• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Yeah, the sheik players he was talking about... yeah thats
<----------- ^^

... bored. i wanna play Thecatdoctor. and get mah money match done with xanmoney

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
so my falco is that bad huh???
i quit.....
jk
well to tell you the truth theres not much way for me to improve without playing you or people better. ssssssssoooooooooooo hit me up and let me know whats going down people

PS: i dont think my falco is that bad :p
PSS: the IC's are coming along they are perty fun.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
yeah yeah, i didn't mean it was terrible. in terms of combos you've got a lot to learn, yeah, but you dont seem bad at l-canceling, lasering, and general movement, which is half the battle. manny's case is easier because ganon's technical game is fairly simple compared to falco's.

and ics are even easier than ganon. i dislike playing ics because i always feel like there's just not enough to do.

chances are after wednesday i will be able to play again.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
im not actually complaining
apparently i am improving
i just like to say that i am horrible at stuff (ex. japanese or smash)
i dont know why
<_<

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
Oh, yeah ive been prac. and you are correct and its explainable but yeah... whenever you can man, lemme show my 2-4 day improvement lol...

and i could go to rickyz but... imma get better first :)

Lunaris

Smash Ace
this is a long post, so long story short... GO TO THE LANFEST. bring others if possible. if you don't know what i'm talking about, read the beginning of the 3rd paragraph below this and it should be apparent.

i'm going to make 2 points clear on their boards, probably tomorrow, and i hope i have some people's support.
1. If they host a smash tourney, people will come.
2. If they don't host a smash tourney, they will just be losing out on money.

these points give the impression that we are of a benefit to their community, which means they should probably help us out(i.e. tourneys and a place in lanfests in the future) and also gives us some kind of say within the community. keep in mind we are talking about a community capable of renting out marriott hall here(a much bigger accomplishment than anything we on smashboards have been able to come up with). of course, in order to make this true, we need people to actually come. fortunately, we just need 15 people and we've got a smash tourney, but the more people there are the better.

i imagine most of you know about the lanfest at the marriot on the 17th. anyone who cares about having fun with this game and brawl in a competitive sense, not to mention the growth of this community, should make a point to go to this thing if they choose to have a smash tournament, and to get as many people as possible(i'm not talking about trying your best to advertise, just tell people you know who might be interested about it) to come and sign up for the smash tournament.

if we get them to do this and have a profitable turnout it will also make it easier for them to host said future events for various reasons which i am now too tired to expound upon here. either way, the benefit of having more than one person/locale(we already have wayne's world) willing to host tournaments is obvious, and in addition, it would help our community's growth.

i feel like a fool for writing this because almost all of you are probably planning on going anyways, or at the very least don't need this much convincing

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
ok i will lemme know when and where. ... ..
i will destroy!!!!!
lol probably not but yea , i will go.\
so directions to rickys??? anyone or call and leave a message 8840616

LANFEST I will get some noobs to go ... fasho :]

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
12$ for preregestered entry
16$ at the door

Btw i talked to the guy whos running the whole thing, and he basically said that if people bring all the smash hookups and 15+ people come, (likely) then there will definitely be an official tournament.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
i can bring a wii if i can find my video cords
if not, i cant.

however, i do have 2 copies of smash and 2 memory cards, so i could bring those.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
how many people here are going to go?"??
does it add up to 15 or more like 9-10?

and how manythings do we have to bring? even tv or no?

alright dudes. l8

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I too am bringing equipment.

1 27' LCD, and a setup of smash.

Btw, "TEAR" aka the guy whos running this hinted that the people who bring stuff might get a price reduction on entrance fees.

PRganon22

Smash Rookie
alright so u guys are playing tommorow and not thursday huh. what time is it? i get off of work at 6.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
it's only if it's hdtv

and only some of them

my friend's is really bad =[
So was the guy's who was hosting the waynes world tournament. I remember he demanded that semifinals + finals were played on that laggy *** piece of ****. he seemed like an arrogant charlatan too

Yeah and its only some of them, fortunately mine isn't laggy.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
who are you
and
we're playing thursday
that's manny, he's eddie's friend

and yeah, ricky's hosting on thursday and friday(unless things have changed?). i may play on different days depending on circumstances, though.

in regards to the lan thing, the more cubes brought the better, i imagine. i doubt tvs will be as much of a problem, but they would be good too. and yes, we need a minimum of fifteen people, but we're not aiming for minimum here.

caleb, you should find out how many tvs they have confirmed

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
LCD? LCD's suck for smash, there's a bunch of lag. Or I might be thinking of something else, but one of the TVs have lag.
very very good point ..... make sure they dont lag if u bring them...

rickys on thursday??????????
ok so where is this guys house?
hey xanskarr . what ur real name.. cuz im THE DON!! ;)

ThatOneDudeski

Smash Ace
very very good point ..... make sure they dont lag if u bring them...

rickys on thursday??????????
ok so where is this guys house?
hey xanskarr . what ur real name.. cuz im THE DON!! ;)
he saysd he was gonna post in regaurds to you comming over..but obviosly he forgot..call him. 244-4297 <-- his cell.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
I called you kiherbs, call my cell if you see this, ean just posted it but its 244-4297. Anyone else curious as pertaining to directions call me.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
Derek u down to play tonight?

if u want to hit me up so we can meet up somewhere

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
it's only if it's hdtv

and only some of them

my friend's is really bad =[
Are you talking about Drew's tv? if it is then i know wht u mean. thats the tv that Tony and i were smashing on this summer.

ANYWAYs, it seems that im a bit late on this discussion. Is there an upcoming tournament? this Job Corps place is cool and all but internet sucks.

No MSN Messenger.

No MySpace.

No wireless internet.

Final Desti-SeckS'sing shart.

Top Bottom