• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Doc_Pickle

Smash Apprentice
If any of you fine gentlemen happened to find a purple GC controller after BIO, I would very much appreciate it if you'd let me know. I seem to have misplaced mine.
I found it, apparently my facebook post about it didn't go through. You going to be at Bham Brawl 6?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
The weekend of the 19th-21st? Yes, I'll be going to Kings Of The South II.
The weekend of 12th-14th? No, gotta put em dem hours at work.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
I think everyone agrees that they don't like lylat and norfair, so there's an easy 2. Then take out either yoshi's story or wario's, and distant planet or yoshi's island and you've got an even wholesome ten with a balance of sizes. Anyone else got anything?

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
Take out Lylat, Norfair, and Distant Planet. I'm neutral about Yoshi's versus Wario Land.

If necessary, we can get a group chat on Facebook, but I feel like it's pretty cut and dry.

Cox Box

Smash Cadet
If you can talk with the other PM players and give me a list of what stages you guys can agree on to get rid of, I'll consider getting rid of some stages.
Just use the Huntsville stage list, since it's the same one most TOs in the area are using. All of Georgia is using it, KO is using it in Tennessee, and it's being adopted in many other places nationally.

Here's a link to the thread explaining in detail why it's so good: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-nebraska-9-pm-singles-stagelist.427489/

They do character first for counterpicking, but that's an entirely different can of worms I don't want to get into right now.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I doubt anyone who's opinion matters thinks all of you are bad (or even most of you).

Here you go my dude

R ragnarock We get it, you're a good player. But spelling people's names wrong and generally making an *** of yourself isn't helping anything. We're not going to label 85% of the state's player as "North Alabama" because you're acting like a child.
1st of all I said o spelled it on accident. Read my post. 2nd I cuss, a lot as a matter of fact. 2, I'm not acting like a child just because you don't agree with what I'm saying. 3. I meant what I said bout North Alabama players because of my experience with y'all since I've been playing. I meant what I said if you don't like my delivery thats a personal problem. Personally I'm sure y'all cool. But I'm looking at this from a smash point of view. Like u said before. It should b separate

Anime

Smash Journeyman
1st of all I said o spelled it on accident. Read my post. 2nd I cuss, a lot as a matter of fact. 2, I'm not acting like a child just because you don't agree with what I'm saying. 3. I meant what I said bout North Alabama players because of my experience with y'all since I've been playing.
You're right, kids know how to count to 3. (I'm sorry dude, it's just so easy).

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
until people are willing/able to travel more than an hour and half to go to tournaments, there's no reason for anybody anywhere to even suggest a statewide power rankings list in any game. this state is casual as **** and yall need to stop pretendin like you aint lol

Last edited:

Anime

Smash Journeyman
until people are willing/able to travel more than an hour and half to go to tournaments, there's no reason for anybody anywhere to even suggest a statewide power rankings list in any game. this state is casual as **** and yall need to stop pretendin like you aint lol
Do you go to tournaments? Or do you enter under a different tag or something?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Do you go to tournaments? Or do you enter under a different tag or something?
Yeah you'll see him at the occasional BIO or Birmingham Brawl. But yeah a lot more people travel outside of their little city these days. We've done better this season than we have since events went dry in like '11

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you'll see him at the occasional BIO or Birmingham Brawl. But yeah a lot more people travel outside of their little city these days. We've done better this season than we have since events went dry in like '11
I've been informed he's mainly a smash 4 player and old school brawl. I thought he was a pm player because of his signature, which confused me. PM travels pretty well.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
theONEjanitor theONEjanitor people have been traveling more. The issue isn't that people aren't traveling. It's that South Alabama (mainly mobile from what I can tell) don't have any other tournaments that are within a reasonable distance to consistently go to to prove they are good enough to be PR'd. I am in no way saying they are **** players in this post. I'm saying that making a PR just for southern AL is stupid when that opens it up for people to be on both. We've had the debate with Reflex ever since Brawl. I still think it's dumb to have a split PR. It's not a super casual state either. Most of the Top 10 players care about getting good. But I don't think having two PRs or going down to 20 to represent 1 city is smart since I don't think we'll have that many "respectable" players.

R ragnarock you look childish when you come j to thread being mad af because people didn't agree with you. I said get good. Then you were like oh you ****ing north Alabama elitist ain't ****. How is anyone gonna back you when you start your argument like that? If you want someone to back you up try to make your argument appealing and don't make yourself look like a ****ing ****. Cuss all you want to that doesn't hurt my feelings. But when you specially call someone out, misspell their name, then say you don't care you look like a prick.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
He enjoys Melee and PM iirc, he just puts tournament time into Brawl/Smash Wii U due to the low skill floor.

Brawl traveled, Melee hella traveled back in 08. Smash Wii U tho.....we're getting there

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
We have decent sized tournaments every weekend in State and we are close enough to Georgia/Florida/Tennessee to travel out of state. Now we just need more people to travel when they are willing/able.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
Do you know if the vods are going to be uploaded to Youtube? I'm hoping for less choppy versions, but if the technology gods where unkind, that would be understandable.

Last edited:

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I never ask anybody to back me up. And just because I'm talking to you in a way you don't like you look down upon that. I could care less, that's just me...point blank period. And 4 someone to think Ima look back and forth to spell some fake name correctly... Please....get over yourself. And if anybody don't like it...so what. What's gona happen to me?

@Mac: you actually think I could give a damn what anybody on this **** thinks about me. Nobody on this pay my bills and you ain't my parents or anybody of any importance on that lvl. So I can be a prick......so what. I don't care. This hole thing was about having a separate pr., and I've been in the scene 4 at least 10 yrs and North Al has all the say so. And that's not fair. Cause other than 2 ppl up there no one really stands out 4 the moment. And the same could said down here. But if thats the case, we're on equal footing

Last edited:
Top Bottom