!! XD

greetings from beautiful bloomsburg, PA

how'd the tourney go?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Negative, Capt. AK. I will not be reporting into Anchorage any time close to now -- at least not for any reason I can see yet. I do hope to find one, though, before November is gone.

Keep an eye out for my next status report within 2-3 weeks.

TCP out!

Lunaris

Smash Ace
Dammit, that Brawl tournament was ****ing GAY.
he did alright with the melee one, so i'm satisfied. i honestly had no idea what was happening with the brawl one, i was just playing gg or melee at the other side of the room.

if we have another, it needs to be better organized. coordinate so people don't have matches in different tournaments at the same time, make better use of the available TVs, etc.

i had a lot of fun. seems like it worked out ****tily for ean though, which sucks.

and i am now the "proud" owner of FIVE(5)(1+1+1+1+1)(5x1)(10/2)(****ING _FIVE_) copies of that Star Trek manga. what the ****.

ARTHUR YOU **** YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO STAY TO GET GGAC FROM ME

ps i dunno why he never told us but according to the tournament results, cap ak's real name is "capt. danny boi".

Lunaris

Smash Ace
the brawl tournament was whack cuz like 1/4 of the people that signed up for it left
yeah, i have no idea what happened with that. my only suggestion is that if you want to ensure a tourney runs well, either get involved with it yourself or encourage someone who you know cares about it a lot to run it. i can help you with getting involved if you want. josh's pretty into fighting games in general, but i'd say he's primarily a tekken player. not to say that he didn't try; he had 5 or more tournaments to run and was running on little sleep. if the problem was just people forfeiting, there wasn't much he could have done other than run the entire tourney faster.

who got 3rd in brawl, anyways? i know adrian got 2nd, and i think arthur wasn't present for brawl. was it manny? eddie?

results for melee according to josh were

"1.deeRAK!!!
2.CPT.danny boi!!
3.arther
4.XAN
5.adrian.B"

shame chee didnt make it

josh is thinking of running another one on nov. 15th, which is part of why i wrote the first paragraph.

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i have no idea what happened with that. my only suggestion is that if you want to ensure a tourney runs well, either get involved with it yourself or encourage someone who you know cares about it a lot to run it. i can help you with getting involved if you want. josh's pretty into fighting games in general, but i'd say he's primarily a tekken player. not to say that he didn't try; he had 5 or more tournaments to run and was running on little sleep. if the problem was just people forfeiting, there wasn't much he could have done other than run the entire tourney faster.

who got 3rd in brawl, anyways? i know adrian got 2nd, and i think arthur wasn't present for brawl. was it manny? eddie?

results for melee according to josh were

"1.deeRAK!!!
2.CPT.danny boi!!
3.arther
4.XAN
5.adrian.B"

shame chee didnt make it

josh is thinking of running another one on nov. 15th, which is part of why i wrote the first paragraph.
dan salazar 3rd(kirby)
manny 4th(falco)

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Lol, GZC.

Anyways, yesterday I wrote up one of my typical post-tournament textbombs but phaggit computer wasn't letting me post it but maybe I will tonight. Well, Wolf dittos with Adrian didn't go very well for me and neither did Falco dittos with Manny, which was to be expected. Maybe we'll get the Lucas ditto out of the way next time.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

awesome tournament

kind of.

even though i think i was playing at my peak then it's fine.

because you know what?

it means i have room for improvement.

i mean, i'm not like m2k where i can't get any better.

i can still improve.

hopefully. even though i probably won't

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
*****es get fucckign crunk im slap my **** in all of your faces lololol ****in newb scrub ***** r u mad ***** lawl **** on yo moms face

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I agree, the Melee tournament was run fairly well although I can't help but question how the brackets were made up. As I type this, I'm downloading the tio tournament organizer from AllIsBrawl for future tournaments, if/when needed. With Xans in my first match and Adrian in my second match, I really didn't have a chance in that tournament, which I fully expected.

The Brawl tournament, as I said, was ****ing GAY. In the middle of the Melee tournament, they decide to start the Brawl tournament only to put on the brakes after two matches. Then Brawl starts/"resumes" at 11pm after

adrian Blk said:
1/4 of the people that signed up for it left.
After 8 1/2 hours of waiting to play, it's beginning to look like the wait for a kickass tournament is over. However, it is soon discovered that I have the only copy of Brawl available and therefore only one station for tournament play all done on my Wii. Slow tournament is slow. Or is it?

It would be if it was run in normal double elimination format. But no, it was decided that due to time constraints, it would be cut down to single elimination "by golly you better not **** up EVEN ONCE" format. Actually, if you listen closely to my second game against Salazar (Wolf vs Kirby), you can actually hear Adrian announce it and briefly converse with Manny about it in the background. You will notice that a few seconds after the announcement, Salazar knocks me to my last stock in this second match that I need to win to extend the match. Yeah, although I came back to win that match, my mental game wasn't doing too good with the change of format in my head. With two SDs in the last match, my poor performance led to a disappointing finish in the first round.

I know I can beat this Salazar kid but a loss is a loss and in tournament play, this is the second "down to the wire" match we've played, him coming out on top both times. After a good weeks worth of preparation, this was a pretty big blow to my brawl dignity. I didn't win a single tournament match other than that one in Tekken but I DON'T EVEN PLAY TEKKEN. I may just take a short break from competitive smash but I'll still be looking forward to February and just about anything in between. Heed my words, the guy with the white GC controller will be back to smash another day but for now, I think I might just play GH and maybe an occasional smash...

a casual 5min ffa...

with items and the smashball...

on the Green Hill Zone...

...using Squirtle with the Nunchucks.

Edit: I *might* go on Nov. 15th.

banksters

Smash Apprentice
Ean, your upside down pad/stick play on the 2d fighters was epic man. xD

Someone upload that pic that Ean made with Marth looking up at the pepsi bottle on top of the tv, the one I took had ****ty quality... >_>

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
Ean, your upside down pad/stick play on the 2d fighters was epic man. xD

Someone upload that pic that Ean made with Marth looking up at the pepsi bottle on top of the tv, the one I took had ****ty quality... >_>
Haha, actually I made that one on accident. I paused in the middle of the match and I was like "I can do something with this...>.>"

Lunaris

Smash Ace
people are welcome at my place as usual tomorrow.

if you want to play brawl, you will most likely have to bring a wii and a brawl copy unless my wii magically starts working again.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
i have an idea
but, it depends on how late people are staying at drox's house. and also involves me getting a ride to best buy at like 6 45 in the morning[sunday]. as well as a ride from best buy at about 10:45-11'sih the previos night [saturday]

Lunaris

Smash Ace
i will probably be asleep until pretty late, so don't plan on coming over early. i'll post when i get up assuming there's been more posts, or you could call(441-7187) and i'll return it when i get up(assuming your number is visible on caller id). in case it isn't clear that's for anybody coming, not just ean.

ean: i could pick you up from work at night, but i'm not up to giving a 7 am ride. what if i drive you home(or wherever you normally leave for work at) whenever i take the last person who needs a ride home?

Top Bottom