• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
A notice

-------Notice-------

Funkmaster has started his REbirth. Now, he does
not know whether or not naybody here cares to
hear this, but he is letting the smash family know
that one of the side-effects of this REbirth is an
abstinence from Smash for he does not know how
long. It may be 2-3 weeks, maybe more. He's not
returning to Smash until he has been REborn. He
says that he will post again once he has been reborn.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I kinda said I was here like a month ago but since then I decided not to be a part of smash boards and recently changed my mind.

I live in Eagle River and im 14

I would like to go to a smashfest sometime but I dont think my parents will let me since Iv never even seen you people. Ill have to come up with a plan....
________
XV1600A

T0MMY

Smash Master
BC Chris is the most technical player ever.
He's so technical, he doesn't sleep. He just becomes more technical.
Any chance Alaska will be in WA or OR in the near future?

Che_Lab

Smash Lord

I'm so glad Sakurai is making full use of the time he got from extending the release date 3 months.
I too am glad, that rotation mode seems perfect for smashfests.
Especially for people who have rumble feature, and people who use a different control set than the norm.

G@BE

Smash Lord
remember when i came to Alaska and i did amazing things with amazing people and played the amazing Lunaris .... Is Lunaris still the amazingly best smasher in Alaska

Dear Alaskans,

I'm about to see snow for the very 3rd time in my entire life. I know that probably makes a lot of you mad, but you gotta remember how hot I am. Snow practically melts around my presence. Any snowy driving advice? I'm planning a trip... 4 luvin'.

Yours truly,
AHotGreasedUpJigglypuff 4 luvin'

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
remember when i came to Alaska and i did amazing things with amazing people and played the amazing Lunaris .... Is Lunaris still the amazingly best smasher in Alaska
indeed

who's going to use the "wii-chucks", seriously? I mean in tournaments and stuff like that.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
The Nunchuk + Wiimote control set seems more practical than holding the Wiimote sideways, at least for a fighting game.

@ AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff4Luvin', get some studded tires, or put chains on them. Other than that, you could always just drive slower.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Not for me, it doesn't. If you have to swing the wii-chucks to do stuff, I don't think that's practical. Whereas with the sideways wii controller, you can think like you're playing a GBA game.

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
I imagine swinging a light controller won't be too straining, while when holding a wiimote sideways, it feels awkward, and it seems as if it might not have as much button compatability as the other options. (multiple buttons for the same action)

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
With the Wii-chucks, I'm talking about competitive wise. It won't be easy to do advanced techniques if they're in with the nunchuck wiimote combination, I believe. None of this really does matter, as with what Dudeski wrote, I'm going to be using the Gamecube controller.

kiherbs

Smash Apprentice
i think for the brawl game.... .. i will stick to gamecube controller, because i dont think anything will beat the GC controller. but i do want to try the Wiimote and nunchuck, combo.... judt my thought

Lunaris

Smash Ace
this cell phone cd is the ****ing ****. you are most definitely the dankest of all nugs, the dankest nug.

yeah we're doing things over break. i am, anyways.

we need to try to get a tournament going, probably two; our last melee one like a week before feb 24th, then one for brawl a week after so we can kickstart things. who knows if we'd get any random attendees for a melee one at that point though, although i think appealing it as the last one might get some people out.

alternatively we could put them on the same day one week after brawl comes out. that'd make it easier for jordan to attend both, and we'd get more people for the melee tournament for sure. that may require more tvs though, and we could get way more people than we'd expect.

Top Bottom