• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alaska(friend codes in first post)

Che_Lab

Smash Lord
**** YES
when are you going to be in anchorage?
and we hella got to go to taco bell afterwards

btw that poem thing was epic
PLEASE SAY UR IN ANCHORAGE TODAY
when you say neutral stages, you mean
Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams and Pokemon Stadium, right?
also wat characters? i think we should switch off between marth and fox dittos and then marth vs fox, and then a CF ditto after the said challenge

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
YES

Good idea on the characters

I'm not in anchorage but I'll probably end up going again for some reason or another in not too long.

Man I can't wait, this sounds so awesome

Mr. Swamp

Smash Cadet
good job and thanks for running the tournament, swamp. the tournament itself was fine except for that tv, and the stages available for counterpick were a little whack but that didn't cause any problems as far as i could tell.
Thanks! I tried to make the tourney as balanced as possible. So i used the SBR rules. I didn't realized the "slight" lag on some of the TVs til I actually sat down and played. I've been roaming the room all day, making sure that nothing was stolen, teaching people how to play some games, and regulate the tournament(s).I wish I could've played in it, but the tourney would've been WAY different if someone else had regulated. Good Games to all that I played @ the con. I'm actually in the mood to hosting more tournaments. What are the "usual" rule set for brawl/melee tournaments here?

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
rofl @ georgia
QFE

Btw, I need to match Jordan myself and see if my Fox can present a better matchup. I know his feelings on Brapl so as much as I want to continue raeping at it, I'll set my sights back on Melee not too long from now. I guess by now, Melee White Marth will never as good as he was but seeing as Fox is poop in Brapl, I think he'll be my new Melee main. Since I won't be so focused on MWM, I can explore more of the other characters of Melee such as Fox, Falco, Shiek, Peach, Zelda, Doc, etc.

Also, I'm ganon try to pick up D3 and maybe put more effort into Zelda. I'll probably exlore more of Snake's capabilities and perhaps give MK another try while I'm at it.

asdfjkl;

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
Dude, yesterday at parachutes, it was un****ing believable, the most ridiculous **** was happening. 1st off, i 3 stocked Ean's Falco with my roy, but i think that may have been a fluke, not sure. and then, when vito was there, me and him were on a team, vs chris and Ean. chris was dead, and i was link and vito was Cfalcon. so i down throwed to UpB Ean, but ean teked it, which made him slide right into Vito's falcon punch which sent him like rocketing off the stage... it was so perfectly timed... twas ****ing crazy awesome, i might be there thursday, ADRN U MUST COME

DaemonFang

Smash Lord
i was there, but not for brawl, 360 games rather. and i still i want to face DQP cuz i cant talk **** about him until i do, otherwise id just seem like a hipocrite/***

Lunaris

Smash Ace
Thanks! I tried to make the tourney as balanced as possible. So i used the SBR rules. I didn't realized the "slight" lag on some of the TVs til I actually sat down and played. I've been roaming the room all day, making sure that nothing was stolen, teaching people how to play some games, and regulate the tournament(s).I wish I could've played in it, but the tourney would've been WAY different if someone else had regulated. Good Games to all that I played @ the con. I'm actually in the mood to hosting more tournaments. What are the "usual" rule set for brawl/melee tournaments here?
yeah, i'm very glad you were the one hosting it. in the past, things were run differently(read: terribly by our standards). as for the rules up here, for brawl it's usually 3 stock. melee was typically 4 stock. as to stages, for both melee and brawl we kept it simple.

melee=fd/pokemon stadium on random for the first match. available counterpicks are DL64, FoD, Yoshi's Story, and Battlefield if i recall correctly.

for Brawl, i was considering just having FD, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, and Lylat System(? is that its name?), although I never thought about it too much since I never got close to hosting a tournament.

anyhow, the kirby player brad mentioned said he went to smashboards. with any luck he'll post.

DQP

Smash Ace
i was there, but not for brawl, 360 games rather. and i still i want to face DQP cuz i cant talk **** about him until i do, otherwise id just seem like a hipocrite/***
you are SO right

if you want to fight me, you can either fight me online, or wait until the Senshi Con

Fight me in melee as well, if you wish

DQP

Smash Ace
trust me, i've had my share of DDR, guitar hero is my personal preference

and never, NEVER mention DQP roll ever again

DQP

Smash Ace
Why are we arguing over music games? Its all a matter of opinion, you know. I just happen to like GH, that's all. How does that make me any wronger than you guys?

DQP

Smash Ace
you can't request cheeseburgers from me, only pure double quarter pounder!
by the way, watch the triple posts there

Lunaris

Smash Ace
i have a cell phone at my house which i'm assuming someone left here on saturday.

anyhow, same thing this saturday, or perhaps multiple days since i'm not expecting to have to do much over the weekend.

spacing_out

*desperate downsmash*
I think I started something with the Brawl sigs...

Also, I noticed that I'm winning more matches against Mario128. The funny thing is that most of the matches that I've won were matches where I used Wolf. o.O

I just lost the Game.

Haha, I think it's funny that you tell me not to mention the DQP Roll again when there's at least 5 videos on YouTube that I know of where you appear to be getting off on a GH controller.

DQP

Smash Ace
I've gotten over DQProll. I learned a valuable lesson: never to humiliate myself when I have a good chance of appearing on Youtube

Top Bottom