• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

adrian Blk

Smash Journeyman
actually no more like 36th lol, brand new duplex that i bought... but yeah.. Caleb if u go to service than u probably know Fermin, ( my disciple so ....) anyways, i still want to play and i actually want to learn from derek and stuff cuz i know that i love smash but i wont go to the 48 to get better , i'll go for free but yeah....

Derek i can drive man i dont know if u remember me and manny , ummm you went to play alll the way in m.view one time we were there. but yeah all of can hit me up whenever. tommorow would be good, and actually were playing right now. if u want to come call me and leave me a message. 884-0616
ill be on here a couple more time tonight too, ok laters

fermin smashes with us service people all the time
he's good but we like beat him everytime in singles

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
i have nothing to do today now. if i could get a ride, i could probably go over to someones house. in the tournament i had to play caleb twice in a row, knocking me out of the tournament. the prize money was only 20 dollars? wow, they're cheaper then i thought.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Yeah, and it was really unorganized, because they only got 39 dollars out of it when the enter fee was 5$, 13 ppl entered. 5X13 = 65, not 39. So they pretty much ****ed 3rd place over, and gave 1st and 2nd below decent prizes. Attention: my house is open today, I can't give rides though. So far Captain alaska, tomo and his brother are coming. room for 2 more. Derek, are u up for smash after 8?

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
fermin smashes with us service people all the time
he's good but we like beat him everytime in singles

Lol i knew it he says he beats all of you and that he only loses a little bit.. wow ,

i just woke up wow..anyways im down for smash today and tomorrow , just lemme know whats going down.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
ok, im thinking the 16th-18th sounds like a good time to come to anchorage to go to that lan fest. but are they going to have an actual ssbm tournament, or are they just letting people play smash there? because i read some weird stuff on alaskagamers about that.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
SOOOO, after promptly wrecking dimond, i went to ean's wit che_lab, played some smash, went home, and got promptly grounded, if you dont know why i prolly havent told you. So basically im grounded till next thursday.

Matsuki's Weeklies is now scheduled for next thursday AND friday, meaning two EFFING days of smash at my house. Everyone's invited and whatnot so contact me for details if you havent already been to a weekly.

My Cell #: 244-2497 always have cell with me.

Jem.

Smash Master
My mom is headed to anchorage tomorrow to see my aunt who has cancer and is basically dieing.
:/.
I needed a reason to post in Alaska's thread.. It's true though, but yeah, **** over here in Alaska!

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
my bad derek, i dint get on yesterday cuyz i slept way too long.... but anyways im down to play today ,
is anyone holding anything today??????
well im going to try to do something ill post back later...

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
Eddie, whats your address and what time are you open? You can pm me if you are uncomfortable with releasing your address. Also whats your msn? As an alternative, we could go to dereks house if you wanted

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
well no one can come to my house... bcuz of my brother, but i usually play at my friends house.. on arctic and 74th.. its down arctic from dereks house. and i dont ever use y msn dude mybad. but here gimme a call and leave a message. 884-0616.. my crew doesnt get off untill eight tonight.... can any of you play that late? alright. later

Lunaris

Smash Ace
lol 74th? wow, that is right by me, within walking distance of like 5 minutes or less.

EDIT: had a lot of fun playing you guys, looking forward to more. it's a shame i can't allow myself to lose to you, eddie =( i probably didnt seem like it but i love trash talk. anyways you should come over next weekend, or maybe you guys could go to ricky's house(that's where most people are going these days).

manny, my schedule's open most of the time. probably not so much this week though, i have a lot of work to do for college. you may have attack patterns that you repeat a lot, but they're pretty smart patterns, so they probably worked for you vs everyone you've played so far. anyhow, wish i could play you tomorrow, but ive already spent too much time this weekend screwing around.

from how much you guys adapted just playing me, im sure you can get better fast. hope eddie doesnt get too good with wobbling, i hate that ****.

if either of you have any questions you'd like me to answer, just ask.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
Thanks bro it was lots of fun!!! dude i can comeover when ever you wanna beat me lol.. but i will defeat your falco dont worry... lol then i quit ..
but the IC are pretty interesting thanks
wobbling is pretty easy , it reminds me of SF3,
anwyays ya man it was nice now i want more poeple to start playing serious so i don't feel like i suck...

Everyone : yes i got pwned..........

Manny: So you think eddie could win the tourny?
Derek: If i'm there?????..............
Eddie: (trying his hardest) lol .
good times

later anytime tho man.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
~`ReCeNT EveNTS`~

Just to clarify and stuff, Dimond had a tourney last thursday. Not exactly sure of who got what place under the top 3:

Ricky: 20$
Caleb: 10$
Ean: didnt get anything, pretty much ran the tourney though.

The tourney was a very large and particularly nasty failure, ean held it together though, lilly and nick couldnt even remmeber how much money they got from admissions and whatnot, but anyways we got our money/glory.

Also, almost everyday after school lately ean, jason, tomo and vito have been coming to my house, usually from 2:15 to 4:30, so if you have like two hours to spare and have transportation over here and back then come over, you'll hear from me the day in advance or i'll call you after school if we're doing anything that day. It goes from 2:15 to 4:30 because I cant have people over after school, and my dad gets home at 5 everyday so if you come you HAVE to leave at 4:30.

Ehh, being grounded le sucks, but yeah just to reclarify next thursday(currently sunday) is a half day, so i'll have people over to my house after school at around 12:30 something, so basically anytime after that is ok to come over, call me 'fore hand.

On a side note, ean jason and tomo have improved a ****load over the last few weeks, and caleb's marth is really good now.

Also my cell is 244-4297 for any new smashers wanting directions, i live pretty close to derreck.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
That could be your crew, Xanskarr. Ean, Ricky, Tomo, and yourself. I suppose I'll be "The Shredder", because Marth has a big sword?

Darkmusician

Smash Master

PRganon22

Smash Rookie
hey derek, yeah you pretty much owned me and eddie last night but it was still pretty fun. i have not gotten my work schedule yet but after i get off of work i'll let u know. so who do u think is better between me and eddie? i think that we are pretty even in skill, in fact i think that he's better than me at teching and wave dashing for sure.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
except me.
if you're not getting better then you just gotta stand up one day and be like "OK THIS IS IT; IM GONNA DO IT"

then clench your fists and growl..."NO TURNING BACK NOW!" then you start yelling really loudly for a minute or two. this is where you will get your power, but now you need to use it to focus on what you can do to improve (like getting down JC grabs) and do it. instead of just being like "aw man, im not improving" think to yourself "what would falcon do if he were in my situation?" well, let me tell you what he'd do. he would PAWNCH!!

Captain Alaska

Smash Apprentice
if you're not getting better then you just gotta stand up one day and be like "OK THIS IS IT; IM GONNA DO IT"

then clench your fists and growl..."NO TURNING BACK NOW!" then you start yelling really loudly for a minute or two. this is where you will get your power, but now you need to use it to focus on what you can do to improve (like getting down JC grabs) and do it. instead of just being like "aw man, im not improving" think to yourself "what would falcon do if he were in my situation?" well, let me tell you what he'd do. he would PAWNCH!!
Awe-inspiring.

However, you don't need to be good at smash even if you enjoy it.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Captain Alaska said:
Awe-inspiring.

However, you don't need to be good at smash even if you enjoy it.
true, but im just saying this because he's always complaining about not getting better.

and im not making fun of you xanskarr, im serious. if you want to get better then focus on what you can actually do to improve instead of just complaining that you can't get better. because you CAN.

aw crap, now when i come to anchorage everyone's gonna be like "what the heck, this guy isn't even that good though"

oh well i have cordova johns

Lunaris

Smash Ace
then clench your fists and growl..."NO TURNING BACK NOW!" then you start yelling really loudly for a minute or two.
in reality, this is all you need to do

manny, you and eddie are near equal. in terms of what eddie can do with falco he has a ways to go, but you seemed to mostly have the technical aspects of ganon and link down. i didn't really pay attention to teching/wding much, because no one always techs in the first place and neither of you really put wding to much use(not really a major criticism, there are lots of good players that dont).

techniques you should probably work more into your game are wding as a spacing maneuver, dash dancing(especially just dashing back to evade an attack and then dashing forward to grab after their attack ends), wavelanding(it's good with ganon, especially on platform stages), and wavedashing out of your shield(it's usually the safest way to stop shielding). also, work on DI. there are more important things in the game, but all the above techniques are pretty useful tools.

on a side note you may want to consider picking up an additional character. ganon/link isn't really a tournament viable combo because sheik players can chain grab you to death.

Top Bottom