• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

PikaNoTamashii

Smash Rookie
A challenge!

Ello, this is my first time on the boards! I stopped playing this for about 5 months. But, yesterday i gave it another go. Lunaris helped me practice as Pikachu(who is now my best character).
Lunaris showed me some of the things that Rori did, like short hopping and neutral a, l canceling it and doing it multiple times.
The most I can do it is 5 time in a row. Im Matt Rose, I like to play as Pikachu, Link, JigglyPuff, Fox, Luigi and Bowser. My best are Pikachu, Link, Fox and Bowser. The Smash Fest we had today was awsome. I learned today. I may not have won this time, but i'll be ready next time! I'm eager to go to the Melee-FC Derek has been talking about. He told me that he learned a lot from TG5 and I want to see some of the people out there! I think I can challenge some of you people out there!:laugh:

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Yes, and they shall be POboxed 1505067.8 by you. That was a good smashfest, I look forward to the next one. next Saturday, right? I'll be there.

PikaNoTamashii

Smash Rookie
Wow, Thanks!

I'm glad to see someone feels cinfident in my skills! But, to tell the truth, I'm not even aware im doin it... Well this tourny was fun. I got better at Link. I liked the Link/Young Link team we had Derek. It definately needs some work. Like the fact that over 50% of your deaths are always in some shape or form because I didn't see you there. I guess it's because im not used to being on teams. Well, and the fact that from what I've seen Link doesn't make a good "in the fray" ally. I also have to watch where I'm throwing those bombs. I wanted to show you my "Bomb Barrage" but I never got to. I'll just tell you how to do it. Pull out a bomb, short hop forward, throw the bomb as soon as you jump, jump away from the opponent, as soon as you jump pull out a bomb, throw it, wava dash forward, then repeat. This works best if the opponent is using their shied. Mainly because by the time they bounce the bomb out of the explosion range another is comming at them. I think this is a pretty interesting combo. O ya, and instead of repeating it after the wave dash just grab after the wave dash. Amazingly enough Link is just in range for the attack. On another subject, I think me and Ian make a good team. His Mario has really gotten good. The only thing he could do to improve "well at leats I think" is L cancelling. Other then that I'm impressed. I was really happy to have you on my team again. I miss having you on my team. We really should come up with some other teams. Mainly because I'm going to go to those tournies no matter what. I'm hoping to win the next tourny we have. I.... must... beat.... a... him.... at... least.... once...:grrr:

Drakkus

Smash Rookie
Herro everyone

I was grounded for like a month, but now im back.

anyways, last weekend we had another smashfest at Derek's house and it was pretty sweet. i had fun anyways, matt may be a little depressed at loosing to me all night long...

we had a mini tourney (well, 2 actually)

first, we did the teams tourney

1st- Derek, Darrin (smash god + smash noob)
2nd- Dustin (me), Chris (awesome at smash + awesomer at smash)
3rd- Ian, Matt (good at smash + wishes he was good at smash)
4th- Carlos, William (big bro + lil bro)

after the teams tourney we held a singles tourney (Carlos and William left before the singles tournement because they knew they would lose to me)

note: Derek didnt participate in the singles tourney (he is too good to play us mere mortals)

1st-Chris (good job)
2nd-Ian (good try)
3rd- Me (yessssss)
4th- Matt (poor matt)
5th- Darrin (noob)

It was fun playing all you losers; hope we can do it again soon ;P

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Lol Drakkus...believe me, if we could've stayed, we would've, but my dad was taking off for a week so we couldn't get out of dinner with the folks. I actually wanted to get some rounds in against Ian's Mario (I could definitely use some practice against him), and I wish I could've stuck around for that solo tourney. Probably would've done better in that one. As for that team tourney...me and my brother won a few matches before it started, so I've got no complaints. All things considered, I don't think we did too bad with the dual swordsmen (Marth and Roy), especially considering how long it's been since I've used Roy. I must say though, it's not everyday I land a full charged Flare Blade on someone :D Anyway, my dad comes back tomorrow, so I'm not sure if me and my brother'll be able to make it to any possibly smashfests Derek may or may not hold.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
well, I would HOPE that we would record more stuff, since my performance last time was WAY below my comfortable standards, I'll do better this time....I should probably practice a bit more then.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Meh, my Samus hasn't really been improving much in a while...I might've reached a standstill with her for now; I can't seem to come up with anything new. Well, anyway, I've been overcome by the urge to use Marth and Roy quite a bit now, been working on nailing down shorthopped, fastfalled, and l-cancelled aerials, and it's coming along quite nicely too; just a pity Samus's short hop is nowhere near most other characters's...she'd be SO much more formidable if she could only bring those aerials into play sooner :( Aside from that, thanks to me working on Marth a bit, I've been able to get my brother to begin using short hops and such, so hopefully his Marth (and my Marth 'n Roy) will be a bit more formidable next time.

In other news, this week's smashfest (if we have one) may be my last...unless something comes up to keep me from going to basic training, which is entirely possible now. I'm starting to feel like I'm trying to talk myself out of going...hmm...well anyways, that's about it for now, laterz.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Oh the irony...just found out that I have no chance of leaving until the end of May, and that's assuming I go (if they can't save the job they had open for me, then I'm not going.) Oh well, more time for smash :D Anyway, time to go practice.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Interesting stuff...but I don't know, after playing Marth for the last few days, I feel as though I've been spoiled by his lightning fast aerials...oh, I don't intend to drop Samus, but having a faster character for back-up certainly wouldn't hurt.

Hey, what's this about a Microplay tourney? Any confirmation on that, or should I stop by Microplay today or tomorrow and check it out? Well anyways, I'll probably see everybody Saturday then. I'll bring GGXX too, I still want a few matches with you.

Karisu-Ryo

Smash Rookie
It is -I-

Yes, hello everyone... This is Chris, you know, the little sheik that could!(fight reg's marth anyways) I just finally got around to posting, so all is well. As most of you know(not all) my char's include Sheik, Peach, Roy(needs much work), G&W(just a new notion i had, we'll see how it works this weekend) and i am also thinking about integrating a bit of Zelda. First of all, we need more people in the smash community up here... which has been a loong problem for reg, which he is trying to solve, and if anyone is out there, or if anyone can help more than they already are, that would be great. Also, i think Alaska needs to get at least 2 people up for TG6 AND FC. I know reg is going to FC, and i might too, but we need to represent at TG6(which i am most likely going to attend)

Also, what are we going to do about the Microplay tournament... if it is FFA... well, we'll be playing with NOOBS, so we need to maybe practice some FFA this weekend if that is confirmed. Also, i think we need to get Reg to stay out of the tourney as the Tutor, i mean(for all those who watch Naruto) what would the Chounin exams be like if kakashi or guy was entered, sheesh. Anyways, I'll see you this weekend, and i was thinking maybe about sometime in the future hosting another REAL tournament(you can ask Microplay if they aren't doing this one to host 1v1's... it might be good to talk to the people who work there also, they tend to be good[for all thos who went to the SC2 tourney])

Just general advice to everyone... even though they may not need it... Try to work up more Chars(Ian?) and of course the mind games. I suggest that we make this Smash fest partially for experimentation... we need to add more variety. So, after this Multi-topic post, I'll be out, and let's see a turnout this weekend like we did on my first actual fest. Laterz.

PS. don't take offense reg, but as you've told me, it'd be cool to have everyone you're bringing up reap the benefits of their practice, besides, it'll be way good for the "AK Smashers" pride if we take the entire tournament...

PSS I'm not so sure if i will enter the tournament, i'm not nearly as above everyone as Reg is, but i do have a bit more experience than most of you guys, and anyways, i know some of you are great and need this to help boost your general motive to improve.

PSSS Oh and on the topic of Char variety.... we should use multiple chars, but don't spread yourself too thin(unless you are Reggie, than it doesn't matter) I think working one char up at a time would be the most efficient way to go about it. (oh, and this topic is mainly aimed towards matt, who has great potential, just needs a bit of work in some areas, so most of you can ignore it, as you do, and always will, use one char(cough ian and will cough).

SOOO CLOSE TO 100TH POST!!! NOOOO

Drakkus

Smash Rookie
Not Invite n00bs?!?!

Posted be Lunaris:

"so you should try to tell a few people(preferably people who are not incredibly awful)"

Um.... hello? we invite them and then STEAL ALL OF THEIR MONEY! How about you shell out five bucks from ur prize money fer every newb i bring?

FFA?!? dear god, i hope not. i suck at FFAs (except against against newbs where i get to OBLITERATE and pretend that im good at this game).

Karisu-Ryo? wtf kind of name is that? who is this n00b who thinks he can give us smash advise? hey n00b, see that thing below ur name? where it says smash NOOB! O, lookit that. only ONE post. NOOB!

and see that thing below MY name? Is says.... oh yeah, noob.... I hate that. :(

Anyways

Lunaris: looks like im at my dads this weekend and i have about zero homework so i can prolly come over tomorrow (sat)

PS: hi chris. its cool that ur posting now

PSS: ur name is gay

PSSS: and stupid

PSSSS: wtf is up with all the PS crap?

PSSSSS: ;P

Testament

Smash Apprentice
^And that, kids, is why you should never drink more than 5 bottles of Jolt per day :D

Anyway, so we're on for tomorrow, right? I'll drop you a line shortly after I wake up (1-2 pm-ish unless I stay up later than usual), and I'll just have a few quick things to take care of here at home before I can head on over there. So...see you then.

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
I'm definetly gong to that and the Double dash tourney as well. I'm assuming that there will be another smash fest at your house this weekend Derek, for a good chance to train.

Karisu-Ryo

Smash Rookie
Hey, it's chris... apparently this Microplay Tourny is totally filled(acording to reg) so iono, hopefully one of us entered so we can win, but as far as i know... none of us did, that's depressing. I wanted to enter a REAL tourny...(even though we woulda totally PWND it, seeing as how *******es etc. enter) well, let's hope the winner at the very least knows what Wave dash means... however that is unlikely seeing the intellect smash wise of everyone i know.

Well... in other news i've been talking to a lot of people who have actually played Smash and know basics, and their general personalities leaves a lot of room for growth, so i'll see if i can't bring some new recruits in one of these days.... yeah, peace out((((I AM SO PISSED))))

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Microplay's been fully booked; but they said they were considering running a second Melee tourney around the same time (not too sure exactly when, perhaps the next week) since the other tournies they had planned aren't filling up as fast as they'd hoped. Me and my bro are on the waiting list should they decide to hold a second Melee tourney. Might actually be worth it to show up at the tourney on the 28th though, at the very least to see if any slots happen to open up due to no shows and drop outs *holsters gun* :D I also asked if they'd hosted any GGXX tournies, apparently they tried to hold one a while back, but not enough people signed on...finding good competition for GGXX is hard up here...

Anyway, Reg, are we on for the usual tomorrow; or are you actually over-booked with homework for once?

Testament

Smash Apprentice
In before anyone else has a say! Guilty Gear XX!!! Any objections? Going once, twice, thrice; SOLD! WHOO HOO, GGXX IT IS!!! I've been testing a thing or two and I need a vict...err...opponent, you don't object, do you? :D Anyway, I hear ya about the whole getting burned out in a tourney...reminiscing of that SC2 tourney I went to. Totally fried on the game after that; must've avoided it for a few weeks (interestingly enough, it was around the time I seriously started working on GGXX), and I still haven't gotten around to seriously playing it again. So... after which Melee tourney are you planning this post-tourney game/anime fest? The one this week, or the one after? I'm all for it, my brother probably will be too; not like he has anything better to do. Hopefully we'll find some fresh blood, I mean new competition; we need some more variety, not just close matches all 'round with the same old people until you step into the ring and hand everyone their ***.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
That's keep-away, not mind games...what you should be learning is how to get away once I move in; 'cause once I do, you tend to get ***** :D Anyway, yeah, Axl has his bomber loop; not sure if that's the one you're talking about, but it's the only one I've heard about for him. I've been working on a few other loops myself; one for Testament, one for Dizzy...we'll see how effective they are soon enough.

Don't expect any other suggestions from me, I'm perfectly fine with playing GGXX for hours on end; unlike with Melee or SC2, I have yet to burn out on GGXX from a mere 5-6 hour session :p

Testament

Smash Apprentice
SMASHBOARDS IS UP AGAIN, I CAN POST ONCE MORE!!! Haven't been able to get in for the last few days...well anyway, to business. Just a little note, when I was talking about your keep away game, I was referring to you falling back on a single long range attack to push me back every time I tried to close in. I don't mind the low->overhead combo you were doing, but the whole poking thing was a tad bit annoying...Anyway...

1) Congrats on landing the dust loop; I'll bring my laptop over next time I see you and show you some vids of how it's *really* done :D

2) Instant air dash (IAD) is just referring to air dashing ASAP after a jump, basically pushing diagonally up-forward, then forward really quickly (most notable in GG mode, but it's still termed IAD in normal even though it's rather easy to do.)

3) Work on those reps, I believe getting 3-5 is average, and 7 is something of a record if I'm not mistaken.

4) Don't blame me if you can't keep up your skills in Smash on account of your practicing GGXX; after all, if you've been neglecting to play Smash all this week, you can't really say it's MY fault, now can you :D Not that it's likely to affect you for too long, if at all...typically, given 15 minutes you start kicking *** again; so even if I do "go down in flames" it wouldn't be anything new :p

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Speaking Of Guilty Gear, I saw a Sol Badguy action figure at A1 Comics and cards in the Northway mall earlier tonight, looked pretty cool.

About tomorrow, I'm screwed, I tried to enter this Wednesday and got the sorry we're full' excuse...BAH! I'll come watch anyway, and I'll be over afterwards. For Anime I'm bringing:

Excel Saga#2
Trigun#1
Cowboy Bebop#1, 2 and 3.

Should be entertaining.

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Hey, what time's the tourney tomorrow? I need to know how early I need to wake up...anyway, did you try to register for the tourney this week or next week? I hope they're not fully booked for next week's, I still have to pay. But if they are, oh well; I'd much rather prefer a GGXX tourney anyway :p

Testament

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...I know it starts at either 12 or 2, I just forget which. Well, give me a call (644-4150) an hour before it starts, that should be plenty of time for me to get my *** over there. I'll pack my laptop too, for after the tourney.

Whoa there, don't blame me for being able to kick your *** all over the screen; not like it's my fault you became that dependent on GG mode :p Well, we'll see how much your practice is worth; don't disappoint me now :D

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
I just found out that Microplay is thinking of making a SSBM league, that would pplay twice a month. Lets find out more about it this saturday( The noobs are goin' down in flames!)

Top Bottom