• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

smbmaster99MFGG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
smbmaster99
personally my biggest issues with the clock tower are the background is extremely distracting what with the special effects, the constant rotating, and all the monsters flying in the background, and some of the platforms that appear are solid and others aren't, so (and this is a rather rare case, but it can still happen) if you get knocked at a certain angle right as one of these solid platforms appear, unless you have god-like reflexes you probably aren't gonna tech it, meaning you'll probably get stage spiked and die from an attack you probably could have very well survived otherwise. Some of these platforms also create walk-offs when they appear.

also the clock face dips down just a little bit which can block lucario's aura sphere and we don't want that now do we :y

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
We also have Duck Hunt and T&C. Like I've already said there's no need for UCT in the conservative stage list. If the stage list is expanded again then I'm down to give t a fair shot

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So how do you balance out the smallness of every stage that isn't Battlefield? It's a little janky (I'd argue less so than Castle Siege or Delfino's), but at least it keeps all the stages from being small or medium with one big stage that can just be banned.
I wouldn't. I don't think the lack of huge stages is an issue.

Last edited:

Bigham

Smash Rookie
So how do you balance out the smallness of every stage that isn't Battlefield? It's a little janky (I'd argue less so than Castle Siege or Delfino's), but at least it keeps all the stages from being small or medium with one big stage that can just be banned.
I agree that it is definitely less janky than those stages. Especially because the platforms when they disappear the knock the person off instead of killing them like town and city or other stages but I still don't like it. I feel that some of the transformations can just favor character to well plus there is a run off transformation. 3-4 of the transformations are fine and i believe there are 7 but we really won't know till we try the stage out in tourney which is why its a good thing Uab this weekend will have it legal.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I agree that it is definitely less janky than those stages. Especially because the platforms when they disappear the knock the person off instead of killing them like town and city or other stages but I still don't like it. I feel that some of the transformations can just favor character to well plus there is a run off transformation. 3-4 of the transformations are fine and i believe there are 7 but we really won't know till we try the stage out in tourney which is why its a good thing Uab this weekend will have it legal.
That's why you counter pick a stage. To give the advantage to the loser. But that's why we also have a ban to make sure it isn't to polarizing.

Top Bottom