• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
*Cough* Anyone interested in playing ssb64? I'd be down, if anyone cares. But the only problem is that I only have a n64, no cartridge. (might be getting one for X-mas)

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
i still play smash 64. it's not as good as melee though
because ice climbers aren't in it.

i challenge someone other then master alaska probably
to beat my kirby in a 5 match set. or something like that
yah
or any of my characters
whoever has my controller i need it back.
i haven't been able to play melee solo for maybe a month.
i'm getting worse

Lunaris

Smash Ace
"i challenge someone other then master alaska probably..."

probably? weak. you're on.

someone take arthur up on this! especially if you were one of those people wanting a ranking system. and make it worth something.

"i'm getting worse"

unless i am also getting worse(very high possibility of this), what happened on sat. night seem to speak differently. even if you only got those results in the matchup falco vs ICs, that's still getting closer. although my win ratio was considerably higher before we picked up ricky(being wobbled many, many times is very disheartening). we'll just have to see what happens in the future.

why don't you just buy a new controller? if it comes down to it i will lend you one of mine.

p.s. as a warning, keep discussion about that off the boards(in other words, do as you have been--the only reason i am writing this here is because this is my first post since last wednesday and no one is online). we have msn. and no, nothing has changed regarding my stance, despite civility.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I'll take it, and I'll use marth. However, I am not in favor of a ranking system. The higher ups of the system would be obvious, and basically everything past the top 5 would be very hard to determine and could lead to pointless debates.

Oh yeah and arthur, if you were talking about smash64, I'm not going to take the challenge because I suck really hard at ssb64, almost as bad as melee. So it wouldn't be alot of fun for me. However I'd like to play smash64 at rickys house some time. (thursday?) But be WARNED! i really suck.

Heart Fantasy

Smash Rookie
p.s. as a warning, keep discussion about that off the boards(in other words, do as you have been--the only reason i am writing this here is because this is my first post since last wednesday and no one is online). we have msn. and no, nothing has changed regarding my stance, despite civility.
No hate; just plant seeds of love.

p.s. it should be fully noted that if one reads this as if its been written in all caps, they should feel highly bemused.

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
I'll take it, and I'll use marth. However, I am not in favor of a ranking system. The higher ups of the system would be obvious, and basically everything past the top 5 would be very hard to determine and could lead to pointless debates.

Oh yeah and arthur, if you were talking about smash64, I'm not going to take the challenge because I suck really hard at ssb64, almost as bad as melee. So it wouldn't be alot of fun for me. However I'd like to play smash64 at rickys house some time. (thursday?) But be WARNED! i really suck.
if bring the n64 i can get smash64

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
if bring the n64 i can get smash64
Sounds good. =) It will be a tad **** towards me if you guys actually do advanced techniques though, because I just play it for fun and would probably get demolished. Either way, I think we should bring some other n64 games over too for an alternative to smash. (Basically anything multiplayer thats fun) Gcn would work too, but I'd have to bring my wii so tell me if you want to. This goes for everyone!

I really want to smash. Alot. So hey slackers, get ova here! >=) (or Ricky's smashfest on Friday) I'd also be really interested in helping/hosting/competing/setting up/discussing tournament ideas if anyone else got involved. (looks around) Because seriously, aside from the Dimond tournament, which doesn't really count because only certain people can go to it, the Alaska smash community isn't very tournament active. In fact, its been dead since Waynes World, and the most recent one had been canceled. We really need to have more because

1. They're fun, am I right?
2. Competition is healthy
3. We meet new players (recently "Fake Matt")
4. People who attend them get better (which I know to some extent all of you want to)
5. We don't have alot (looking at the WA and CA threads makes me really jealous)
6. Gives me more of a chance to upsmash peach up teh butt with marth (jk ricky)
7. And basically the community just evolves every time we have one. Which is desperately needed in my opinion, when I look at other smash communities in the world/lower48.

Will anyone help me on the crusade to making the AKsmash scene a more tournament-friendly place?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Caleb..were Going Trick Or Treating
Duno Bout Chris,.im Being The Holy Divaaa..
Hmm, sounds fun but I really don't have a costume and I may or may not have plans with Ben Keihn. But if I don't, and you guys are still up for it, then sure. (anyone else wann come?) u could go as kirby, arthur

Lunaris

Smash Ace
btw,
"Duno Bout Chris,.im Being The Holy Divaaa.."
i don't think you've been down long enough in the midnight sea.

after 4 sounds like plenty of time... too bad ill be in class til around 7:30 =/ not like we havent played later than that at ricky's on a thursday.

dunno if ricky/his dad would be down with two days in a row though, unless he wants to change it from friday(friday is probably a better day...).

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ricky told me it was going to be on Friday, but my house COULD be open for up to 4 people on Thursday. (after tournament till 9ish) (I have 2 tvs and 1 game hookup in my room, but its really small) so if 3-4 ppl are coming, a game hookup (gcn or wii + copy of SSBM + memory card) would be great. It would be nice if you are planning on coming over you could let me know before the tournament or before you're ringing my doorbell.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ricky told me it was going to be on Friday, but my house COULD be open for up to 4 people on Thursday. (after tournament till 9ish) (I have 2 tvs and 1 game hookup in my room, but its really small) so if 3-4 ppl are coming, a game hookup (gcn or wii + copy of SSBM + memory card) would be great. It would be nice if you are planning on coming over you could let me know before the tournament or before you're ringing my doorbell.
i might be able to come if i get permission from you of course

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
alright, i'm officially planning on coming to anchorage sometime in november, just to hang out and play smash because i am that badass.

(being able to go to a tourney while i'm there would be a plus)

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
ok ...... ummm, first off lemme say wassup,i never post one here but, im eddie and i havent been to any of the tournaments in anchorage ( which sucks cuz i love smash) me and my freinds usually play sometimes and were pretty good. anyways back to what im really here to say!!!!!

1 )Che Lab im down for tournaments and helping out
2 ) i need to speak to Derek, bcuz of him i got better at smash and i dont think he even members me, BUT!! i want to play you again, to see if i got any better.
3 ) please post back or watever and let me know wassup , i have windows live messenger.
Thanks later dudes,

Lunaris

Smash Ace
so... what happened at the tournament? what's going on now?

kiherbs, sounds fine with me. there're usually plenty of opportunities to play that are posted on the boards.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Well hello, kiherbs. If you want to play anytime (weekend) im down, my cell is 244-8781. And if you want to help set up the next tournament/ help out thats great, we should get together for some ideas. Also, Ricky got grounded so no smashfest tomorrow. Any alternative suggestions? (my house/dereks/???)
Oh yeah and prize money was
1. Regent Ricky - 20$
2. Count Chee_Lab -10$
3. Ean the Earnest - nothing =/ (I think he should of gotten free entry)

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
hmm all this sounds like fun. lol , If you guys need a place to play we could prolly do a get together at two of my freinds house's, but i have to talk to them first.
well im eddie 19 i live near arctic Che. and so do my homies. i hope you guys are as good as derek cuz we need competition lol , ok ill post laters nice to meet all of you

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Alright, sounds dope. My names Caleb, I'm 15, I go to Service High School and I live in Southside Anchorage.
I am not anywhere near Derek on levels of skill, and neither is anyone else in the community. (Daniel aka Captain Alaska might have something to say to that) But we do beat him occasionally (I don't too much, unless hes playing a low tier), so we hold our own, and some of us have had OOS experience. So, yeah unless you've trained at pro tournaments in the lower48, we're probably enough competetion :p.

But if you would be interested in playing over the weekend, my house could be open to up to 3-4 ppl.

EDIT: SSBM got officially added to the games list for the LANfest Saturday, November 17. From 2pm - 10pm over at the Marriott in Downtown Anchorage.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
i live off of arctic.

what side of arctic do you live on, eddie? the part near the dimond intersection or further down? i'm right by the dimond intersection.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
actually no more like 36th lol, brand new duplex that i bought... but yeah.. Caleb if u go to service than u probably know Fermin, ( my disciple so ....) anyways, i still want to play and i actually want to learn from derek and stuff cuz i know that i love smash but i wont go to the 48 to get better , i'll go for free but yeah....

Derek i can drive man i dont know if u remember me and manny , ummm you went to play alll the way in m.view one time we were there. but yeah all of can hit me up whenever. tommorow would be good, and actually were playing right now. if u want to come call me and leave me a message. 884-0616
ill be on here a couple more time tonight too, ok laters

Top Bottom