• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Well, anyways, does vgc meet this thursday? It being the first thursday and all im not sure. If it does, where does it meet? Someone find me in the Freshman hall and take me to there...

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Hey for all the alaskan peeps-and xanskarr- V.G.C. Meets next thursday the 31st I think, Mr. Feir runs the club and bring a gamecube if possible, also there will be 2 or three ssbm tourneys held at the club, with prizes btw. Meet downstairs in A hall commons, You'll probably see a group of people so yahh, hope ya come!! At dimond high btw, 2:00 to 4:30.

Edit:lol, now that ive actually seen you in the halls xanskarr i'll direct ya, we should find a place to meet on thursday, see ya at school.

EDIT FIRST VGC MEETING:Well, we had our first actual vgc meeting were we played smash, Xanskarr was there, and it was awsome, I didnt actually get to smash with xanskarr because there were so many people and we only had three controllers, and btw I was voted to be the secretary of vgc. No word on when the tourneys will be yet, but I'll be organizing them.

EDIT SECOND MEETING:Well this meeting rocked as well, I'm officially the best at smash in the club, James is really close though-fellow peach user- and xanskarr was there as well, he supplied the gamecube, and it was really fun. Nothing to report in the way of tourneys, but hopefully soon.

EDIT ANOTHER MEETING:Sorry for updating it so late, been so busy. Not much to report, just awsome smashing, a lot of new freshman members.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Ummm... I say since its after school... meet at room b202? upstairs my last class.
On the gamecube, I cant. My parents wont let me take the gamecube anywhere... lame -_-
Cya at school.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
newsflash:

20 bucks or more depending on current funds to the first person from alaska to beat me in a best of 5 set, open to challenges any time. =) you beat me, you get 20 bucks; i beat you, i get nothing. front page updated with this intense challenge. made a number of other changes to it as well.

starting school on monday. maybe i can talk UAA into letting me use a room for a tournament, we'll see.

if i end up not going to burke's party tomorrow, you can come over, ricky(chances are about 50/50 that the party wont even happen). nobody else is scheduled to come, though, so if you do come it might just be you and i.

****ing allman scum and his 'things' to do. pos. step it up, mastering hard fantasy wont improve your performance in AP smash. oh well, i might not be able to do anything tomorrow anyways, as i've already said.
(that's a joke for whoever isnt in on it)

anyways with any luck see you tomorrow, ricky.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I'll call you Derreck, btw that would be absolutely awsome to get a room at UAA for a tourney, any help you need from me I'll be happy to do, I'll also be on msn, Hopefully I'll smash with ya today.

EDIT:I'll be updating the Video Game Club post I made a few posts up with tourney results, prizes, etc. So Expect some news on V.G.C.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
= someone here needs to pick up falco and a few other characters
Im starting to pick up falco. I got the shffl'd nair down pretty good, but im not really good with anything else. I can shl pretty well. I dont have the wavedash down that good. And I cant waveshine.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Im starting to pick up falco. I got the shffl'd nair down pretty good, but im not really good with anything else. I can shl pretty well. I dont have the wavedash down that good. And I cant waveshine.
Ohhh gawd more space animals, no peachs or links or anything......-sad-oh well.

Lunaris

Smash Ace
well, if chris, matt, and carlos come over more...

we have a bowser, jigglypuff, sheik, samus, and peach. carlos can play doc and link fairly well. i can play pretty much any character, albeit much worse than i used to be able to... my marth can now lose to Allman Ganondorf, for example. needless to say ive been trying to train him a little bit.

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
lol ricky, I wont be using falco against you guys for a while. I still am used to luigi, and ganondorf, sort of. I will just be playing my friend and brother with falco for now, until I can get pillaring and stuff down.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
i use doc mario marth samus and lots of others.
much more proficient with falco fox captain falcon sheik and jigglypuff though.
i didn't know why i didn't think of it before. i'm probobly going to be using sheik
and jigglypuff against you rikki. unless it happens that you pick up another char
other then peach.
also fox. doubleshining gets easier everyday
too bad its not THat useful. it just looks sweet.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well, if chris, matt, and carlos come over more...

we have a bowser, jigglypuff, sheik, samus, and peach. carlos can play doc and link fairly well. i can play pretty much any character, albeit much worse than i used to be able to... my marth can now lose to Allman Ganondorf, for example. needless to say ive been trying to train him a little bit.
you have a bowser?

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
The only character I use profficiently is peach, she has no real counter.....plus im to lazy to pick up another character, and btw Gimpyfish, how close do you live to seattle, like hours of driving if you could tell me, I'm always going to Seattle cause my relatives and such, and it'd be cool if I could smash with an awsome bowser(seen your vids). Also to Funkmaster LOL chainthrowing is the ultimate man, lmao i love to watch peach give huge amounts of damage without taking any skill-hehe-

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Hey derek, are you the "Crazy mo fo from alaska" that taught teflon_climbers how to shb?
Heres what he say.

Q: Who taught YOU all this?

A: A lot of it was this crazy mofo from Alaska, and a lot of it was the top Falco players in the states. Either way, it's a good idea to find a decent Falco player and take all the advice they throw your way. You'll become a LOT better a LOT quicker . The practice tips I really wasn't given. Most people practice differently, and I have some other things I do, do with the blaster, but decided not to put in this guide.

KaiserDragon

Smash Cadet
Im an alaskan! :)

I live in anchorage. But Im only 15 so I prob wont be involved in any tourneys. Im an average marth player.

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Im an alaskan! :)

I live in anchorage. But Im only 15 so I prob wont be involved in any tourneys. Im an average marth player.
What school do you go to??And also about the tourneys, are you talking about the ones in Video Game Club, Dude, im 15 to, and im organizing smash tourneys at my school, age doesnt really matter, but yahh if you go to dimond then what grade are you in??And whats your real name??

KaiserDragon

Smash Cadet
I got to east, and Im a sophmore. I only have one friends whos good at smash.

I would rather not give my name on the internet (parents you know), but ill give my first name, Anthony.

Theres supposed to be some kind of room at my school that during lunch they play smash, but ive never been there.

kkrusha

Smash Apprentice
hey you go to East there is This guy his name is David he is **** good if you ask me and also this guy named G' go to the game room. uhh its been awhile since ive been there but really good smash there!! But recently and i do eat my words ive found this guy his name is Manny (sorry if your on here and i misspelled your name) but he OWNS!! so far ive seen his Ganon quite ill, next is a Guy name Jarvis mains and only plays Fox hes been my comp. well and for those who may not know me i am Greg

I used to go to west i was the game room host for a couple years if you played tekken or cvs2 i was there Next i went to East for a bit some tekken 5 and soul cal.3 i got into the melee scene about 8 months ago but a hardcore 64 player.

i use Ganon, Mewtwo, & Dr. Mario

Samus

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
hey kaiserdragon, im pretty much the best smash player at east (east>diamond), my nmae's daniel, the "david" that kkrush talked about, senior at east

yeah there is a room, called NW12, too bad its filled with a bunch of loud, 'goths/ravers' most of the time; being of the begenning of the school year i havent brought in my gamecube, but i probally will this week

send me an email at allman.dc@gmail.com if you have any questions

hey kkrusha whats your name?

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
hey kaiserdragon, im pretty much the best smash player at east (east>diamond), my nmae's daniel, the "david" that kkrush talked about, senior at east

yeah there is a room, called NW12, too bad its filled with a bunch of loud, 'goths/ravers' most of the time; being of the begenning of the school year i havent brought in my gamecube, but i probally will this week

send me an email at allman.dc@gmail.com if you have any questions

hey kkrusha whats your name?
Dimond. Its Dimond. and east may be better, but dimond has better Jrotc.

KaiserDragon

Smash Cadet
Cool. I know this kid named Don, hes the one who told me about the room, he told me about it last year.

I usually play has marth as hes my best player (my friend plays has shiek), but we got tired of playing has them so now im practicing with mewtwo and hes practicing with ganondwarf. <---(Yes I spelled that wrong on purpose)

Hes the only person I know who actually gives me a challenge on Melee, and im the only person he knows who gives him a challenge. So ill be looking forward to playing it at school.

kkrusha

Smash Apprentice
Once Again my name is Greg, i would show up to the game room occasionally mainly for Tekken and Soul Cal. 3 i was the black Guy always wore a hoodie, well thats too bad the game room filled by outsiders what happened to the good old times anime club, good games, and people speaking Japanese. but as for the whole JROTC thing West Takes it by far i used to be in it Drill Team Rox. Anywhoo any one wanna get down?? (907) 278 1498 im always down saturdays and sundays work best tho!! WHOS INTERESTED IN LOCAL SMASH TOURNI' S??

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Once again my name is Greg, I would show up to the game room occasionally mainly for Tekken and Soul Cal. 3 I was the black Guy always wore a hoodie, well thats to bad the game room filled by outsiders. what happened to the good old times anime club, good games, and people speaking Japanese. But as for the whole JROTC thing West Takes it by far. I used to be in it, Drill Team Rocks. Anywhoo anyone wanna get down? (907) 278 1498 i'm always down saturdays and sundays work best thoough! WHO'S INTERESTED IN LOCAL SMASH TOURNEYS??
Hmmmm, Dimond v.g.c president is named Greg... Are there any local smash tourneys? I havent heard of any... Are there any sponsered by gamestop or something? Those are the ones that I want to do, because those are the ones I would be best at currently, I'm not that good at this game, so I want to go to small tourneys, unlike OC2 or something, I am more the gamestop tourney type right now.

kkrusha

Smash Apprentice
Okay, Game Stop and Microplay are the wackest sponsers when it somes to tourni's micro play dissowns the Fighting Genre scene. while it is way to complicated to have gamestop host one. but i do know a guy who works @ spenard pawn shop, his name is Mike he Hosts underground Tourni's whos turnouts seem to be rather large but he is one guy i trust, the DOA 4 tournament recently held 2 Xbox 360's where givin away as prizes, this is also a Hot spot for Retro Gamers, He hhas Everything from Atari to Xbox 360 in stock. anyways iff we wanna host a big one there has gotta be more of a scene and sorry to those who might have read any of my posts but it is lacking and i am sorry, but even small tourni's should bring people out of the dark, you agre?? And sorry im not that Greg your talking about only went to West and East.

Anyone Have Myspace?? www.myspace.com/Kaidakrusha

Xanskarr

Smash Lord
Okay, Game Stop and Microplay are the wackest sponsers when it somes to tourni's micro play dissowns the Fighting Genre scene. while it is way to complicated to have gamestop host one. but i do know a guy who works @ spenard pawn shop, his name is Mike he Hosts underground Tourni's whos turnouts seem to be rather large but he is one guy i trust, the DOA 4 tournament recently held 2 Xbox 360's where givin away as prizes, this is also a Hot spot for Retro Gamers, He hhas Everything from Atari to Xbox 360 in stock. anyways iff we wanna host a big one there has gotta be more of a scene and sorry to those who might have read any of my posts but it is lacking and i am sorry, but even small tourni's should bring people out of the dark, you agre?? And sorry im not that Greg your talking about only went to West and East.
I dont really like the stuff like DOA 4 and other things, im a smasher. Also, I knew you werent the greg from our school, he hasnt played ssbm for 2 years, or so he says. So what if microplay and Gamestop arent the best sponsors? I just want to play a tourney...

KaiserDragon

Smash Cadet
any of you who want to come over to practice smash with us sometime are welcome to pretty much at any time.

anthony, dont let your age restrict something like this =p i am 19 though, so i guess i could understand if your mom wasn't willing to let you come over. would it help if she met me?

just send me a PM about it or talk to me on AIM/MSN; i've posted my contact information on the front page, i'll update it pretty soon with new players if you guys stick around.

edit: nevermind, not quite -any- time... college is in session now so my schedule is a little more restricted, but for the most part i'm still free. i have thursday-sunday off, pretty much.

Its more of a transportation issue. The only way to get around town for me is to ride a bus or walk pretty much.

I havent updated my myspace in ages so its prob deleted by now.

kkrusha

Smash Apprentice
well next saturday im going to be a host for a tekken 5 tourni so depending on that turnout and how well or not so good things go may determine an official smash tourni. i know a good 30 players but out of those a third are worth mentioning whille half of that are the most difficult ones to get ahold of anywhoo anyone up for smash @ myplace today, 907 278 1498, Greg

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
Bump for anyone who wants to see Video Game Club results and such, on page 41, and btw to Lunaris, when can we smash, just anytime you can would be good, Also kkrusha, your hosting tourneys, awsome, if any are smash ones I'd help with them if you need any. I can smash with you guys if your going to lunaris's except for on thursdays, thats when vgc is going on, I think anyone is welcome, its at dimond high, if anyone has msn I could give them directions, thursdays from 2:00 to 4:30, all the info about it is on page 41 like i said, But anyday after that I'm free to do anything with you guys, tennis gets out at 4:00 on all the weekdays, and i'll have a ride so yahh, lets duke it out!!!

Matsuki222p

Smash Journeyman
well next saturday im going to be a host for a tekken 5 tourni so depending on that turnout and how well or not so good things go may determine an official smash tourni. i know a good 30 players but out of those a third are worth mentioning whille half of that are the most difficult ones to get ahold of anywhoo anyone up for smash @ myplace today, 907 278 1498, Greg
Hey were do you live greg, i might be able to come. Are you going Always Default?To lunaris' that is.

kkrusha

Smash Apprentice
oh sorry 3701 price st apt#14. uhh sorry guys it is Mt. View Territory, but hey i know it is all so soon so how about let set one up for next weekend huhn?? i will host @ my place anytime always but its just the fact that noone wants to come to this part of town but im still up for today or tonight like i said if you want to get some games in i urge you to call. anyways you guy later!!

oh i see, sorry, i guess lunaris is having his own my bad to be so intrusive....

ohh anyone use msn?? Add me kaidakrusha@hotmail.com and my yahoo is branjuh05@yahoo.com

Top Bottom