• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

MegahogX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegahogX
Hey sm4sh players, who is the most gimpable character off stage and why do i think its bowser jr?
It's probably because if you hit him with an attack that doesn't do much knock back when he try's to recover he doesn't get his clown car back

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
Magic City Smash 7 results:

Smash 4 Singles: https://smashboards.com/rankings/mcs-7-smash-4-singles.14810/event

Smash 4 Doubles: https://smashboards.com/rankings/mcs-7-smash-4-doubles.14811/event

Melee: https://smashboards.com/rankings/mcs-7-melee-singles.14812/event

Project M: https://smashboards.com/rankings/mcs-7-project-m.14813/event

Thank you to everyone for coming out this Sunday! Our next event will be on Sunday, September 18th. This next event will have NO VENUE FEE!!! We appreciate all the attendance throughout the Summer and hope to see as many of you as possible throughout this next semester.

P.S. - We have extended early registration for DTS until August 29th at 1 pm. Don't miss your second chance!!!

Last edited:

Dusta_Rhymes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-8248-1307
Hey sm4sh players, who is the most gimpable character off stage and why do i think its bowser jr?
Bowser Jr isn't that bad actually because his up b not only lets you attack during the jump, but the machine also explodes which does crazy damage. It's actually a great mind games tool

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
Bham Brawl was dope.
Gotta figure out why loser's bracket makes me play so much better. Winners is just so much less work. (Less sets to play for greater results)

Friendly_Fire

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheFriendlyFire
Yesterday's Birmingham Brawl was a good day for me:

broke my 0-8 streak at Smash 4
broke a shield
made someone ragequit
footstooled a cloud

and then had to forfeit because my ride needed to leave ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
guess my tag makes sense now lol

Dusta_Rhymes

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-8248-1307
Yesterday's Birmingham Brawl was a good day for me:

broke my 0-8 streak at Smash 4
broke a shield
made someone ragequit
footstooled a cloud

and then had to forfeit because my ride needed to leave ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
guess my tag makes sense now lol
Boi you got that rage quit on VOD or nah

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Double post, but I want this to stand out.

The guys making the Smash4 power rankings are in the process of making the next PR list. If anyone has tournaments they've attended or know about- in or out of state- that they would like to count towards their consideration for the PR, please let us know! ( 100AngryTurtles 100AngryTurtles @Pudding009 Mahgnittoc Mahgnittoc @Saki- Sweaters Sweaters , or myself) The tri-annual cutoff for this season is April 25th through August 27th. Only offline, non-weekly Smash4 tournaments that happened within that time period will count towards this season's PR list.

Our records so far include the following tournaments:

MCS 1-7, April 30 - August 21
Birmingham Brawl 8-11, May 28 - August 27
vsHsv 7-10, May 21 - August 20
HASL@ Hamacon, June 19
WTFox 2, July 2
(This list will surely expand)

Last edited:

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
Double post, but I want this to stand out.

The guys making the Smash4 power rankings are in the process of making the next PR list. If anyone has tournaments they've attended or know about- in or out of state- that they would like to count towards their consideration for the PR, please let us know! ( 100AngryTurtles 100AngryTurtles Keet Keet @Pudding009 Mahgnittoc Mahgnittoc @Saki- , or myself) The tri-annual cutoff for this season is April 25th through August 27th. Only offline, non-weekly Smash4 tournaments that happened within that time period will count towards this season's PR list.

Our records so far include the following tournaments:

MCS 1-7, April 30 - August 21
Birmingham Brawl 8-11, May 28 - August 27
vsHsv 7-10, May 21 - August 20
HASL@ Hamacon, June 19
WTFox 2, July 2
(This list will surely expand)

Why didn't you include me in the list of panelist Dan?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why didn't you include me in the list of panelist Dan?
We can't expect logical consistency in your assessment of tournament variables since you don't even have a single sweater in your avatar.

edit: Oh ****. Kirby has one.

Last edited:

Sweaters

Smash Journeyman
We can't expect logical consistency in your assessment of tournament variables since you don't even have a single sweater in your avatar.

edit: Oh ****. Kirby has one.
They're all wearing sweaters. Do you not have eyes?
Bigger image to look at

Last edited:

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay I was wrong I admit that... but what kind of sweater has an open chest? Doesn't that kinda defeat the point of wearing one?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
No matter how many times I see that signature, it always catches me offguard.

Last edited:

Friendly_Fire

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheFriendlyFire

My name is Justin Joe, and this is my church gym. I run this tournament for the Alabama Smash League and my friend, "Big Brian". Every setup in here works and has a number. One thing I've learned after 11 Birmingham Brawls - you never know when the friendlies will end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom