• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Heh, Jesusmon, that was great.
Well, I certainly had fun yesterday, we will have to do it again sometime.
Steve, it was great meeting you, I can tell that you deffinetley have a good grasp on the concepts of smash, just keep up the good work, and we shall smash again someday.:D .

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Hi Derek, we finally got settled into our house, so now hopefully I'll be able to get some quality smash practice sessions with you if you're up for it (the training mode just isn't cutting it.) I'll drop you a line this weekend if you've got the time. Sorry this is so short, but it's the abridged version of the original I had. I got kicked offline and lost that entire previous post. Well, no use crying about it...talk to you later.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, I know, we can hold it at my house!!!!...in Juneau! Haha, j/k XD

If only Juneau had as much of an established community of smashers as you guys. I can dream, can't I? :D

Oh well. Matt [Smashboards handle: Blue] and I are working on setting up a tournament, and we're working on getting the players here to become more skilled and whatnot. It's not much, but it's a start.

Well, I hope that smashfest of yours is fun (wish I could attend)...And guys, don't be worried if Derek ends up recordin' some of your matches, haha.

Later,

Steve

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Derek, I think that Thomas Peters' camera is digital, maybe he'll let me borrow it, unless he wants me and my other two friends make a new movie with him, but I'll see what I can do.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Umm...Derek, I don't think Jeremiah's going to be showing up for any smashfests...lol...you guys crushed any desire he had to improve at the game last time he played you. You're sickening display of power left him more or less speechless and missing his pride and dignity ^_^ But I'll gladly get flogged by you on Saturday (I might pick up some more nifty tricks), and I'll try to bring my brother with me. I'll give you a call later today (Friday) and set things up with you. Oh, and could you not record any matches till I start winning? ^_^'

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
...OMG! I thought I was the only person from alaska on this entire board @_@;

Wheeee, this is great! ^^ Even though you'll probably all whoop my *ss seriously bad, I dun really care : P I only have my brother and a friend to play against, sooo... yeah ^^;

If my parents will let me go, I'd be glad to come to a local tourney or whatever ^^; I figure it'll at least be good experience for me XD

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm only 13 ^^; Mah one friend is 13 also and my brother is 18. And, well, compared to me, my brother and friend arn't very good ^^; Bro is basically a button smasher and my friend at least knows the moves, but can't get them out ^^;

And yes, we'd probably hafta drive out, but it probably wouldn't be too big of a deal... hopefully not anyway ^^;

Drakkus

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody. My name is dustin. im a friend of Derek (aka 'the smash god of ak'). i signed up up on smash boards like... a month or 2 ago or sumthing, but i havnt posted yet cuz...um.... im lazy. anyways, i play shiek (sheik? sp) and samus. i dont really like fighting games much (cuz im not very good at them. shhh dont tell anybody), but smash is pretty sweet.

anyways, herro, my name is dustin. wait, i said that already. nm.

CauthonLuck

Smash Journeyman
If you accept the challenge, I'll even let you have another crack at my title of Roy Master
We can make fun of Link , and everyone can meet The Man, it'll be great. Let me know if I should polish up my rusty, c-stick happy Roy, it's been far too long since he was last unleashed.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Drakkus
Hello everybody. My name is dustin. im a friend of Derek (aka 'the smash god of ak'). i signed up up on smash boards like... a month or 2 ago or sumthing, but i havnt posted yet cuz...um.... im lazy. anyways, i play shiek (sheik? sp) and samus. i dont really like fighting games much (cuz im not very good at them. shhh dont tell anybody), but smash is pretty sweet.

anyways, herro, my name is dustin. wait, i said that already. nm.
It's about time you got on here, now you can expierience the wonderful world of Smash Boards! Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that your'e not good at fighting games,* forwards Drakkus' confession to countless members* :chuckle: . Nah, anyway, glad to have you aboard.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Yes, and you shall partake in our strange customs, like the annual running of the moose, I tell ya, those things are CRAZY for blood. And bobbing for salmon, must bring your own floss though, y'know for the scales n' stuff? And you'll be able to see how much Alaskan smashers rock!! Soon the whole world shall know of our abilities!!

Thriss

Smash Rookie
Hey, just wanted to post i live in anchorage and have a couple friends that play 1 has devoted half his life to this game lol,and has competed in a couple tourneys placed 4th in one i think.Maybe we can set somthing up and go smash.Ill be checking up on this board.It would be good to get a good alaskan smashing community going.

Thriss

Smash Rookie
Hey lunaris are you reggey or however you spell it i know burke (Black guy shaved eye brows)i live near him im friends with blake too ive been wanting to play you i hear your **** good.=) I play shiek and marth,shiek mostly but im learning marth.I do ok agianst burke never beat him 1 on 1 yet but trying.Ill come over some time and help you with setting up a tourney.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, haven't posted in a while, but I've got time now. Well to bring everyone up to speed in the wonderful world of smashing here in Anchorage, the latest smashfest at Lunaris' (do you prefer Derek or Reggie?) was loads of fun. Lots and lots of utter pwnage of Samus and Sheik by Derek/Reggie/Lunaris/"whatever his real name is"'s Falco, but that's to be expected when his Falco takes to the field.

Thriss, when Lunaris said to brush up on your l-canceling, fast falls, techs, wavedashes, etc. believe me when I say you'll need every bit of it. To this day, I have beaten his Falco once and only once, and that was last Saturday out of 30-40+ rounds. It took a s***load of Samus's bombs (which Falco has gained a lot of respect for), a lot of acid baths in Brinstar, and a measure of luck just to accomplish that. But on the up side, thanks to some experimentation and Lunaris's never ending thirst for Smash matches, I'm glad to say that I have improved. Samus, or "that (rhymes with "ram") robot" as she's more affectionately known :p , can now consistantly take lives off Falco, which is saying quite a bit seeing as the first time I ever fought his Falco, he mopped the floor with me 5-0 every match that day. Yes, total ownage is the only way I can describe that humbling experience...but that's what happens when you spend 4 years in a foreign country and the only accessible (and laughable) "competition" (victims) is still in elementary school.

Anyways, I think that's enough for now. Lunaris, let me know when's the next time you can smash, you know I'm always up for the challenge.

Thriss

Smash Rookie
Yeah ill brush up on those things.I dont own my own GC but i borrow blakes alot and get pretty good seeing i dont own it.I have wavedashing and fast fall down pretty good,I canceling i dont know so much about.

Nope i havent seen naruto ive heard lots of stuff about it,the sandguy sounds awsome heard hes killed lots and isnt stopping anytime soon.Im waiting for burke to burn a copy so i can watch it but till then ill have to wait.

On a smash note i would love to help host a tourney but a place to host it at is a problem,I live in 3 bedrrom apartments so isnt very big or id say come over here and host it but that isnt happening anytime soon.

Ill do some searching in I-canceling and ill get back to you.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Umm...it's L-canceling, sorry, I didn't use caps. Basically, you just hit L/R (either works, but R is easier) right as you're landing, helps cut lag on aerial A moves...I don't think it works with B. Anyways, if you want a better idea, use Link's aerial down+A, and hit L/R right as you land. He recovers *much* faster if you L-cancel.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Yes, L-canceling is a great thing to master if you want to be a master smasher. Mario's attacks, like his down+A aireal and his forward+A aireal, can benefit greatly from it. Just go into training mode and fool around with different attacks, esspecialy those that you use a lot, and practice L-canceling them until it's like a natural reflex.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
As some of you may know, I'm going to Washington from the 18th/19th-22nd of this month. When I get back, I'll host a smashfest, and we can play smash/naruto 2/watch the vids I record down there(they'll be of California, Washington, and me). I plan to set up a VCR and record a bunch of vids to show to you guys... hopefully, none of the players will mind. Steve, I'll send you a copy. Hopefully, everyone can make it... ****, it'll be fun without the worry of homework.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
Well... this has fallen to the second page! How DARE this HAPPEN! I hope all of Alaska can get it right back up to the front page where it belongs :D.

As for the topic, are you coming to FC, Reggie? Because... I'm going. And I'm going to ditto Falco yer *** for that meal I got comin' :).

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was wondering what happened to you. I ran into Burke at Totem a few days ago and he said you never went on that trip and weren't doing much. Well, I'm off to play GGXX with some new people today, but I'll be sure to give you a call sometime soon...guess I'll have to practice Melee again, I haven't played much and if I go in cold, I'll probably get ***** worse than usual :p Good to know you're still alive by the way.

Kenjiblade

Smash Apprentice
Smashfests at Derek's house...Sounds good; too bad I'm way down here in Juneau. :(

Oh well, at least I'll get to see some sweet footage of the smashing when Derek's finished with the tape.

Oh yeah, in case I forgot to mention, here are some characters to add to the tape, if you haven't yet:

Mewtwo
Sheik
Samus
Capt. Falcon
Jigglypuff

If you can't add all of those by now, that's fine too. Anyway, have fun with the holiday smashfests! There have been some over here in Juneau, too, with some mixed results... XD

Testament

Smash Apprentice
If Derek finishes that tape, you'll see a sweet Samus combo I pulled off on Sheik that was practically an instant KO. I don't recall the exact combo, it was done totally on reflex. Too bad I haven't been able to train myself to do things like that on demand...

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
...oops <.<;

omg, I forgot about this topic ^^;

Well, if I ever get around to going over to your house sometime and getting to know you a bit, I bet my family would let some of you guys come over to our house. We have a huge wide-screen TV. XD

I can't wave dash though, I've done it a couple times in practice, but not in battle : P idk, I don't really think it's helpful except to maybe Luigi... but I do know standard tactics such as L-Canceling and stuff. Idk, all I know is that everyone would be owning me : P Though I think it might be nice to get owned, seeing as I never do <.<;

But yeah, I'll see if I'll ever be able to hook up with you guys ^^;

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Third Page!!?? D@mn that hurts, You make-a-me bleed!

I'm definetley free during the 4 day weekend, but my dad gets back from Hawaii on Sat. so I may not be able to do much that day, plus, my other friends and I are going to get together sometime as well. Lets talk about this at VGC tomorow Derek.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I almost forgot about this too...I've been having way too much fun with Guilty Gear lately, sorry Derek. Umm...yeah, I should be able to drag me and my brother out and over there this weekend, Saturday good for you? Guess I'll have to have a few warm-up rounds tomorrow or something...let's see if I can bag another win :D

Lunaris

Smash Ace
Go ahead and come over any time you like; but everyone is scheduled to come over saturday. Ian, Darren, Ian, and maybe dustin too. Hopefully Neo and Blake can make it too. So yes, Carlos, saturday would be very good =) Feel free to come friday if you want a warm up.

Top Bottom